• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think Lita said that Edge was like weirdly needy after they broke up. Like he constantly wanted to get back together or some beta shit.

alright, come the fuck on WWE

if you get DDT'd on cement you better be laying in the ring unconscious for 10 minutes after the guy struggles to carry you back in for the pinfall

gotta overcome dem odds doe

Every variation of the DDT is a mid-tier move now, even something that would legit concuss someone if they took it the wrong way. Taking a DDT on concrete isn't a spot that everyone does, but a superstar who takes that spot nowadays sells it like death until someone puts hands on them again - then they're just slightly winded. It's annoying, but when you're one of the top guys you get to do bullshit like that.

I think Lita said that Edge was like weirdly needy after they broke up. Like he constantly wanted to get back together or some beta shit.

I kind of wish I didn't know that. But I can see it. Edge strikes me as a compulsive type of person.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like it when people take back the DDT as a finishing move.

It's a damn fine finisher that was ruined when everyone started busting them out mid match. It's the pro version of how the Indy's are trying to ruin the Superkick, only it happened twenty years ago.

I like it when people take back the DDT as a finishing move.

It's a damn fine finisher that was ruined when everyone started busting them out mid match. It's the pro version of how the Indy's are trying to ruin the Superkick, only it happened twenty years ago.

Agreed, although I'd like it even more if someone other than Drew McIntyre was trying to bring it back.

sd1a.gif

torrie is so fine

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda thinking about staying up and ordering W-1.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I seriously wish I could, feeling the Z's coming on, but with some of the rumored names it should be at least decent.

Names are the biggest thing it's lacking for me. Ah, who am I kidding. Sleep time...soon.

strobogo

Banned
The DDT can make a come back as a legit finisher. All it takes is one guy of a high enough stature to really spike a few people and leave them laying. Orton could really turn his rope hang DDT into something akin to the punt within a few weeks. I don't think it should be one of his random moves. It should be a death move for him, kind of like it was in 2004.

I've discovered I really love industrial music. I've been listening to a TON of NIN lately, and now I'm starting to branch out into Trent's influences. I'm currently going through Skinny Puppy's discography on Spotify. As a musician, I think I'm more drawn to that style of music and production than the GNR side of things. My dream is basically NIN tracks with GNR melodies and solos. I don't have the talent for either of those, though. I really, really wish Trent and Axl had collaborated at some point. I know Axl was super into Trent and NIN. I wish Trent had produced Chinese Democracy. Fuck, that could have been one of the most interesting and amazing records. Brain, Robin, Bucket, Tommy, Bumble, Axl, and Trent. Gives me music boners.

Finally got around to watching Impact, and lo, it was mediocre as usual. Sabin is totally in the wrong, maybe they're setting up for a heel turn. If not, dude would have totally derailed, if he had any momentum to lose. Just lol at the 20 point gauntlet because AJ didn't have enough points, and wtf at nothing coming from the Jay Bradley thing. And another semi-lol at a guy who didn't make the final 4 getting a title shot anyway

At least the finals should be pretty fun. AJ/Aries was great the first time, maybe now it'll have a good finish

Great first half to the Wrestle-1 show! The production values are pretty good, much better than All Japan's and comparable to Dragon Gate, and the wrestling's been nice and varied so far. Here's the mystery opponents we've had;

01. Hiroshi Yamato & Daiki Inaba vs
NOSAWA Rongai
&
MAZADA
02. Ryota Hama & Yasufumi Nakanoue vs
Ryouji Sai
&
Kohei Sato
Yoshiko
vs
Mayu Iwatani
04. Minoru Tanaka &
Koji Kanemoto
vs
Fujita 'Jr' Hayato
&
Masaaki Mochizuki
05. Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo vs
Daisuke Sekimoto
&
Yuji Okabayashi

Matches 4 & 5 were both great, well worth checking out.

*edit, holy fucking shit;

06. Masakatsu Funaki & Masayuki Kono vs
Kazushi Sakuraba
&
Katsuyori Shibata

My god, Muto is such a fucking troll, lol.

Puts on an excellent show, gives us this man in the main event;

ib0bdA4HGj7ooe.gif

Ah well, the main event was fun at least. Not good, but fun. A great show otherwise, though. Well worth checking out and an excellent debut for W-1.

Oh, unfortunately the ramifications of their TNA partnership are already manifesting themselves - on October 6th at Korakuen Hall, Jeff Jarrett makes his W-1 debut.

how about... no?

he's a piss poor worker whose good matches have come via carrying by better workers (Lesnar, Punk, Bryan, Edge, Orton, etc).

when you say

makes me question what kind of wrestling have you been watching.

i guess it's the consequence of the lowered standards nowadays.

I'd say that's a little unfair, its no coincidence that he is in a lot of great matches at big events, hell the summer of punk match punk was really sloppy in and if anything Cena carried him in that

His raw matches are very generic but he is more than capable of pulling out a great match

Striker

Powerbomb needs to make a comeback as a finisher
Remember when Randy Orton was doing that for a good two weeks? Or somewhere in that timeframe. It was funny. And I thought I heard somewhere it's a move they don't necessarily want the wrestlers to do.

There's lots of shitty finishers these days. At least how terribly painless they look when somebody does them. Looking at you Ryback and Cener.

