• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A-Team had Boy George on an episode

nice try guys.

xoeCnEa.jpg

A-Team had Boy George on an episode

nice try guys.

Passing incorrect judgement on a criminal is an automatic fail.
Losing or having your primary weapon taken from you is an automatic fail.
Having Boy George on an episode of your TV show...is not only an assessment fail, it's a crime

/DREDD

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Passing incorrect judgement on a criminal is an automatic fail.
Losing or having your primary weapon taken from you is an automatic fail.
Having Boy George on an episode of your TV show...is not only an assessment fail, it's a crime

/DREDD

Boy George and Judge Dredd have more in common than you know.

DiM9Zp6.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whats with all this 80s love with no mentions of Crockett and/or Tubbs? Pastel Suits 4 Life.

I don't know if its just me, but I can't see any of your Dropbox .gifs.

It's not just you, I can't see it either. Assumed it was malenkostare.gif

Does anyone else hate Mo from the Steve Austin Podcast? I hate him so much that I smashed my phone after dropping it while trying to skip past him talking. I hate him even more now.
I also hate how much they shill for these bullshit supplements.

strobogo

Banned
WCW Thunder 9/17/98

The Four Horsemen are back! And tonight, Arn Anderson will face Eric Bischoff in an arm wrestling contest with his damaged arm for the right for Ric Flair to wrestle again. Scott Hall got sloppy drunk and threw up on Bischoff and a camera while both sides of the nWo tried to help him.

Bobby Eaton vs Wrath

I'm happy to see Bobby, but not happy that it is in a squash match. Wrath does his flying lariatoo, but it was a straight up top rope flying punch to the face. Meltdown for the easy win. Bobby didn't even get any offense. Not even a great punch.

ibn99RAnLKHcgF.gif

A bit of a Flair retrospective plays.

Mike Enos vs Lenny Lane

Lol, Thunder. Enos wins with an inverted whirly bird.

i5obInQ73VzxX.gif

TO THE MEAN GENE. We're back to the random place in front of a fake live crowd. Buff and Steiner are the guests. Scotty proved he was the bigger, stronger, better Steiner brother. He's going to prove it again at Halloween Havoc.

We're shown Jericho calling out Goldberg and defeating MiniBerg at Fall Brawl. Then to another Flair video.

Vincent vs Steve Armstrong

God damn, you know it is a jobber show when Virgil is getting a match. And is likely to win since the Armstrongs are a family of jobbers. Virgil doing shitty lariatoos off the apron, double axe handles, Japanese arm drags. What is going on? Why on earth did WCW not only hire Virgil, but kept him basically until the end? Virgil wins with a Fujiwara arm bar. Maniacal laughter again plays. Probably the universe laughing at the idea of Virgil winning a match.

iosO3p4sMn3Nd.gif

Recap of Cat's recent ego issues.

The Cat vs Rick Fuller

Cat gives Fuller the chance to leave and attacks when he doesn't take it. It goes to the floor where Fuller rams Cat into the post while doing a bear hug. Cat comes back by throwing him into the steps. Back in the ring, Cat works over the arm. Fuller hits the heart slap. What a pussy. Couldn't even do the heart punch. Cat hits the top rope Feliner for the win. Can't tell if it hit or not, since they've learned to change the angle in the event that he completely misses.

Another Flair video.

Curt Hennig vs Norman Smiley

Rick Rude isn't out there, so maybe there will be an actual finish for a Hennig match. They actually do some wrestling on this wrestling show. Norman gets the better of the exchange. Hennig bails to the floor. He comes back in and starts working over the knee. Hennig wins with the Perfect Plex. Shouldn't he work over the back? Working the leg really don't do much for his offense or finishing move.

Another Flair video.

Scott Hall/Stevie Ray vs Kevin Nash/Konnan

Kind of surprising to have Hall on TV the next show after what happened on Nitro. I mean, if Bischoff had to come out and force the show to commercial to get the cameras off of him, why would he be okay with Hall back on Thunder drinking 2 nights later? Hall trips starting the match. Stevie won't let Hall start the match. After a terrible opening stretch, Hall tags in and falls while doing an abdominal stretch. Nash is just staring at Hall. Hall is counted out as Stevie and Virgil argue with him on the floor about his problem. Well, Stevie was mad about it. Virgil was giving Hall more drinks. The fuck.

