• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Enfinit

The weirdest thing about Kofi to me is that that he always gets a full head of momentum by running the ropes before the BOOM Drop. I don't understand the point of running the ropes when he stops in place anyway. Any momentum he'd have from running the ropes is completely negated, but he does it every time anyway.

You see, Mr. Kingston runs quickly into the ropes, creating a lot of momentum, inertia, and kinetic energy. Mr. Kingston then bounces off the ropes, which further increase his inertia, momentum, and kinetic energy by slingshotting him to the middle of the ring. Then, Mr. Kingston quickly stops and transfers all of his kinetic energy into potential energy, back into kinetic energy centralized in his legs, where he performs the "Boom Drop." All of the unique hand gestures that proceed the "Boom Drop" only further increase his energy, allowing him to reach Super Saiyan 2.

Remember that time when Mark Henry grabbed hold of JR and JR was all like "YOU'RE HURTING ME!"
Ah good times, alas I cannot find a clip of it.

6ILIF.gif

Speaking of Punk vs Austin guess how long punk will have been WWE champion next Monday.

316 days.

Clearly the road to wrestlemania starts next week.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Speaking of Punk vs Austin guess how long punk will have been WWE champion next Monday.

316 days.

Clearly the road to wrestlemania starts next week.

(Punk standing in middle of ring)

"Do you know how many days I've been WWE Champion?"

*holds up title*

"316"

*glass smashes*

*WrassleGAF erupts*

Kaladin

*holds up title*

"316"

*glass smashes*

*WrassleGAF erupts*

*holds up title*

"316"

*car crashes* "Bah gawd, it's Miss Foley's baby boy!"

*WrassleGAF am sad*

Enfinit

*holds up title*

"316"

*Trumpets blast*

*Ryback comes comes down the ramp while giving Cena a piggyback ride*

"FEED ME MOAR"

*WrestleGAF is disappoint*

"Punk, do you know why you've been WWE Champion for 316 days?"

"Because I'm the BEST IN THE WHORLD, JAN-BOY."

"No, it's because this motherfucker hasn't been around."

*Glass shatters*

*Stone Cold runs down and beats Cena until he shits blood*

"FUCK YOU CENA I LIKE CM PUNK AND IMMA WRASSLE THAT SUMBITCH AT WRASSLEMANIA AN IT AIN'T GONNA BE FOR NO TITLE I JUST WANNA BEAT THAT FUCKER'S ASS EAT A DICK. THROW ME A BEER I'M FUCKIN OUTTA HERE. SEE YOU GENTLEMEN IN APRIL MOTHERFUCKERS."

*Everyone dies*

WWE Entertainment:

- Then

- Now

- Forever.

*holds up title*

"316"

*car crashes* "Bah gawd, it's Miss Foley's baby boy!"

*WrassleGAF am sad*
I find this setup fantastically exploitable.

*holds up title*

"316"

*generic music* "BOBBY LASHLEY! I'll be a son of a bitch, it's Bobby Lashley!"

*WrassleGAF am sad*

*holds up title*

"316"

"FEED ME MORE"

*WrassleGAF am sad (except Beef)*

RBH

Raw segment-by-segment numbers:

In the segment-by-segment, they opened with the second strongest segment of the show, with the Paul Heyman, C.M. Punk, Brad Maddox and A.J. segment at 2.99. Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler lost 262,000 viewers. Santino Marella & Zack Ryder vs. Titus O’Neil & Darren Young lost 295,000 viewers to a 2.59 quarter and that was still in the first hour so it wasn’t burnout. The Mick Foley/C.M. Punk segment at 9 p.m. gained 877,000 viewers which is one of the best growth segments in weeks and did a 3.22 quarter. Miz vs. Ryback and the Harry Met Sally segment in the diner lost 533,000 viewers. Wade Barrett vs. Tyson Kidd and the Jerry Lawler interview stayed even. I’d suggest that’s probably a combo of a big loss for Barrett vs. Kidd and a big gain back for the Lawler promo but don’t have that broken down. Alberto Del Rio & David Otunga & Ricardo Rodriguez vs. Sheamus & Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara lost 129,000 viewers. That was at the 10 p.m. mark and did a 2.75 quarter, so the three hour show has really done a number on people tuning in at 10 p.m. The third Bryan & Kane segment and the attack on Bryan & Kane by Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow lost 412,000 viewers and did a 2.45 quarter. They probably were going down anyway at that point given it’s a three hour show, but three segments of that was one too many at best and that’s among the worst Raw quarters in 15 years. Well, until the quarter with Layla & Alicia Fox vs. Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres and Brodus Clay vs. Tensai, which lost 34,000 viewers and did a 2.43. The final segment with John Cena, C.M. Punk and Paul Heyman gained 428,000 viewers to a 2.74, which obviously is a terrible overrun and the growth wasn’t good for that segment.

