• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

strobogo

Banned
BO Dallas is the lesser of two evils. It could have been Richie Steamboat being pushed as NXTs top star.

I like Richie and would take him over Bo 100% of the time. Richie isn't great or anything, but he's at least genuinely likeable and believable as a white meat baby face with room to improve.

Brera

Banned
I don't watch NXT or at least had no desire to but when I saw BO turn up at royal rumble, I instantly hated the mother fucker.

How the fuck has he even got a job. Wade should have buried the cunt.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wade should have stayed buried under those chairs. Of course, Boverlord looked bad. Who doesn't look bad when they have to work with that slobby fatass. Maybe Wade can grow a thicker beard to cover his weak chin or get another tattoo of a flower to show how tuff he is.

Watching the stuff I missed from Death before Dishonour and, JEEEZUS, Roderick Strong seriously fucked up poor Ricky Marvin with the sick kick - knocked him out cold and it then looked like Strong didn't notice that Ricky hadn't kicked out, even though the ref had counted to 3, so he went and hit the Gibson Driver anyways;

iLv0a0SPO5rN8.gif

Slow-mo;

iSrPTb4o5PG0B.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bryan & Co. channeled The Shield by swarming Rollins, breaking their attack only when Ambrose & Reigns attempted to interfere. Dolph & The Usos dispatched the intruders and Bryan took it all home, doubling up with a “Flying Goat” headbutt and a Busaiku Knee that turned Rollins inside out for the historic 1-2-3.

Someone tell WWE.com to stop making up words and call it what it is. The Move That Beat John Cena.™

strobogo

Banned
Remember when Ted DiBiase Jr. was doing That Move That Would Beat John Cena One Day? It was a regular move of his and might have even been a finisher. I think it made it to Smackdown games.

Fandango's pop last night was fuckin' MASSIVE.

If, say, in a year or two, they dropped the dancing, Fandango could be a great narcissistic heel. Just have him play his Total Divas creeper character. He could have a good feud with someone like Cody, as he's clearly getting more and more confident in the ring.

strobogo

Banned
Lex is such a bummer. You have guys like Billy Graham who are in awful shape due to steroid and drug abuse, but Lex's condition had nothing to do with any of that. At least he can walk now. As much as I think he was an awful wrestler after 1992, it's still a bummer to see a guy who was as big and jacked as him basically being a 120 pound skeleton.

Why does RVD stick up for like D-Bry and the other locker room guys then no one even comes out to help him.

:\

I don't care about RVD I'm just saying.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Why does RVD stick up for like D-Bry and the other locker room guys then no one even comes out to help him.

:\

I don't care about RVD I'm just saying.

Remember since 2004, if you are a decent person, tell the truth, or have friends you stick up for and hang out with on a respectful level, you are a villain and should be shunned.

No one knows how to deal with this awful, mean spirited, heel RVD.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Oh man I'm hyped for this.

Lex is such a bummer. You have guys like Billy Graham who are in awful shape due to steroid and drug abuse, but Lex's condition had nothing to do with any of that. At least he can walk now. As much as I think he was an awful wrestler after 1992, it's still a bummer to see a guy who was as big and jacked as him basically being a 120 pound skeleton.

It really is a shame, but thank god he got out. He looks elfin now, pretty strange. I really like the dude though as a person. He's a likeable dude.

Lex Luger was involved in a wonderful amount of unintended funny for me during my most favourite time of wrestling ever (96-early 98 WCW).

Despite it being a little 'unsettling' how he looks now I am very happy that he is still alive. :)

LUGER WON THE TITLE

LEX LUGER WON THE TITLE

CELEBRATION TIME IN THE MOTOR CITY

That was awesome as, actually meant something beating Hogan at that point. Place went nuts.

Gonna go listen to his music on YouTube now.

somedevil

Spoiler for the Stipulation for the Del Rio vs RVD title match:

Hardcore Rules match for RVD and Del Rio.

I wonder if the Bryan and Orton match stipulation rumor will happen.

strobogo

Banned
Gonna go listen to his music on YouTube now.

His music was definitely the best thing about him post-WWF. However, I really enjoyed the angle of him being BFF with Sting despite him being a heel and Sting being a face. The match quality was awful, but I liked the angle a lot.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Souled Out 1/17/99

TO THE BACK. Goldberg was on the floor holding his knee. He threw a chair at the camera man.

