• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

strobogo

Banned
Crush%20slip.gif

Does this show up for anyone else?

strobogo

Banned
He was left for dead in the desert twice. Once by the nWo and once by the Filthy Animals. The nWo one was the best because it went on for like 25 minutes and had multiple helicopters covering it. And then when Flair showed back up at the end of the show, the announcers and live audience hadn't seen any of the footage, so they had no idea why Flair was stumbling back with his clothes torn up and looking drunk. I think Brain even suggested he was drunk, too.

He was left for dead in the desert twice. Once by the nWo and once by the Filthy Animals. The nWo one was the best because it went on for like 25 minutes and had multiple helicopters covering it. And then when Flair showed back up at the end of the show, the announcers and live audience hadn't seen any of the footage, so they had no idea why Flair was stumbling back with his clothes torn up and looking drunk. I think Brain even suggested he was drunk, too.

Bwahahahahahaha

That is amazing. Such good times. I remember watching that episode with my best friend and we were in shock the whole time how far they went with the Hummers and such. How long the segment was.

Simply amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I watched that shit live.

The desert segment NEVER ENDED. So bad.

I watched that shit live.

The desert segment NEVER ENDED. So bad.

Now you know how I feel about that FUCKING STONE COLD ET SEGMENT

DSFLSDFDSLFDS"G:LKASFSDLSDS *dead*

And we had to tear down the entranceway/lights and drive 2 hours back to Philly after, then I had to drive an hour to get home!

tldr; I got home at 5 in the morning because some dumbass doesn't know how to talk into a microphone live with a mask on

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In the stretch of a few months Ric Flair is beaten nearly to death once in a field and once in a desert. Another time he is abandoned in a desert and I'm pretty sure remains there unmentioned on TV for a month or two.

strobogo

Banned
"Is he smashed?" How could the announcers not be shown or told what was going on? They didn't notice a 10 minute gap in the show where nothing happened in front of the live crowd?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
wasn't there a bit in one of the Observers on how WWE wanted to make GnP a finish in matches?

Aaaaaages ago when they put MMA gloves on Taker I think they wanted to. I can't remember. Dark times...

somedevil

Well they just updated with more episodes to be on the 20 greatest episodes of raw uncut which include Benoit:

February 24, 1997 – The Original ECW Invasion

Highlights from this episode include: Stevie Richards vs. Little Guido, D-Von Dudley vs. Tommy Dreamer, The Legion of Doom vs. The Headbangers and The Undertaker vs. Farooq.

April 13, 1998 – Dude Love interrupts Stone Cold and Mr. McMahon

Highlights from this show include: Skull & 8-Ball vs. Savio Vega & Jose Estrada Jr; Billy Gunn vs. Owen Hart and of course the night long build to Austin vs. McMahon

March 26, 2001 – The Raw & Nitro Simulcast

Highlights from this episode include: Chris Benoit & The Hardys vs. Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian; “Chris Jeri-Doink” and The Rock & Steve Austin vs. Undertaker & Kane

October 3, 2005 – Homecoming

Highlights from this show include: Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle (Iron Man Match); Edge vs. Matt Hardy (Loser Leaves Raw MITB Ladder Match) and John Cena vs. Eric Bischoff

The first ever Raw (January 11, 1993), the original DX Invasion (April 27, 1998) and Bret Hart’s return to WWE (January 4, 2010).

http://www.wrestlingdvdnews.com/huge-news-wwe-raw-dvd-box-set-episodes/50329/

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, Gaming side is really the worst now. 'IGN has a GTA preview? time for me to post about how bribed it is!'

Of course, if it's a Japanese developer or Naughty Dog. 'They earned those good previews. Da based nippon-chan!'

Man, Gaming side is really the worst now. 'IGN has a GTA preview? time for me to post about how bribed it is!'

Of course, if it's a Japanese developer or Naughty Dog. 'They earned those good previews. Da based nippon-chan!'

Gaming side is always the worst.

I hate how all the MH4 topics are full of port begging or people expecting the game to under-perform.

Or worst, the graphics elitists.

of course. Gaming Side is all about uguuuuuuuu~

Aiii

So not worth it
The insane amounts of hatred people have for Watch Dogs on gaming side is enough to turn me away there tbh. That game looks like a lot of fun, but since it's not the exact game they expected it is already absolute dog shit apparently

I'm hyped for GTAV and Watch Dogs. Right now, I'm all about FFXIV and fucking around with my GTX 780. I need to start doing some downsampling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
of course. Gaming Side is all about uguuuuuuuu~

Literally the only major message board(not counting like FF fan forums) that think Nomura is some kind of gaming genius programmer.
I'm hyped for GTAV and Watch Dogs. Right now, I'm all about FFXIV and fucking around with my GTX 780. I need to start doing some downsampling.

