• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

Entropia

No One Remembers
I found POVWrestling

iTuKD0mBwX3b7.gif

Cool

I want more of this.

So, this is happening...

AJPW, 23.09.2012
Yokohama Bunka Gymnasium

1. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Yamato (c) vs. Hikaru Sato
2. AJPW World Tag Team Title: Takao Omori & Manabu Soya (c) vs. Joe Doering & X
3. Triple Crown: Masakatsu Funaki (c) vs. Suwama
4. Special Tag Match: Keiji Mutoh & Kevin Nash vs. Taiyo Kea & Seiya Sanada

Should be fun. Also, that Jr. Heavyweight Title match will be great - Yamato & Sato's rivalry was one of the early highlights of the year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you ever post the voting results for that? I voted for Boootaaay!

It's in the OP, and he did indeed win. It wasn't a clean MVP vote though...which we will have one for next month.

I plan on doing my part taking Wrasslegaf to new heights. We have a wildly successful PPV behind us, a greater sense of friendship and camaraderie (excepting the "upset about a penis" part) and we're going to have a calendar for Wrestler Weeks next month.

Sokantish

It's in the OP, and he did indeed win. It wasn't a clean MVP vote though...which we will have one for next month.

I plan on doing my part taking Wrasslegaf to new heights. We have a wildly successful PPV behind us, a greater sense of friendship and camaraderie (excepting the "upset about a penis" part) and we're going to have a calendar for Wrestler Weeks next month.

I wanted a list of like the top 3 people voted for, I knew Boootaaay won it!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted a list of like the top 3 people voted for, I knew Boootaaay won it!

Well, we had it as "favorite thing" so "The gifs" would have been #2. So Bootaaay is better than our gifs.

Kaladin

Championship Thursday Debuts On IMPACT WRESTLING

94115c7f7a9e1bb99843d6b5f7c1b50c_L.jpg

Back in April, Hulk Hogan announced a new format to IMPACT WRESTLING on Spike TV – “Open Fight Night”. This once-a-month special gave anyone on IMPACT the opportunity to call out anyone on the roster and that person had to fight. Along with “Gut Check”, the episode featured a championship match where Hulk Hogan decided the challenger. Starting Thursday night and happening once a month, “Championship Thursday” will break out into its own episode of IMPACT WRESTLING on Spike TV - Hulk Hogan announced to ImpactWrestling.com today.

On “Championship Thursday”, an IMPACT WRESTLING champion will walk to the ring not knowing whom they will face. During this monthly episode, four challengers will meet with Hulk Hogan and plead their case why they deserve the shot at the champion. One by one, the challengers will be eliminated until bell time when two challengers remain. As the champion stands in the ring ready to defend, Hogan makes the final decision and the title match starts right then!

On Thursday, the World Tag Team Champions – Kazarian and Christopher Daniels -walk to the ring not knowing their foes. Hulk Hogan will sit down with four sets of challengers and hear their case during the broadcast! The challengers will be AJ Styles and a partner of his choosing, Robbie E & Robbie T, Gunner and Kid Kash, and Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez!
Tune into Spike TV on Thursday at 8/7c to see how it unfolds LIVE!

I actually enjoyed this concept and I'm glad they're making it a full time deal. You know AJ Styles will get the shot this time though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah I forgot about favorite thing, well at least Boootaaay is a better thing than the gifs

It is high praise, I'd have a hard time convincing others that my presence is better than something like

iTuKD0mBwX3b7.gif

Kaladin

A new Chikara show has been released. It's kind of a D show though, they are not even releasing a DVD for it.

Chikara August 12, 2012 "A Benefit For Baseballtown Charities" - Reading, PA

Note: This product is only available as a VOD or MP4 download, it will not be released on DVD.

