• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

iUdFZVgCHe9mZ.jpg

Well, this should be fun. Hoping for Steen vs Alexander.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cena got around a lot outside of the company (ring rats and all that), Punk tends to pursue co-workers.

If your whole life is working, who else to go for, but one of those. It's not like you'll meet many people outside of wrestling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let me put it to you like this. "Football" is a game even children can play.

Let me put it to you like this. "Football" is a game even children can play.

Because it isn't a collision sport. Because you don't require a ton of equipment solely designed to prevent injuries that would almost certainly occur without said equipment. How is this a bad thing?

Anyways, fuck this argument. I'm out before I get too salty with what is officially the most tiresome of all American stereotypes.

Watching the World Cup was the best sporting event I have been a part off. The passion, it was amazing. German bars, British bars, Irish pubs, everything. I loved it. I can't wait for the World Cup.

strobogo

Banned
All sports are lame. Egotistical bullshit dick measuring contests for guys who were too dumb to be poker players and to much of a pussy to work in factories doing manual labor.

I really wish Sheamus had better material to work with than the crap that Creative gives him. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and he's awesome in the ring.

Kaladin

Say what you will about Sunflower (I know I already do), but he didn't cry like Big Show when mods came into one of his threads. You did more crying than PopGAF did when their thread got nuked...again.

As much as it pains me to do this...

*shakes Sunflower's hand*

You always were a B+ player, Beef. ;)

gurudyne

I really wish Sheamus had better material to work with than the crap that Creative gives him. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and he's awesome in the ring.

Wow, Beef said something I agree with. Miracle of miracles.

Sheamus is arguably one of the most underutilized guys on the roster. Man's got a following, can wrestle with charisma, but seeing him on the screen is unbearable more often than not.

Kaladin

Sheamus is being groomed to be Cena 2.0.....and he's a Triple H Guy.....and they've already got a history with him and Bryan to play off of.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
AJ has that crush look. We know Punk isn't funny.

Punk: Hey AJ look at that toolbox

http://31.media.tumblr.com/009dd12606e57c1d3afe04e3da3b5ad8/tumblr_mtpe4h7y8G1rpw70to1_1280.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]
I think it's obvious that AJ has been sucking off Punk for a while now.

Sokantish

Man, you people are weird when it comes to AJ

Sheamus is being groomed to be Cena 2.0.....and he's a Triple H Guy.....and they've already got a history with him and Bryan to play off of.
So you're saying Sheamus is gonna be the new face of the WWE! Wait, when is he suppose to come back from injury, anyway?

Kaladin

So you're saying Sheamus is gonna be the new face of the WWE! Wait, when is he suppose to come back from injury, anyway?

I don't know if he'll be the face of the WWE. I don't know if Triple H will go the kid friendly muscle-bound face route that Vince always went with, but he'll def be the guy they push as the superstar that kids should look up to.

Also, if I saw AJ in public without CM Punk, or another wrestler, I don't think I would believe her if she told me she was AJ Lee. She doesn't look like a wrestler...and she doesn't look like her wrestling persona in public....she's as different as she can be.

Sokantish

I mostly was talking about the story going on right now. How they are saying maybe Orton really shouldn't be the face, who's HHH gonna set up to replace him?! Actually I didn't watch this week's RAW so maybe they're over that already. I should go back and watch it

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Because it isn't a collision sport. Because you don't require a ton of equipment solely designed to prevent injuries that would almost certainly occur without said equipment. How is this a bad thing?

Anyways, fuck this argument. I'm out before I get too salty with what is officially the most tiresome of all American stereotypes.

I meant conceptually, a child can play it and understand the 'beautiful' game. It's not impressive. Kids can also play checkers and hopscotch.

I'm not saying it sucks because it's not full contact - that's ridiculous. Or even Ghost Contact (thanks for bringing flops to the NBA btw) but it's just a simple game without depth. A seven year old can play just as good as a 30 year veteran. There's no progression.

American Football is more like a chess match. Tactics, real team tactics - that impresses me. Football theory isn't something a seven year old can understand, but kick the bally ball into the goalie goal is pretty low concept.

Have your flops improved or are they worse now? Genuine question, this isn't me poking you like Abdullah does Brody.

somedevil

I don't know if he'll be the face of the WWE. I don't know if Triple H will go the kid friendly muscle-bound face route that Vince always went with, but he'll def be the guy they push as the superstar that kids should look up to.

Also, if I saw AJ in public without CM Punk, or another wrestler, I don't think I would believe her if she told me she was AJ Lee. She doesn't look like a wrestler...and she doesn't look like her wrestling persona in public....she's as different as she can be.

Well the talk about Sheamus right now is:

There has been some talk of having Sheamus return as a heel.

Its the best idea because the lasting image of him was getting booed by the crowd when John Cena asking if he should be his Summerslam opponent.

Also, an interesting tweet from WWE. It looks like Kane most likely is coming back again.

https://twitter.com/WWE/statuses/382973146392821760

Sokantish

I meant conceptually, a child can play it and understand the 'beautiful' game. It's not impressive. Kids can also play checkers and hopscotch.

I'm not saying it sucks because it's not full contact - that's ridiculous. Or even Ghost Contact (thanks for bringing flops to the NBA btw) but it's just a simple game without depth. A seven year old can play just as good as a 30 year veteran. There's no progression.

American Football is more like a chess match. Tactics, real team tactics - that impresses me. Football theory isn't something a seven year old can understand, but kick the bally ball into the goalie goal is pretty low concept.

Have your flops improved or are they worse now? Genuine question, this isn't me poking you like Abdullah does Brody.

Haven't you heard of pee wee football? Like 7 year old kids playing american football

Look what you made me do... stick up for soccer. GROSS

Top Bottom