• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Man this really sucks. I hope we hear something positive soon. I watched the PPV the night of the Owen tragedy and this takes me back to that night. I really cant stomach this right now, I pray to God that Lawler is OK.

Enfinit

Jerry's alive, that's what matters. Feeling calmer now. I've never been that big of a fan of Jerry, but seeing a man nearly die live on air kinda just fucked me up.

tm24

My heart is back in place, but im still worried. I'm just glad it happened here instead of one of the countless indies Jerry does in his off time. It could of been much worse

Agent X

I'm still having a hard time enjoying this show now. :(

Yeah, I have to agree with you.

It's good that Michael Cole gave us a brief update on Jerry Lawler's status. I'll keep praying for the best for Jerry, for a quick and full recovery.

My heart is back in place, but im still worried. I'm just glad it happened here instead of one of the countless indies Jerry does in his off time. It could of been much worse

Yeah. Montreal General, according to Google Maps, is 5 minutes from the Bell Centre. I'm assuming that's where he is now. But you think how much worse this could have been if he weren't in such a major city at a fully staffed event with paramedics on standby.

When Jerry makes it through I hope tonight was his last match. He's got nothing left to prove, he's already a hall of famer, and he doesn't ever need to get in the ring again.

Absolutely, major city at a major venue. This would have been much worse at a small indie show in all likelyhood.

Man this really sucks. I hope we hear something positive soon. I watched the PPV the night of the Owen tragedy and this takes me back to that night. I really cant stomach this right now, I pray to God that Lawler is OK.

Dude, that was a double date PPV for my now wife and I and my friend who would end up being my best man and his gf. Was the first PPV the two women had watched with us and Owen was my buddies favorite wrestler. Talk about a weird, surreal evening.

I was real young when the Owen tragedy happened so it did not affect me as much as it did later when I learned about who Owen was and what he did.

But this? This hurts. In a sense, I grew up hearing King's voice. I was never THAT big of a WCW fan back in the day, so I was more familiar with the King and JR duo. While I'll admit that King's commentary has been pretty lackluster recently, I do hope he pulls through.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
and Cody with the early advantage

ya know Cody has had his run ins with Sin Cara as of late...

Dthomp

Sucks for the guys still out there trying to put on a show. Crowd is dead, TV viewers are only on for updates about Jerry Lawler at this point.

Top Bottom