• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
By the way folks, looking to do another small community event that won't shit up our wrestling thread so much for the 'purists' (though I laff at ya) - so hear me out.

The contest: everyone who wants to participate needs to create a wrestling character in a non-wrestling game, and the best one (votes) wins some sort of sweet ass prize. Big Van Vader in Mass Effect 3? The Macho Man Randy Savage in Dark Souls? Sky's the limit, folks.

What do you all think of that? Submit photos or video of your dude. If so, we'll start this like, next Monday or somesuch.

Thoughts?

You know who'd make a perfect character to run your gang?

dean%2Bambrose-jon%2Bmoxley-FCW-WWE-mick%2Bfoley-Twitter-thaoshow-com-dante%2Bross.jpg

That's like a homeless CliffyB.

G-Fex

By the way folks, looking to do another small community event that won't shit up our wrestling thread so much for the 'purists' (though I laff at ya) - so hear me out.

The contest: everyone who wants to participate needs to create a wrestling character in a non-wrestling game, and the best one (votes) wins some sort of sweet ass prize. Big Van Vader in Mass Effect 3? The Macho Man Randy Savage in Dark Souls? Sky's the limit, folks.

What do you all think of that? Submit photos or video of your dude. If so, we'll start this like, next Monday or somesuch.

Thoughts?

That's like a homeless CliffyB.

I made Sheamus in Dark Souls when I rented that game.

That game is bullshit and hard.

I called in sick due to my headaches.

During highschool, I had a summer job at a fast food joint. One day, the soda dispensers and fryers broke while I had to work the drive thru. My manager wouldn't let me put a sign outside stating as such and as a result, I had to tell each and every person that I couldn't give them a combo meal because we don't have sodas or fries (also we don't have any onion rings, chicken items, I can give them a milkshake but no, it won't be discounted). Most of them chewed me out. It was one of the worst days of my young life at the time, lol.

The next day, I resolved that I would fake calling in sick. I called my manager and told her I wouldn't be coming in to work because I had a headache.

"Take Advil."

"What?"

"Advil. That's what you take when you have a headache. Get some Advil and come to work."

"...ok"

Man, thinking back on those days I honestly don't know why I didn't walk out then and there.

At any rate, kudos G-Fex, for having not having an asshole boss.

G-Fex

During highschool, I had a summer job at a fast food joint. One day, the soda dispensers and fryers broke while I had to work the drive thru. My manager wouldn't let me put a sign outside stating as such and as a result, I had to tell each and every person that I couldn't give them a combo meal because we don't have sodas or fries (also we don't have any onion rings, chicken items, I can give them a milkshake but no, it won't be discounted). Most of them chewed me out. It was one of the worst days of my young life at the time, lol.

The next day, I resolved that I would fake calling in sick. I called my manager and told her I wouldn't be coming in to work because I had a headache.

"Take Advil."

"What?"

"Advil. That's what you take when you have a headache. Get some Advil and come to work."

"...ok"

Man, thinking back on those days I honestly don't know why I didn't walk out then and there.

At any rate, kudos G-Fex, for having not having an asshole boss.

Yeah I remember that shit, that's why you never work in fast food honestly.

Working in a dept store is a bit better, I don't have to come up with a reason sometimes, just a hotline number then call the store. My boss isn't a asshole but the big guy in charge of the store is. I'll probably have to make up tonight for Tuesday night or somehting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, retail. The cruelest managers. I was one once. But I was a good one. All the employees told me the truth!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry, I meant to say Demon's Souls! I still have Dark Souls unopened. I'm gonna play it someday. I doubt this makes you feel better though

Dark Souls is a lot easier, don't worry. They make you OP through the whole thing. Estus flask...what a joke!

Sokantish

Demon's Souls wasn't hard though, I don't get why everyone says it is. Maybe the difficulty ramps up after you beat Tower Knight

Yeah I remember that shit, that's why you never work in fast food honestly.

Working in a dept store is a bit better, I don't have to come up with a reason sometimes, just a hotline number then call the store. My boss isn't a asshole but the big guy in charge of the store is. I'll probably have to make up tonight for Tuesday night or somehting.

Oh, retail. The cruelest managers. I was one once. But I was a good one. All the employees told me the truth!

It was mostly on me for coming up with a headache as an excuse. I'm a terrible liar and a headache was the only thing I could think of that wouldn't involve me having to alter my voice or having to sell the next day at work.

Sokantish

Yeah it seemed like there was a lot of moments where they'd just have stupid stuff just to make you die if it was the first time you ran into it, but I don't think that counts as hard... that's just them cheating to make you do stuff over again to make the game longer!

G-Fex

You just made me hate this thread more.

It's true Dark Souls is kinda boring

I have Demon's Soul's myself and I haven't played it yet.

It was mostly on me for coming up with a headache as an excuse. I'm a terrible liar and a headache was the only thing I could think of that wouldn't involve me having to alter my voice or having to sell the next day at work.

Actually my stuff isn't so much headaches as it is Migraines, so nausea and slight dizziness really fucks me over.

strobogo

Banned
Did anyone ever get the new Wrestlefest for the iPad? It looked terrible graphically, but looked like it had the same game play. I've never seen anyone post about it anywhere.

Kaladin

pwinsider said:
One of the major questions we've been asked in the last several weeks has to do with the disappearance of former WWE World champion Christian.

One of the stories that were making the rounds (incorrectly attributed to PWInsider, according to a few readers) is that WWE pulled Christian from TV as he's expected to appear at the TNA Hall of Fame ceremony next month in Phoenix, Arizona as part of an agreement WWE and TNA made to allow Ric Flair to appear at Wrestlemania earlier this year. However, we are told that isn't why Christian is off the road.

According to numerous sources, Christian actually asked for time off the road as there were no major storylines planned for him and the time off would give him a chance to rest his ankle, which is still giving him some issues after injuring it last year. WWE granted the request.

There is no word when he is slated to return, although at one point he was booked for the Canadian TV loop next Monday and Tuesday.

A new Chikara show has been released. It's kind of a D show though, they are not even releasing a DVD for it.

Chikara August 12, 2012 "A Benefit For Baseballtown Charities" - Reading, PA

Note: This product is only available as a VOD or MP4 download, it will not be released on DVD.

1. combatAnt & assailANT vs. Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black

2. The Shard vs. Sugar Dunkerton

3. Alan Hunter & JJ Jackson vs. Devastation Corporation

4. Ophidian vs. Soldier Ant

5. The Batiri vs. Fire Ant, Frightmare & Mike Quackenbush

6. Grizzly Redwood vs. The Mysterious Handsome Stranger

7. Los Ice Creams vs. Marty Jannetty & Green Ant

8. Tim Donst vs. Saturyne

9. F.I.S.T. (Chuck Taylor & Icarus) vs. Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown

http://smvod.com/premium-video/chikara-august-12-2012-benefit-baseballtown-charities-reading-pa

$9.99

Thanks dude! I was wondering if they were going to release this one. Anyone want to have a viewing party before the EVOLVE show on Saturday? It would make for a hell of a marathon wrassling session!

Kaladin

Thanks dude! I was wondering if they were going to release this one. Anyone want to have a viewing party before the EVOLVE show on Saturday? It would make for a hell of a marathon wrassling session!

Six hours is enough for me. I'd like to see a few matches on that card, but there is nothing I have to see.

He needs to feud with Cesaro when he comes back. Would be great matches and would help elevate the title.

How do you elevate a jobber title?

Top Bottom