Jamie OD

Remember when Randy Orton was doing that for a good two weeks? Or somewhere in that timeframe. It was funny. And I thought I heard somewhere it's a move they don't necessarily want the wrestlers to do.

There's lots of shitty finishers these days. At least how terribly painless they look when somebody does them. Looking at you Ryback and Cener.

Orton only did Power Bombs through tables because he was going into a table match and had no other moves suitable for winning that kind of match.

I've no problem with Cena's and Ryback's finishers. At least those show strength. When Scott Hall was on Austin's podcast he talked about how he came up with the Razor's Edge. One thing he noticed was fans at the time reacted to wrestlers being lifted high up into the air so that helped inspire him to carry his opponent over his head. That sort of thinking is missing from a lot of guys nowadays.

I hate the Spinning Facebusters and ZigZags though. First one is just generic as hell while the second always looks like it hurts the user more than the victim. But it's a popular choice because you can use it out of nowhere like the RKO.

GolazoDan

I like the Zig Zag as a finisher because Dolph makes it look cool. I mean he is taking as much of (if not more of) a bump as the recipient but eh, it's wrestling. Sting's been taking back bumps on his finisher for the past 500 years.

Finishers do kinda suck though these days, although with that said "these days" probably goes back like 10 years or more. Everybody uses a variation of the downward spiral when they come in now whereas back then it was the Roll of the Dice (but now Cody's locked that shit down).

Marvel

could never
My personal favorite finish right now is Gail Kims Eat da feet.

Xavier Woods does it too on NXT. It's a really nice move.

Striker

Orton only did Power Bombs through tables because he was going into a table match and had no other moves suitable for winning that kind of match.
Vertical suplex, back suplex, flapjack, lots of moves can work. Just the random appearance of the powerbomb for him was odd. Same goes for him randomly starting to use the Olympic Slam or the Lou Thesz Press.

Also think Ryback's Meathook clothesline looks more powerful than his Shellshock, at least it use to. I haven't seen many of his matches as of late. When he does it to larger guys it's more impressive, but otherwise, meh.

bart jr

Neo Member
For the few of you that follow CZW, I attended their iPPV last night in Dayton! Before this event the last thing I saw of CZW was Tournament of Death, which was...hard to sit through. I bought ringside seats for this, I just couldn't pass up the chance to see Tommy Dreamer wrestle live once more(although well past his prime), and see AR Fox and Biff Busick.

I should be easy to catch on the iPPV. I'm sitting in the far right corner of the hard camera wearing a longsleeve button-up shirt. My buddy sitting next to me is the guy who hands Tommy Dreamer the trash can during his match. If any of you guys check it out, let me know what you think! I'm interested in knowing it if turned out as fun on film as it did in person. The matches of the night, imo, were Dave Crist vs. Biff Busick, Shane Strickland and AR Fox vs. Alex Colon and Andrew Everett, and the Barbwire match of Jake Crist vs. DJ Hyde.

Rybacks clothesline is pretty good. It has impact. Wish he'd develop a few more while working on his athleticism.

Bye, did Goldberg ever have a match with Big Show/Giant?

I always thought that Spear-Jackhammer combo of Goldberg was so impressive when I was a kid. Shit got me hype.

That's partly why I thought Edge doing the spear was dumb. You expect me to believe this 200-pound dude is taking out Big Show with that shit? Come on. Plus, it ruined his fuckin' neck and ended his career, so yeah, dumb stuff Edge. Edge had like half a dozen finishers though, Downward Spiral, the sharpshooter thing, the impaler ddt, spear. Never quite got anything over well.

My god, Muto is such a fucking troll, lol.

Puts on an excellent show, gives us this man in the main event;

ib0bdA4HGj7ooe.gif

Ah well, the main event was fun at least. Not good, but fun. A great show otherwise, though. Well worth checking out and an excellent debut for W-1.

Oh, unfortunately the ramifications of their TNA partnership are already manifesting themselves - on October 6th at Korakuen Hall, Jeff Jarrett makes his W-1 debut.

Match of the night had to be the Laughter7 tag I assume? Card looks really solid, and the Main Event would probably be fun given how long it went, can't wait to watch it.

Also, Jarrett wrestling? Last match I saw him in was in AAA last year.

The amount of Cena praise in the earlier discussion makes me sick.

He's a bum. I refuse to be swayed from this opinion. Terrible promos, terrible technique, terrible terribleness. I don't care how many times he's carried to good matches by better opponents, he'll forever be a bum. The real Cena got replaced in 2005 by an army of android clones that never received the Personality & Technique firmware update.

As much as I think this Bryan story has potential.

Vince and hunter Turing the back on Cena and proclaiming randy Orton the face would be amazing.

Orton doing make a wishes , TV shows , etc.

We would get anti- hero cena

Sokantish

The amount of Cena praise in the earlier discussion makes me sick.

He's a bum. I refuse to be swayed from this opinion. Terrible promos, terrible technique, terrible terribleness. I don't care how many times he's carried to good matches by better opponents, he'll forever be a bum. The real Cena got replaced in 2005 by an army of android clones that never received the Personality & Technique firmware update.

They're all a bunch of Professor Beefs!

Top Bottom