• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| Almost Brings a tear to my eye

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Kofi and Big E were teamed up with Xavier in their corner at the house show I went to tonight. They wear matching silver tights now. (They had the match of the show against The Ascension, too.)

somedevil

Kofi and Big E were teamed up with Xavier in their corner at the house show I went to tonight. They wear matching silver tights now. (They had the match of the show against The Ascension, too.)

I see. So it seems they won't debut the group on tv till they find the right way to do it and its not about race.

Good luck with how the writing has been the past two weeks.

bucks4.gif

Bucks rule. But you already know this.

Really enjoyable show, loved the main event, fucking madness. Both teams are so much fun to watch. Briscoe/Elgin was pretty good, Elgin still did a ton of stuff that pissed me off, but I felt this was one of his better matches. AJ/Cole was great but the crowd weren't too into the beginning, but I really liked Cole returning to the side headlock and using it to repeatedly cut AJ off. There were a couple of fluffed spots once they picked up the tempo, but the finishing stretch was off the charts. The four way tag was a lot of fun as well, really reminded me of the sort of undercard match you'd see in classic 2005 era ROH.

Yeah, the picture quality looked great and I didn't have a single buffering issue all night - there was a slight sound delay in the second half, but it was only a few split seconds off and I didn't find it too noticeable. Hopefully that'll be fixed for the VOD replay.

Alucard

Banned
Really jacked to see the VOD now. Sounds like a lot of really great action, a huge title change, and intriguing story developments.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I see. So it seems they won't debut the group on tv till they find the right way to do it and its not about race.

Good luck with how the writing has been the past two weeks.
Yeah, they probably don't want to make it seem like it's a reaction to that article.

Isnt't the easiest thing to make Xavier Dr Woods and play on intelligence? They had done that a tiny bit on Main Even before it got pulled off tv and it was fine. What do I know.

strobogo

Banned
"Sid using the force maggle?"

"I love it"

Piper missed about 14 punches in a row. Not even close. Sid had two of the weakest chair shots you'll ever seen. Hogan and Sid both missed big boots. I've never seen four guys all look so weak and work so light in a match. It was embarrassing.

The word going around about Elgin's title loss is that ROH thinks Elgin's a weirdo with his tweets about wanting to be baseball player lately.

Was about to say, those tweets asking about open tryouts for baseball teams a couple days ago were a really fucking dumb thing to do

TWITTER CLAIMS ANOTHER

Sydal back in ROH should be fun, it was a shame we never got much of a chance to see much his heel turn before he signed to WWE, but I doubt he'll be playing the heel this time around.

The word going around about Elgin's title loss is that ROH thinks Elgin's a weirdo with his tweets about wanting to be baseball player lately.

He's also opened up a wrestling school, which is sponsored by ROH, so perhaps he's taking a different direction in his career - also, it's worth noting that the ROH belt is meant to be defended at Wrestle Kingdom in January and, given that New Japan reportedly disliked Elgin in the try-outs, a title switch was always on the cards. I'm just surprised it happened so soon, especially in his home town.

Sydal back in ROH should be fun, it was a shame we never got much of a chance to see much his heel turn before he signed to WWE, but I doubt he'll be playing the heel this time around.

He's also opened up a wrestling school, which is sponsored by ROH, so perhaps he's taking a different direction in his career - also, it's worth noting that the ROH belt is meant to be defended at Wrestle Kingdom in January and, given that New Japan reportedly disliked Elgin in the try-outs, a title switch was always on the cards. I'm just surprised it happened so soon, especially in his home town.

well Maria was talking about Matt coming back, so who knows

strobogo

Banned
what match was it?

Hogan/Piper vs Sid/Flair from Battle of the WWF Superstars 1992. I was going to review the tape, but it is too awful. I used to watch the tape to put me to sleep as a kid and I almost never made it past the Hogan tag. The next match is Nasty Boys/Beverlys vs Bushwhackers/Slaughter/Duggan.

It does have a decent HBK/Bulldog match.

ibtU6o1aZai7Tr.gif

Top Bottom