• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

There's a guy in the UK called Martin Kirby, he's pretty decent but every strike he calls out 'YIP' not sure how intentional it is but now the crowd yip along with him

He also gets 'kirbys dreamland' chants

Is anyone else not excited about Dustin/Orton tomorrow night? It's like my second favorite thing to happen on TV this year I think and it hasn't happened yet.

Jeff Albertson said:
There's a guy in the UK called Martin Kirby, he's pretty decent but every strike he calls out 'YIP' not sure how intentional it is but now the crowd yip along with him

He also gets 'kirbys dreamland' chants

Lol, he gets Crystal Maze chants in Progress, due to looking somewhat like Richard O'Brien.

Best thing Kirby does is the Zoidberg elbow, complete with the whoop. I'm pretty sure it's a tribute to Gran Naniwa's crab walk elbow;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thbx2oamHPQ

Kaladin

A BestofOrlando.com article about planned construction work at Universal Citiwalk in Orlando, Florida noted that the current NBA City restaurant has been rumored to close to make way for a physical WWE Hall of Fame as well as a potential wrestling-themed restaurant.

That location has been rumored for several months, although WWE has downplayed the idea. The Citiwalk location would put WWE in the middle of Universal property and all the foot traffic that comes with it, placed in between the Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure theme parks.

It could be entirely possible that they are planning for that location but want to tie it in to a larger announcement, such as Orlando hosting Wrestlemania again, but nothing is for certain.

Even if they wanted to and it was open, TNA can't go back to the Impact Zone now.

amitaiwinehouse

Neo Member
I might be wrong but I think anyone who thinks the WWE isn't backing Bryan is utterly delusional and is actually buying into the storyline on the level the WWE is trying to trick you into buying it on. The whole beat down thing is to make it look all the bigger when he overcomes. Also, you don't bury someone by making them the biggest face in the company.

EDIT: Sorry if that seems out of the blue, but I'm a bit of a lurker and that perspective has been annoying me recently.

wcw1998.tumblr.com

Man, I can't believe they didn't try to give this a week of build. The worst thing about WCW main events is that when they DO put one on you want to see, it's always short with no finish and leaves you wanting more. But then they never give it to you. They're they ultimate blue ballers. It makes sense to do a 5 minute non finish match on Nitro and then have the real match at the PPV. But usually they do the same thing on PPV or just don't have the match again.

Which is exactly what happens at HH98 Hart vs Sting, a match that sounds awesome, and is a 8 minute Nitro garbage match with a non-finish.

Bret Hart straight not giving a FUCK anymore, give me my money

BTrf277CcAAPPpL.jpg

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONNIE GOT SLAMMED BY THE FREIGHT TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GREATEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
WrestleCon's 5 Dollar Wrestling was quite fun. Very low key stuff, Manning and co were super simple to work with, etc etc.

...though someone may have caused a power issue with the projector early on

It actually wasn't me!

His Manscout gimmick is the second best gimmick of all time behind the Goobledy Gooker.
19901228_gooker_fink.jpg

Next week Beyond Wrestling returns to Providence! Here's the card Biff/Gulak vs Edwards/Strong and Steen vs Dickinson have crazy levels of potential, I'll definitely put up a few live posts when Im there for the other 3 dudes here who follow the indies. :p

Also, Guard Bird.

Just watched Survivor Series 1998 again after someone here had mentioned it a few days ago. Had a lot of fun explaining Vince Russo's convoluted storylines to my girlfriend. As asinine as they were, they just somehow worked in the WWF.

One thing we could never figure out: why would Shane McMahon sign Steve Austin to an iron-clad 5-year contract if he was just going to turn on him a few weeks later?

Also, that triple threat tag match for the titles was one of the worst matches I have ever seen. Mark Henry was fucking terrible back then. Somebody obviously fucked up the finish because there were two spots in the end of the match where there's an obvious cover and referee Tim White just lays there watching for a few seconds before he counts, waiting for someone to get in position to break it up. Billy Gunn looked fucking pissed after the match and Jim Ross let us all know the match sucked shit too.

A few more things:

-- Did Ken Shamrock know that The Rock was in on it? Why was he not pissed that the Bossman intentionally fucked him over in the tournament?

-- What would have happened if Mankind had ended up beating The Rock? There were a ton of really close, false finishes where Mankind almost won and Vince & Shane just stand there doing nothing and not even looking worried.

-- How did Mankind not know that Mr. Socko was wrapped around Al Snow's Head until he saw it at ringside? Does he never watch TV?

-- After Vince ordered X-Pac vs. Regal to go 5 more minutes, why did Regal not just stay in the ring and win, instead running out and going after X-Pac, who he had no previous beef with?

-- Why did The Undertaker randomly club Bossman in the face after he ran in to HELP him against The Rock? Why did Bossman just take it?

-- Why did The Undertaker throw The Rock towards Kane, let Kane chokeslam Rock, and THEN get pissed that Kane got him DQ'ed? Why did he not stop Kane from doing it and try to get Kane to hit him instead? He just stood there and watched Kane do it AFTER throwing Rock to him and clearly had enough time to stop him.

-- J.R. put the officiating on blast all night with all the blatant low blows done in front of the refs. It was seriously out of control. There had to have been at least six blatant nut shots done right in front of the refs and no one gave a shit but Ross.

-- Loved Lawler's dig at Halloween Havoc '98 getting cut off early as Rock/Mankind started, saying, "You'll actually see this main event in its entirety."

-- Lawler and J.R. were so on fire together, it was incredible. They were the perfect team for the Attitude Era.

-- All the obscene signs in the crowd were amazing (such as "Vince McMahon is the People's Asshole" and a few other random signs with the word "tits" on it). There was a hot woman in the crowd with a skimpy shirt on with a sign that said "DX, I'LL SUCK YOURS IF YOU SUCK MINE!" with boobs drawn beneath it. Yep.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why would you sell the biggest drawing star of the time during the hottest period of wrestling to an iron clad deal?

Because it's good for business. Hell the kayfabe reason Vince did everything he could to not fire Austin was he knew how good for business he was, and he only started the firing nonsense after his character really started to lose his mind.

Top Bottom