next week is also in Oklahoma and is JR appreciation night (probably just a post RAW thing)

Still if you want Punk to have heel heat so damn bad beating up JR in front of his friends and family has always been a good bet to get it.

But maybe one of JR's best buds will be in town to celebrate ......

None of this shit is happening

Snaku

Banned

*holds up title*

"316"

alex-wright-okmk0z.gif

"This is the greatest day in the history of our sport!"

*WrassleGAF am assplode*

How many days was the longest Cold Stone title reign?

Austin is 175 days straight as WWE Champ (6 reigns, 529 combined days total)

Cena is 380 days straight as WWE Champ (10 reigns, 1,058 combined days total)

CM Punk is 311+ days straight as WWE Champ (2 reigns, 339+ combined days total)

Kaladin

Punk will surpass Cena's 380 day reign if he holds the belt until Wedensday December 5th

The perfect Scenario for Hell In A Cell:

CM Punk faces John Cena with his injured arm, against Dr.'s orders.

John Cena suffers a worse injury at the hands of CM Punk and is out indefinitely.

During Cena's absence, Punk faces other challengers, including Ryback.

Cena appears (without promotion) on December 3rd Monday Night Raw and is somehow granted a title shot that night.

=

Highest Rated 3rd hour in the history of 3 hour Monday Night Raws

I don't know where they are going with the current Punk vs Cena feud to be honest.

There is no one else who can detract Cena for a few months so he probably has to win the title for the 76th time in the next few months and we can repeat the last 3 months but with Punk always challenges Cena until the Rock shows his face again.

Kaladin

I don't know where they are going with the current Punk vs Cena feud to be honest.

There is no one else who can detract Cena for a few months so he probably has to win the title for the 76th time in the next few months and we can repeat the last 3 months but with Punk always challenges Cena until the Rock shows his face again.

Nah, it's building to a Punk/Cena clash for Cena's longest title reign, definately. The injury angle in HIAC is a basic guarantee that it won't be the last match in the series, and then they have Survivor Series which might not even be a title match (Team Cena vs Team Punk) and it can either lead up to Raw on December 3rd or TLC to close out the series.

UberTag

Nah, it's building to a Punk/Cena clash for Cena's longest title reign, definately. The injury angle in HIAC is a basic guarantee that it won't be the last match in the series, and then they have Survivor Series which might not even be a title match (Team Cena vs Team Punk) and it can either lead up to Raw on December 3rd or TLC to close out the series.
Who else should be on Team Cena?

Clearly we'll have Ryback.
R-Truth?
Kofi?
Little Jimmy?
Zack Ryder so Cena can steal his girl again?
Team Friendship?

Lesnar should be a "mystery" 5th man on Team Punk.

tm24

B) How the fuck is RF even involved in wrestling? I thought he be blacklisted for sure.

Dude offers a lot of money for his shoot interviews which sell and he's gotten to the point where his money speaks louder than his actions. He's the Roman Polanski of wrestling

Kaladin

Who else should be on Team Cena?

Clearly we'll have Ryback.
R-Truth?
Kofi?
Little Jimmy?
Zack Ryder so Cena can steal his girl again?
Team Friendship?

Lesnar should be a "mystery" 5th man on Team Punk.

Team Cena (Cena, Ryback, Kofi, R-Truth, Kane)

vs

Team Punk (Punk, Bryan, Rhodes, Sandow, ???????)

Top Bottom