• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Once I make a thread I'm sure some people will think it's a joke about JR but it's serious business!

WWE 15 Best PPVs EVER

#1 WrestleMania X-Seven
#2 Money in the Bank 2011
#3 Royal Rumble 2000
#4 Spring Stampede 1994
#5 WrestleMania III
#6 Great American Bash 1989
#7 SummerSlam 2013
#8 One Night Stand 2005
#9 No Way Out 2001
#10 In Your House: Canadian Stampede
#11 Extreme Rules 2012
#12 Bash at the Beach 1996
# 13 Backlash 2009
#14 Heat Wave 1998
#15 Survivor Series 1995

Honorable Mentions:
SummerSlam 1991
WrestleMania X
WCW Great American Bash 1996
ECW Barely Legal
Backlash 2000
Invasion
SummerSlam 2002
Bad Blood 2004

MitB 2011 as #2? Kiss my ass, lousy bastard /jr

also lol WCW PPVs showing up on the list

also lol pretending Benoit doesn't exist

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Once I make a thread I'm sure some people will think it's a joke about JR but it's serious business!

tumblr_ms7tksYUqg1qheak7o1_250.gif

business

Supposedly, there was major heat on Jim Ross for not stepping up and cutting Ric Flair off at the 2K panel that Flair went drunkenly insane during.

Ross and Vince had a meeting yesterday to discuss the 2K panel and his future with the company. The meeting ended up with Ross deciding he was leaving the company.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Wrestling related Puppeteer spoilers for anyone who is thinking of playing it.

4th act boss fight is luchadore themed, and the narrator drops Jim Ross lines, at first I thought it was maybe a coincidence, and then they kept doing it.

slobberknocker
good goddess almighty
business is about to pick up
whipping each other like government mules

Fun stuff, game is pretty good as well.

Showaddy

Supposedly, there was major heat on Jim Ross for not stepping up and cutting Ric Flair off at the 2K Panel that Flair went drunkenly insane during.

Ross and Vince had a meeting yesterday to discuss these issues and his future with the company. The meeting ended up with Ross deciding he was leaving the company.

Rick Flair's a 64 year old man, not a 10 year old child. Why would Vince hold his behaviour accountable to anyone else?

Rick Flair's a 64 year old man, not a 10 year old child. Why would Vince hold his behaviour accountable to anyone else?

Devil's advocate: JR was there as the moderator of the discussion. Ergo it is his job to... you know... moderate it. That said most of the views that video got were from linking it as "Holy shit Flair is wasted at this video game thing"

XenoRaven

I might need to make a topic about it, this is proving to be a tougher termination than initially expected.
Did you make one about Cody ye-er did you make one about that employee that questioned management and then lost a typing competition to your most valued employee with his contract on the line?

A JR shoot video would be amazing

Yes it would. A friend of mine had a Dad who was an NWA referee in the 80s, so they go to the Cauliflower Alley Club conventions in Las Vegas every year. He said the one year he went with his Dad, Jim Ross was there and he was talking AMAZING shit about Vince the entire time.

Showaddy

Devil's advocate: JR was there as the moderator of the discussion. Ergo it is his job to... you know... moderate it. That said most of the views that video got were from linking it as "Holy shit Flair is wasted at this video game thing"

While I'll admit that's true to a certain extent I really can't imagine they'd blame him that much for not being able to keep and drunken Flair in check. There's only so much you can do with a person like him.

Try again. TMNT isn't really the same as wearing a tired ass meme on your shirt. I wonder if she loves 'rageface comics' too

Im pretty sure she got that shirt from a fan because she used to post about re-watching Dragonball Z and Yu-gi-oh! when Saturday Morning Slam was on. AJ is probably one of the few wrestlers who would be nice enough to take some fans gifts though. I wouldn't knowing wrestling fans

Anth0ny

WWE 15 Best PPVs EVER

#1 WrestleMania X-Seven
#2 Money in the Bank 2011
#3 Royal Rumble 2000
#4 Spring Stampede 1994
#5 WrestleMania III
#6 Great American Bash 1989
#7 SummerSlam 2013
#8 One Night Stand 2005
#9 No Way Out 2001
#10 In Your House: Canadian Stampede
#11 Extreme Rules 2012
#12 Bash at the Beach 1996
# 13 Backlash 2009
#14 Heat Wave 1998
#15 Survivor Series 1995

Honorable Mentions:
SummerSlam 1991
WrestleMania X
WCW Great American Bash 1996
ECW Barely Legal
Backlash 2000
Invasion
SummerSlam 2002
Bad Blood 2004

MitB 2011 as #2? Kiss my ass, lousy bastard /jr

also lol WCW PPVs showing up on the list

also lol pretending Benoit doesn't exist

well at least they got #1 right

lol invasion

and where the FUCK IS FULLY LOADED 2000

While I'll admit that's true to a certain extent I really can't imagine they'd blame him that much for not being able to keep and drunken Flair in check. There's only so much you can do with a person like him.

Anyone who can keep a drunk Flair in check needs to try being a hostage negotiator.

That list is super-light on Wrestlemanias, but as I think about it none of them are ever "great" from top to bottom. XX was probably the last one I remember being great, but that is only based on the strength of the two really solid main events and a super hot crowd. Also Lesnar/Goldberg still holds up as an amazing [something]

Striker

SummerSlam '02 an honorable mention, and MitB '11 gets #2? More like "it happened more recent, so let's make 'em assume it's better".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also a WrassleGAF Moment:

Mechashiva is moving to my town! So expect us to...hang out sometime!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You know I just realised that with some smart phones getting so unnecessarily huge, Paul Heyman should bring back his old gimmick of hitting people in the head, before returning to talking on them.

I can't believe people actually buy mobiles that are the size of their head in width and length.

Also a WrassleGAF Moment:

Mechashiva is moving to my town! So expect us to...hang out sometime!

Are you going to become his new bunny? Hang out in his hat until he needs you?

Top Bottom