• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| because Triple H is good for business

jmdajr

I'm not talking about the metal I like, those labels are big enough to be on there....I hope. I'm talking about the roots, americana and cowpunk stuff I like that is either all unsigned or on super small labels runs by anywhere between 1 to 3 guys.

Gatcha.

One often neglected genre I like is game music. Especially Japanese releases.
I'm pretty good on the pop and metal.

edit; I wonder if they have wee stuff on there.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Michael Elgin to debut in front of his hometown crowd tonight! Believe!
Tijso.gif

Kaladin

Rammed right into the cold, hard, unforgiving...uh, foam rubber.

A lot in wrasslin is fake, but those barricades ROH uses are real. They're thin sheets of steel that probably do hurt like hell when you're tossed into one. I know my hand hurt after pounding on one for a while at the ROH shows I have been front row to.

I'm actually not sure if they have replaced them since Mania weekend in Miami, but the fans pounding the barricades is a part of the thing that makes the ROH experience.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone who wants to do a LIVE post-Raw report, with your permission, I'd like to feature it on legitshook.com

Also Aiii expressed interest for a weekly Raw recap after the show - you still interested?

Aiii

So not worth it
Anyone who wants to do a LIVE post-Raw report, with your permission, I'd like to feature it on legitshook.com

Also Aiii expressed interest for a weekly Raw recap after the show - you still interested?

Well, can't do live due to not watching Raw until the next day, so if you het someone to do live or just after Raw is probably BEST FOR BUSINESS.

I'll do a weekly article instead. If not, i can do a report on Tuesday. Won't be a move-by-move though, probably more what I like didn't like thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, can't do live due to not watching Raw until the next day, so if you het someone to do live or just after Raw is probably BEST FOR BUSINESS.

I'll do a weekly article instead. If not, i can do a report on Tuesday

Right, I mean, not a GET IT OUT THERE NOW NOW NOW! thing but a...it's ready when it's ready.

Time to surpass Brandon Stroud.

Kaladin

I can live blog during Raw about how I'm legit shook about everything happening on Raw....for example.

"I am legit shook that CM Punk failed to get his hands on that dastardly Paul Heyman again. Legit shook!"

Or something like that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can live blog during Raw about how I'm legit shook about everything happening on Raw....for example.

"I am legit shook that CM Punk failed to get his hands on that dastardly Paul Heyman again. Legit shook!"

Or something like that.

I like the idea of comprehensive recaps a lot more than liveblogging though, with media and analysis. Just my concept though. This thread is livebloggy enough on Monday nights...

jred2k

Who all is going anyway?

Me, Krae_man, Anth0ny, the dude with the Bluejay's avatar(?)

I'm going. I call dibs on legit shook.com floor reporter, depending on how much of the ring I'm able to see.

I also just saw a dude walking around Eaton Centre with a "Follow the Buzzards" shirt tucked in so tonight is probably the night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going. I call dibs on legit shook.com floor reporter, depending on how much of the ring I'm able to see.

I also just saw a dude walking around Eaton Centre with a "Follow the Buzzards" shirt tucked in so tonight is probably the night.

yesssssss

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Can I do a Slater Sunday, Mahal Monday and Drewsday, Wade Wednesday, Tatsu Thursday, Fox Friday and Sin Saturday where I talk about my favorite moments for each of these WWE Superstars™?

And Taryn.

Also better 6 that actually do something, instead of 15 that don't do shit (besides AJ I guess)

Emma, Paige, Naomi, AJ, Kaitlyn, Natalya are all better than the Knock Outs division. Gail Kim is no longer good, Tessmacher + Sky have always been awful. But I'll give you ODB is a good worker, Mickie James is forever on my fave five diva list, and Taryn is painfully hot.

Emma, Paige, Naomi, AJ, Kaitlyn, Natalya are all better than the Knock Outs division. Gail Kim is no longer good, Tessmacher + Sky have always been awful. But I'll give you ODB is a good worker, Mickie James is forever on my fave five diva list, and Taryn is painfully hot.

Emma and Paige are on NXT, so they do not count at the moment.

Naomi and Kaitlyn are not good. Maybe tolerable but not good.

Natalya probably forgot how to wrestle thanks to all the inactivity. Look at her match with AJ...

AJ is great.

Both the TNA and WWE divisions are sad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Naomi's just as good as AJ

I wonder if people who think AJ are good are the same ones who think that anyone who can do faux lucha moves makes them great. Like when people thought Lita was a good wrestler instead of a sloppy worker who constantly missed or Trish was good instead of someone who, the majority of her moveset, involved someone else like Molly Holly or Ivory doing most the work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I wonder if people who think AJ are good are the same ones who think that anyone who can do faux lucha moves makes them great. Like when people thought Lita was a good wrestler instead of a sloppy worker who constantly missed or Trish was good instead of someone who, the majority of her moveset, involved someone else like Molly Holly or Ivory doing most the work.

I don't get the Sami Zayn love either.

Really?

Naomi can do some basic wrestling moves, that is all, she does them well, something a lot of the divas ca not even do. Like Kelly not being able to run the ropes. But she is not in the same level than AJ. And I am not even an AJ mark. I take Paige and Emma any other day, but they are stuck on NXT, so AJ is the current best diva in WWE main shows.

I guess doing right some basic wrestling moves in WWE is all they need to be considered a good diva in this parts...

Somebody call my mama
Somebody call my mama
Somebody call my mama
Somebody call my mama
Somebody call my mama
Somebody call my mama
Somebody call my mama

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Layla is good but not incredible. I think it's because 25% of her is dancer and 75% wrestler. If that makes sense.

Aesthetically though she's top tier.

Aiii

So not worth it
You are underating Naomi, she is definitely good. But like all women in WWE gets no tome tos how it and has to work with crappy workers like Nikki Bella or Aksana.

Brie Bella got somwhat better, Layla is quite passable.

I like scrappy underdog face AJ Lee. I can't buy ring general jean shorts heel AJ Lee who's supposedly throwing around people twice her size.

I have a feeling tonight will be a very special night of RAW.

Also I caught a clip of Total Divas last night Good god Nikki, good god. Cena is one lucky bastard!

I like Layla too, yeah I'd put her in the "above the Knockout's division" category as well.

AJ is the best on TV right now though, because she's one of the only people who understands things like "story" and "motivation", Natalya sort of gets it too but is an abysmal actress and her wrestling has really taken a step back in recent months.

Naomi only does a few basic wrestling moves and does them well, this is true but it's enough to make anyone a star. She's also the most athletic person in either division, so if she had more character than "knows Brodus Clay" and "Total Diva - lawful neutral alignment" then people might care.

A big problem with WWE divas is that once they stop booking you, they stop getting ring action. That makes it really hard for the ti improve. Look at Layla, she was improving really fast during her LayCool days, then they stopped using her and when she came back, she was rusty as hell, and she still has not recovered her level

AJ is so small all of her offence looks ridiculous and makes the other women look like dings when selling for her.

it's essentially "Rey in the HW division" level of clusterfuckness.

Not comparable, Bryan has a lot more physical presence and against the right opponent, looks phenomenal. i.e. Ryback vs Bryan

One of Bryan's biggest advantages in overcoming the height disparity between him and his opponents is that he's easily the best striker on the entire roster. His kicks, especially, look very strong so that, even when he's against a guy like Ryback, it's easy to buy that Bryan can take him to his knees and cause the big man a lot of pain with just his strikes. AJ doesn't really have that one aspect of her ring work that sets her apart from the other divas.

Top Bottom