Mike Enos vs Chris Benoit

This blows my mind. How the fuck does Mike Enos get a PPV match? Something of interest is that the stage is basically what they'd use for every show in 2000. Wouldn't a Benoit vs nWo member make a lot more sense? Like, any of them. Even Virgil. They do some intense locking up. Enos beats down Benoit in the corner, even spitting on him. This is going to get nasty I feel. Snot rockets! There are only a few more bodily fluids left. More spitting. Just pull your cocks out, guys. It's cool. Don't worry about it. I'm not judging you, but your sexual chemistry is getting creepy. Just go for it. Benoit hits some chops and a lariatoo. More chops. Iron Crossface is countered into a gutwrench back breaker. Powerslam. Mike's chest is already bruised and possibly bleeding. Enos tries working some taint based offense and their sexual chemistry gets even creepier. Bear hug. How sweet. Benoit comes back with a German suplex and diving headbutt. Awful lariatoo from Enos that Benoit was clearly supposed to counter. So they just ran into each other. Suplex is countered into the Iron Crossface seconds later for the win. It's a Thunder match on PPV.

iyoAYsCTinucx.gif

Norman Smiley vs Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Norman comes out with an urn of Pepe's remains. He spreads some of the ashes out to troll Chavo, then pantomimes riding Pepe. WHAT A HEEL. Chavo knocks Norman to the floor and does a pescado. Springboard bulldog. Norman quickly gets in control. Smiley Slam! Chavo attempts a Vader Bomb. Norman gets his knees up and drops Chavo on the ropes. Double stomp. Norman is trying some kind of submission that makes no sense. I don't even know what the fuck he's trying to do, but it isn't working, so he gives it up. Chavo hits a lariatoo, but Norman comes right back with a swinging neck breaker. This match is so weird. Norman is trying to do Euro submission stuff, but Chavo doesn't know how to go with them, so they look super weird until he gives up and tries something else. Repeatedly. Superplex. Big Wiggle! Flapjack Norton. Norman puts Chavo in the Gory Special. Chavo turns this into a series of roll ups that can't put the match away. Tornado DDT is countered. Pepe in the eyes! Norman Conquest for the win. I guess this was fine. So was the last match. Neither were really PPV matches, though. Just extended Thunder matches.

iWfvhZ0UZa8nw.gif

Fit Finlay vs Van Hammer

What? This is a PPV match? At least Norman/Chavo had some build up. This and the opener are completely random. Instead of this match and the opener, they should have just given Benoit/Finlay 20 minutes to beat the shit out of each other. Fit wins with the tombstone in a straight up Thunder match.

Wrath vs Bam Bam Big Yellow

This should be an intense brawl, but I don't think Wrath can do intense for more than 3 minutes without blowing up. Bam Bam gets knocked to the floor and this is already slow paced. The pace was slow, and now it is slower. Bam Bam misses a falling headbutt. Wrath misses an elbow drop. Facebuster from Wrath. Second rope lariatoo. Stun gun from Bam Bam. This is boring as fuck. Even more boring than the Nitro match where they went to the floor 3 times and did the most half assed brawling I've seen in quite some time. They're working a long side headlock spot. What happened to these guys wanting to knock the shit out of each other? Now they're working head locks. This should have been a 5-7 minute big man sprint. I feel like Hammer/Finlay had more action and intensity. Bam Bam wins with Greetings from Asbury Park. Was that move supposed to be a tombstone, shoulder breaker, or gut buster?

Konnan vs Lex Luger

Man. This is setting up to be the most worthless PPV of all time. By worthless, I mean legitimately not worth any money. Liz came out looking hot as BALLS and sprayed Konnan with something. Torture Rack to mercy kill this pile of shit.