1. combatAnt & assailANT vs. Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black

2. The Shard vs. Sugar Dunkerton

3. Alan Hunter & JJ Jackson vs. Devastation Corporation

4. Ophidian vs. Soldier Ant

5. The Batiri vs. Fire Ant, Frightmare & Mike Quackenbush

6. Grizzly Redwood vs. The Mysterious Handsome Stranger

7. Los Ice Creams vs. Marty Jannetty & Green Ant

8. Tim Donst vs. Saturyne

9. F.I.S.T. (Chuck Taylor & Icarus) vs. Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown

http://smvod.com/premium-video/chikara-august-12-2012-benefit-baseballtown-charities-reading-pa

$9.99

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Now that the king has spoken you must join me in the land of Kofi fandom, it's pretty lonely over here in wrasslegaf town, when he turns heel though and becomes Kofi the King then everyone will understand and hop on the bandwagon, mark my words.
That interview was back in 2009. After three years of disappointment, I'm sure Triple G has realized that Kofi is a loser face with no real gimmick. He probably just doesn't have the heart to voice his opinion.

Aiii

So not worth it
BAH GAWD KING, IT'S GOLDBERG:
The Streak’s Beginning:

“I think between Tenay and Bobby Heenan, it was something they came up with. In all honesty, the character development, the crowd reaction, the squash matches, that all just came to be. I see what other companies are trying to do to emulate the streak and the reality is it’s hard to really duplicate something like that that actually came about by chance, by accident. It all kind of happened as it was going on. I don’t believe it was a preplanned being to give me an undefeated streak for a year or however long a period of time it was. It just gained momentum week after week after week and they just rode it out. I was lucky in the right place at the right time. Six or eight months after I got in the business I had the belt around my waist.”

The Streak’s End:

I’m upset because they wouldn’t let Scott Hall hit me with the (Taser) with the barbs in it. Because that’s what I want. I figured if I’m going down, I want you to stick me for real. But, it is what it is. A few weeks after Kevin Nash was put on the booking committee, Kevin Nash gets to beat me first. But hey, it is what it is.”

Seriously?! Real Barbs?!

“Absolutely! Adam (Carriker) can tell you… d-lineman are a different breed. I truly believe that even 20 years past me playing football, I have the same mentality as I did back then. I’m sure Adam has it. You have to. You gotta be a little nuts.

“The reality is, I wanted it as real as humanly possible. And if means me taking two barbs in my chest on national TV to make it look real, then damn! Let’s do it! I’m all for it.

“Right when they knocked on my door, I didn’t fake head butt every door and every locker in every training room that we were at. I went full bore. I was in it to win it, that’s for sure.

Favorite matches

“I always liked working with the Steiner Brothers. I loved working with them.

“Dallas Page… the match Dallas and I had at Halloween Havoc one year and he wanted me to spear him like 15 times in the damn match. It turned out to be a pretty darned good match. I ended up knocking myself out when I ended up spearing him, but was able to finish the match.

“The Hogan match at the Georgia Dome. That night at the Georgia Dome was the coolest thing in the world. Not because I was able to win the World Championship, not because it was in front of 44,000 people. But it was in front of the crowd that used to cheer us on as the Falcons.

“At the end of the night Jessie Tuggle, Chuck Smith… all the guys came out to save me. For that one second the guys that I revere, the guys that I respected, that I looked up to, the guys that make it All-Pro, the guys that are able to start every week and just kick ass wanted to be where I was. And so for me, that was really the coolest moment of my professional life, because the people that I looked up to wanted to be me and that was just a really cool feeling.”

Goldberg also noted that he would be interested in wrestling Steve Austin and The Undertaker and would “love” a rematch against Brock Lesnar. The full podcast is available at 4thandpain.com.

somedevil

Winter has left TNA due to her contract not being renewed.

So the Knockout division is Miss Tessmacher, Gail kim, Madison Rayne, Tara, ODB, and Mickie James.

Sarita, Rosita and Taeler Hendrix are never used either.

Top Bottom