More Flair videos, including almost the entire Horsemen segment from Nitro.

Arn Anderson vs Eric Bischoff Arm Wrestling Contest

This is for Flair's right to resume wrestling for WCW. And it will also be contested with Arn's nerve damaged arm. Dean is with Arn. Buff is with Bischoff. Bischoff SWERVES Arn and says this match is actually with Buff. Buff instantly wins since Arn can't even grip. And that's the end of the show.

Man, back to zero effort. I mean, fucking VIRGIL HAD A MATCH AND WON.

I'll try to figure out the Dropbox issue.

krae_man

I'm still tired and sick from PAX and I just remembered I have a wrestling show to go to on Monday.

So TO WrassleGAF. Do we still want to meetup?

birdman

Does anyone else hate Mo from the Steve Austin Podcast? I hate him so much that I smashed my phone after dropping it while trying to skip past him talking. I hate him even more now.

Yeah, the shilling is really irritating. I tried listening to 2 different podcasts and just couldn't get past it.

jred2k

I'm still tired and sick from PAX and I just remembered I have a wrestling show to go to on Monday.

So TO WrassleGAF. Do we still want to meetup?

I'm still down. I've seen two or three other people mention they will be going. I'm not from TO so I've got no idea what a good meet up spot would be.

krae_man

Well now that Raw is 3 hours long the doors open at 6:30pm. There isn't much time to meetup other then hanging outside the ACC for a bit while waiting to go in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I hate it too. A lot.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Is the Sting match a non title match now? Since I am assuming that the newly botox filled Hulkster fucked up last week when calling it a title match.

jred2k

Is the Sting match a non title match now? Since I am assuming that the newly botox filled Hulkster fucked up last week when calling it a title match.

Hogan botched all over that promo. He also said "this week" because he forgot they are taping back-to-back. He also said "Aces of Eights".

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Hogan botched all over that promo. He also said "this week" because he forgot they are taping back-to-back. He also said "Aces of Eights".

Have you ever body slammed a 176,000 pound man in front of 2 billion screaming hulkamaniacs brother jack dude? Didn't think so. Hogan nailed his segment, just like he nails everything else. Ask Bubba the Love Sponge.

jred2k

Have you ever body slammed a 176,000 pound man in front of 2 billion screaming hulkamaniacs brother jack dude? Didn't think so. Hogan nailed his segment, just like he nails everything else. Ask Bubba the Love Sponge.

Didn't he have to change his name to Bully the Love Scouring Pad?

somedevil

I don't want TNA to go out of business even though that would mean another death of book by rg reynolds and bryan alvarez. Competition is always good but right now the company is kinda in a mess right now.

Its also sad that Impact gets the same amount of viewers as Main Event on Ion.

Toki767

I don't want TNA to go out of business even though that would mean another death of book by rg reynolds and bryan alvarez. Competition is always good but right now the company is kinda in a mess right now.

Sting and Hogan's salary for a year could probably pay for the entire roster's salary + road expenses combined.

If they go under they deserve it from the poor management.

Ithil

Both guys are currently writing an updated version of Death of WCW that has new information on the WCW timeline, and also everything that's happened since 2004 (when it was published first). Alvarez says he's included a bonus TNA chapter that recaps some of its stupidest moments and how similar it is to WCW in the way its run.

somedevil

Both guys are currently writing an updated version of Death of WCW that has new information on the WCW timeline, and also everything that's happened since 2004 (when it was published first). Alvarez says he's included a bonus TNA chapter that recaps some of its stupidest moments and how similar it is to WCW in the way its run.

Great, though that bonus chapter can be as long as the revised version of the death of WCW.

Basically I see Impact as WCW 99 right now which is the improvement of WCW 2000 when Russo was writing. Also, Aces and eights has being going on for 15 months now. It started with Sting getting attacked on 6/14/12 by guys who never were in the group. Its funny how Aces and Eights started with tons of members in the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebxhF0ytTNg

Top Bottom