Puppeteer and Kingdom Hearts then Wonderfulf 101, GTA and WW HD are what I'm most hyped for. But GTA's like way above everything else.,

G-Fex

Mighty No. 9 kickstarter thread made me sick

I must be out of the loop, I thought people were looking forward to Watch Dogs, or was that just back when there was that first trailer showing bugger all really but it might have been next gen so everyone was getting overly excited over a dudes coat billowing in the wind as he walked down a street? my how times have apparently changed.

G-Fex

I must be out of the loop, I thought people were looking forward to Watch Dogs, or was that just back when there was that first trailer showing bugger all really but it might have been next gen so everyone was getting overly excited over a dudes coat billowing in the wind as he walked down a street? my how times have apparently changed.

Watch Dogs? Pfffft come on owl

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Holy shit I completely forgot CW Anderson was in new ECW
tumblr_mso91ep9qa1scllemo1_500.jpg

'No one should be excited about any games'

Man God

Non-Canon Member
GTA IV was very disappointing compared to the hype, and nowhere near as good as earlier games in the series. The reviews and previews talked it up like Schiavone in WCW 1999-2000 how this is the greatest Nitro in the history of forever.

Wasn't a bad game and its expansions did live up to the initial promise. V should be a lot better but I'm not shocked at all that people have some apprehension about the previews after they learned some of the scummy things Rockstar does to get such glowing praise.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What do you expect, it is a mob mentality over there. Just random hate everywhere.

Unless it's about Final Fantasy Versus.
Because... you know ... that last one was so good. And that new one totally didn't show off constant corridors.
GTA IV was very disappointing compared to the hype, and nowhere near as good as earlier games in the series. The reviews and previews talked it up like Schiavone in WCW 1999-2000 how this is the greatest Nitro in the history of forever.

Wasn't a bad game and its expansions did live up to the initial promise. V should be a lot better but I'm not shocked at all that people have some apprehension about the previews after they learned some of the scummy things Rockstar does to get such glowing praise.

I wonder if people think Rockstar is the only one who does these 'scummy things.' I wonder how badly it would rock their world if I told them Sony did the same things.

Showaddy

To be fair a lot of people just remember GTA IV, that got amazing previews and near perfect reviews. The actual game though...yeah.

IGN have a history of hyping up games when their on a payroll as well, a little cynicism is to be expected.

G-Fex

I'm speaking more along the lines of various "hype" threads like the IGN/GTA stuff. Seriously, who cares. Let them report and let people be excited.

oh nooooooooooooooo

lol. I'm the same way with the the mtn dew/doritos stuff.

"OH NOES THEYRE MAKING MONIES , GAMES SOLD OUT!"

Vidya games are all about selling out guys lol.

Kappa

To be fair a lot of people just remember GTA IV, that got amazing previews and near perfect reviews. The actual game though...yeah.

IGN have a history of hyping up games when their on a payroll as well, a little cynicism is to be expected.

I thought a lot of people loved IV though, nobody shut up about it for a long time. "Blah blah blah Oscar scriptwriting" all the cousin jokes, etc.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Normally I'm not one to defend gaming side but they're 100% right here to be totally skeptical.

GTA4 was a piece of shit. God awful. One of the most disappointing games I've ever played in my life.

I myself enjoyed IV and found it to be quite fun and I don't doubt the payroll at all. It comes down to the person. If you liked GTAIV, then IGN was spot on. If you didn't, then IGN are assholes.

lol. I'm the same way with the the mtn dew/doritos stuff.

"OH NOES THEYRE MAKING MONIES , GAMES SOLD OUT!"

Vidya games are all about selling out guys lol.

Kappa

Agreed. I find it funny and hilarious but in the end, I really don't care. People getting riled up about it that much is something else. That being said, look at our reactions when something happens in wrestling in which we do not think should have happened :p

It is more of a spur of the moment situation for me but once I'm over it, I'm over it.

My biggest annoyance with gaming side? Those "worst games ever played" threads. GTA? MGS? Seriously? Those are the worst games you have ever played? gtfo.

strobogo

Banned
I'm looking forward to MGS5 more than anything. GTA 5 right after it. After that, I have no idea. I haven't kept up in games for quite a while. I didn't even know Saint's Row 4 just came out or was even being worked on until I saw a post in here about it. I guess WWE 2K14, but only because I can't seem to skip them every year. I usually enjoy them for the first 2-3 months and then rarely touch them afterwards. I'm thinking this year is going to be a restart Gamefly and play through the WM mode, then send it back and watch what Sunny does with it.

Top Bottom