• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Holy Wars

Banned
The commentary was fantastic. JBL and Cole on Raw and Cole and Matthews on Smackdown will be fine for awhile.

I think it was a good PPV. Can't think of any outside of WM I enjoyed more, and it really didn't have a bad match.

BlazinAm

GUL6H.jpg

He off to do a movie so he is untouchable for the moment. He will probably lose to Ziggler tomorrow on Raw... you know where two smackdown guy can really put on a show.

Alucard

Banned
How can WWE continue this Cena v Punk feud, but with good reason? Cena got his rematch, and even though he "won" the draw result, at the end of the day he didn't get the job done. If the best WWE can do is just give Cena a rematch, then that's sorry. At least make him wrestle for #1 contendership again.

He'll get his rematch simply because it was an indecisive finish. Makes sense.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
wait...it's not 2 ppvs in October??? where will the christmas bonus money come from!?!

RIP Vengeance

we hardly knew ye

BlazinAm

In his podcast, Colt talked about how Heyman would shit on him during his time in WWE, and he thought Colt was a joke that didn't take things seriously enough.

I didn't take Colt seriously until a few years ago. He came off more inclined to sell merch.

The commentary was fantastic. JBL and Cole on Raw and Cole and Matthews on Smackdown will be fine for awhile.

I think it was a good PPV. Can't think of any outside of WM I enjoyed more, and it really didn't have a bad match.

Make me wonder where Striker fits in this, has he fallen off the map in people eyes. He was excellent in 2010-2011 and hasn't match that level since then.

J.R will most likely be on raw and it will be same old Cole again, nothing ever changes.

yitdadee08

Neo Member
He'll get his rematch simply because it was an indecisive finish. Makes sense.

I understand that, if it was just any 'ol match. But this was for a championship, you either win or you lose. Having a draw with the champ is just as good as losing. You can't just be given another WWE Championship match, even if you couldn't win it due to an indecisive finish.

Brinbe

I understand that, if it was just any 'ol match. But this was for a championship, you either win or you lose. Having a draw with the champ is just as good as losing. You can't just be given another WWE Championship match, even if you couldn't win it due to an indecisive finish.
Wat... why the hell not. This fucking pro wrasslin hahaha

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I didn't take Colt seriously until a few years ago. He came off more inclined to sell merch.

Make me wonder where Striker fits in this, has he fallen off the map in people eyes. He was excellent in 2010-2011 and hasn't match that level since then.

J.R will most likely be on raw and it will be same old Cole again, nothing ever changes.

JOHN CENA IS FREEEEEEEE

Toki767

If Punk was a heel you sure wouldn't know it based on that match. He wrestled clean, the crowd was mostly on his side, and he still retained the belt.

BlazinAm

I think that is the point so that this feud can continue, look at most feuds over the past couple years, Orton-Christian Punk-Jeff Hardy; the title switch hands at some point as a way of keep the feud going.

In this case there is value in Punk holding the championship till rumble so Cena has to stay relevant in some form or another in order for this feud to go till December.

Anth0ny

If Punk was a heel you sure wouldn't know it based on that match. He wrestled clean, the crowd was mostly on his side, and he still retained the belt.

Punk was getting more cheers than Cena.

The babyface.

Who's wearing breast cancer attire to the ring.

IN HIS HOME TOWN.

Sometimes it's hard to comprehend that this guy sells so much merchandise.

Holy Wars

Banned
Punk would be a heel against a popular baby face. But in 2012 WWE there's no reason for anyone to boo him.

Against Rock? He could be a heel.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
hello. looking for the results. what happened tonight?

Miz retains IC title
Cesaro retains US title over Zack Ryder
Team Friendship wins Tag Team titles
Eve wins Divas title
Orton beat Ziggler
Sheamus retains WHC
CM Punk retains WWE title in a double pinfall draw

Mostly boring show aside from the 2nd half of Punk/Cena. Nearly piledrove myself when Seenuh got the win, but thankfully they made the right call tonight. I don't really see where this feud goes from here or how they'll keep it fresh. There will obviously be a rematch because of the "controversial" draw finish but mehhhhhhhhhh, this feud has no heat.

BlazinAm

Miz retains IC title
Cesaro retains US title over Zack Ryder
Team Friendship wins Tag Team titles
Eve wins Divas title
Orton beat Ziggler
Sheamus retains WHC
CM Punk retains WWE title in a double pinfall draw

Just on the win-lost stats they put on a good show overall. Orton beating Ziggler is the only thing that just doesn't feel right.

I assume that Ziggler and Orton will face each other again on RAW where there would be more people watching so it can make Ziggler look good.

Mostly boring show aside from the 2nd half of Punk/Cena. Nearly piledrove myself when Seenuh got the win, but thankfully they made the right call tonight. I don't really see where this feud goes from here or how they'll keep it fresh. There will obviously be a rematch because of the "controversial" draw finish but mehhhhhhhhhh, this feud has no heat.

Punk's mic skills will be the thing that keep the feud fresh also I guess Heyman can be a vocal factor now.

yitdadee08

Neo Member
Wat... why the hell not. This fucking pro wrasslin hahaha

I think that is the point so that this feud can continue, look at most feuds over the past couple years, Orton-Christian Punk-Jeff Hardy; the title switch hands at some point as a way of keep the feud going.

In this case there is value in Punk holding the championship till rumble so Cena has to stay relevant in some form or another in order for this feud to go till December.

I guess I'm giving this too much thought. I just get tired of the WWE being afraid of having their top superstars lose cleanly. It's always either a countout or a DQ, and in this case it was a draw. I feel like feuds could be more effective if the wrestlers actually suffered losses, instead of these results that save the superstars' faces.

Sheamus Wins Again? the heck is going on? Im gonna go fight me an Irish person to see if they really are invulnerable.

Poor Del Rio. I think between this feud and the Edge feud a few years ago he has probably had the most WHC matches at PPVs without ever actually winning the damn thing.

BlazinAm

I guess I'm giving this too much thought. I just get tired of the WWE being afraid of having their top superstars lose cleanly. It's always either a countout or a DQ, and in this case it was a draw. I feel like feuds could be more effective if the wrestlers actually suffered losses, instead of these results that save the superstars' faces.

The last time that Cena put over somebody cleanly before Punk and The Rock was Sheamus I think.

Punk's mic skills will be the thing that keep the feud fresh also I guess Heyman can be a vocal factor now.

Meh. Punk's heel turn has been weak aside from the Heyman drive by. All we'll get is a month of "HAHAHA, TOLD YOU I'M DAH BESS, WHERE'S MY RESPECT?" and "NUH-UH, YOU DIDN'T EVEN PIN ME, AND YOU HAD TO RESORT TO A ROCK BOTTOM, Y U SO IRRELEVANT?"

zzzzzzzzz

Get someone new in there. Ziggler or someone to spice this snoozefest up.

Top Bottom