Saturn vs Chris Jericho Loser Wears A Dress

This is going to have to save the show. Scott Dickinson is the ref. He makes sure to be really strict on Jericho. After much stalling, Saturn hits his kick combo in the corner. Lariatoo to the back of the head. Trouble in Paradise! Kind of. Saturn mostly missed it. Springboard leg drop. Jericho comes back with a triangle dropkick and pescado. Gourdbuster on the floor. Stalling suplex. Jericho hits a big boot and senton. Saturn comes back with the gargoyle suplex and a sit out facebuster. Slingshot sends Jericho to the floor. Saturn brings Jericho back in and does a Superfly Splash. Jericho gets out of a back superplex and DVD. Saturn reverses a suplex into a small package. Scott Dickinson pushed it over and fast counts Saturn. Jericho wins and Saturn must now wear a dress for the remainder of his wrestling career. This was nothing special at all.

iH7oucOdNWn2W.gif

Kidman vs Psychosis vs Rey Mysterio Jr. vs Juventud Guerrera WCW Cruiserweight Championship

I'll just leave the gifs. There should at least be a few. Hopefully. Kidman pinned Juvi with the SSP. This was definitely match of the night so far and got a standing ovation from the crowd.

iIztWkAaZ5ec7.gif

ibcMLtR9ecWvWz.gif

i4foHw7g3QvEl.gif

iu8jgm0KDKRmN.gif

Jericho interrupted Booker doing an interview for WCW.com.

Barry Windham/Curt Hennig vs Ric Flair/David Flair

Perfect wants Arn to be taken away from ringside. Flair says Hennig better deal with it or he can go work for the WWF, which gets the biggest pop of the night. Barry wants to start out with David. David does a double leg take down and gets out of a headlock. You know what really should have tipped everyone off that David wasn't going to be a good wrestler? His rosy cheeks. How can you take a dude seriously as a wrestler with rosy cheeks like that? David gets out of a slam and hits a chop. He's already given Barry a shiner. Ric gets tagged in and chops the shit out of the heels. Is Barry in the nWo? Perfect hits the neck flip and knocks David off the apron. Barry hits the superplex. Ric kicks out. Perfect locks on the figure four. Ric makes a come back. Arn fights with Perfect on the floor, but gets sent into the guard rail. David low blows Perfect. Arn comes in and hits Perfect with a tire iron. David pins Perfect for the win! The B Team comes out and attacks. Then the Wolfpack comes out. MEGA nWo! Ric is handcuffed to the ropes. Hogan shoves David down, but David comes right after him. David is held down so Hulk can whip him with his weight belt. And he did not go easy on David at all. EZE is spray painted on David's back. Hulk probably hit David harder than anyone he ever hit with his weight belt. It was really uncomfortable with Ric screaming and crying the whole time.

iJvboVZMHHAqA.gif

i5EbwEJByQndT.gif

Scott Hall vs Goldberg Ladder Stun Gun Match

Lol, Goldberg now has a giant knee brace. As if people didn't have enough to call him an Austin rip off. Goldberg in a ladder match seems like some pretty weird booking. Hall has no answer for Goldberg's power. Feel the POWAH. Powerslam, but Goldberg's knee is giving him trouble. Hall sees his opening and goes to work. He wraps Goldberg's leg around the ring post and heads for the ladder. Goldberg follows him out there and gets the ladder himself. Baseball slide into the ladder. Hall drops an elbow from half way up the ladder. Back suplex from the first rung. Hall goes into the ladder, which also falls into him. Goldberg uses the ladder as a weapon repeatedly. I thought he got busted open, but I guess it was just weird lighting. Hall takes a bad bump into the ropes. Goldberg probably takes a worse one when Disco pushes him off the ladder. Hall gets the stun gun. He wasn't able to use it. Goldberg is bleeding on the top of his head. Goldberg zaps Disco. Goldberg tosses the stun gun in the air and spears Hall. Jackhammer. Goldberg is about to use the stun gun when the camera cuts to the entrance way waiting for Bam Bam to hit his cue. Hall is zapped. Hall then zaps Bam Bam and Goldberg and WE'RE OUTTA TIME.

ibepmRvvs7MkC6.gif

inmz13xhbVgec.gif

itqm3UvBihXl8.gif

i7HLVPHXFExOc.gif

DQ Count: 0. That blows my mind since WCW had no problem doing multiple DQs on PPVs regularly.

This show as...idk. It wasn't bad, but everything felt very flat. The only thing bad was Konnan/Lex, but nothing was PPV worthy besides the main event and cruiser match. Everything else could have been on Thunder.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I sound like a broken record but Juvi and Psicosis were SO GOOD together, a shame they hated each other. That Cruiserweight match is fucking legendary.

Edgeward

Rewatching the Summerslam 2k14 symposium and it's still fantastic. So sad it allegedly brought upon Ross retiring, no one could've stopped Flair anyway.

But watching that made me want WWE to bring back the legend roundtable discussions. Hearing old guys shoot the shit and recant old stories are the best. Put those on a DVD and my damn Ironman collection, WWE.

strobogo

Banned
I think Juvi was definitely better than Psychosis. Juvi was the best luchador after Rey. Eddie was on a different level and I don't consider him in the same group to begin with.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rewatching the Summerslam 2k14 symposium and it's still fantastic. So sad it allegedly brought upon Ross retiring, no one could've stopped Flair anyway.

But watching that made me want WWE to bring back the legend roundtable discussions. Hearing old guys shoot the shit and recant old stories are the best. Put those on a DVD and my damn Ironman collection, WWE.

I agree entirely. I want more Roundtables!

I think Juvi was definitely better than Psychosis. Juvi was the best luchador after Rey. Eddie was on a different level and I don't consider him in the same group to begin with.

Eddie was, for sure, and not a better level, just different. He was more like a Jericho to me. Juvi has amazing talent. Really amazing. Then they started finding him nude in shopping malls :/

Didn't you have a Caesar-themed McMahon avatar? Why are you biting my style, dawg?

wah

strobogo

Banned
I didn't mean Eddie was on a better level, but a different level. He was much more than a luchador. He was better than Juvi on all levels to me, though. Rey was pretty close to being on the same level as Eddie, but with much more of a traditional lucha style.

I love the Wrestling Roundtable things. Sooooooooooooooooo good. Listening to those guys and their old stories.

Why don't we get more of those WWE?

I don't give a shit about HHH and Stephs wedding.

EXCLUSIVE video interview with TRIPLE H'S OWN FATHER
-in-law Vince McMahon.
lol. :|

I love the Wrestling Roundtable things. Sooooooooooooooooo good. Listening to those guys and their old stories.

Why don't we get more of those WWE?

I don't give a shit about HHH and Stephs wedding.

EXCLUSIVE video interview with TRIPLE H'S OWN FATHER
-in-law Vince McMahon.
lol. :|

There are alot of those at least 20 of them. They are hard to see now though because they were only on On-Demand services, there were alot of them up on Youtube but they have been taken down. My favorite are the ones with Flair in them he just wont stop talking no matter what and its always about him.

Edit: I wish more divas were able to carry AJ

96HoFtT.gif

UzeHb4q.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't mean Eddie was on a better level, but a different level. He was much more than a luchador. He was better than Juvi on all levels to me, though. Rey was pretty close to being on the same level as Eddie, but with much more of a traditional lucha style.

I figured as much, we're on the...same level of thinking here. Just different. Eddie could work lucha but he ended up with a hybrid style, tons of influence with Malenko and Jericho and the others. Lots of learning and finding out what worked best for them.

Man, Juvi was so good. I still enjoyed that horrible promo where he called everyone fags and said "juicy juice" like 50 times. So insane.

strobogo

Banned
I also want more Roundtables, but only if Michael Hayes isn't on them. Dude would always hijack the conversations to talk about himself or just hog the discussion in general.

My ideal panel is Gene as moderator, JR, Pat Patterson, Dusty Rhodes, and an rotating spot for a guest based on subject matter.

Raw64life

-AJ Lee (c) vs. Cameron. AJ retained her WWE Divas Championship by hitting a flying knee on The Funkadactyl member. AJ also supposedly debuted a new sidekick, although we don't have much more details than that.

Apparently a new Diva debuts on Smackdown but the person writing the spoilers has no idea who she is. Could just be Tamina for all we know.

I was a huge fan of Juvi in WCW. Even in the early lolUltimate Dragon? days when he was just a miscellaneous Luchador who Zbyszko would call Hooventood Guerrero, must be Eddie's cousin.

My friend would wonder why I was so into Juvi. I would go him on WCW Revenge. The 450 blew my mind. I hated Jericho cause he took his mask then, though now I appreciate how good it was lol.

The fact that Juvi was just insane makes him even cooler. DAH JUICE BECAUSE ARE DAH BEST IN DA WORLD!

Rey/Juvi vs La Parka and Psychosis is one of my all time non-Sting-related favourite Nitro moments.

Top Bottom