• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serious discussion. Should DF be treated as biased source?

Zathalus

Thing is I know MS paid for the bias, at least at one point
If you have concrete evidence they directly paid money to DF for positive coverage and DF didn’t disclose it as a sponsorship deal then you should report it, either anonymously or not, as that would be a breach of EU law and can lead to extremely harsh financial fines or even jail time.

Topher

Gold Member
Thing is I know MS paid for the bias, at least at one point

That's an entirely different thing altogether and yeah, not good. That basically amounts to an undisclosed sponsorship which damages the credibility of the outlet. That's worse than bias ultimately, but not the same thing. When I think of bias, I think of the Jez Corden's of the world.

If you have concrete evidence they directly paid money to DF for positive coverage and DF didn’t disclose it as a sponsorship deal then you should report it, either anonymously or not, as that would be a breach of EU law and can lead to extremely harsh financial fines or even jail time.

My guess is the evidence would require him to name his source and he ain't going to do that.

Last edited:

Bojji

Lack of visible erection while unboxing the PS5.

Bru7sL4.jpeg

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
That's an entirely different thing altogether and yeah, not good. That basically amounts to an undisclosed sponsorship which damages the credibility of the outlet. That's worse than bias ultimately, but not the same thing. When I think of bias, I think of the Jez Corden's of the world.
I guess I should rephrase to what the term was actually used, recruited DF to make them "pro Xbox" and "influence positive affinity"

Zathalus

I guess I should rephrase to what the term was actually used, recruited DF to make them "pro Xbox" and "influence positive affinity"
If that was the flying them over to Seattle for showing off the hardware video then it sure did create hype, but it failed to influence the results of launch face offs. The first wave of comparison videos from DF for this gen were absolutely brutal towards the XSX. People on twitter were accusing DF of being Sony shills because of the results.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Damn......so are we talking in perpetuity?
There was a deal in place at one time to give DF exclusive access to the Xbox hardware for the reveals for said positive affinity

DF was specifically targeted for this

Xbox also goes out of their way showering free gifts to influencers ranging from Gamepass to SSDs to free consoles to simply writing checks for that positive affinity when reviewing head to head matchup in games.

PaintTinJr

At this point, you are being wilfully ignorant. They both use 1080p with a 100% FSR scale. PS5 does not use any better post-processing so the burden on both machines is the same. Doesn't matter if PS5 is oversharpened. It makes no difference to the performance which is what matters.

Which one is better?

J1u4ZEJ.png
Well using a paint package and processing the two images. First doing A-B (then a high pass filter) produces mostly residue of a blocky head suggesting to me that image B has less smooth detail pixels that are brighter in all but this region, hence why it didn't remove that residue and leave it smooth.
Doing the reverse and doing B-A (then a high pass filter) produces mostly a residue of smooth pixel background detail around the lower body/legs of the rocks and floor, suggesting better HDR in the subtracted image A and higher detail per pixel.

On that basis I'd say image A is scientifically better, but both image at VGA size on a modest laptop screen look about the same other than image B is less pleasing by looking flatter in colour range

But I didn't read the other comments leading to this one to know what I'm potentially proving or disproving with that response.

The Saint

Digital Foundry? The same people hating on Eve in Stellar Blade, while they simped for Frey in Forspoken?

There is nothing they can say that is worth me taking the time to listen to.

No Thank You Reaction GIF

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The issue is that once you’ve accepted things like an invitation to Redmond to exclusively review hardware before anyone else, you are no longer a neutral source. At the end of the day, access like that is their source of income.

They do treat Xbox with kid gloves nowadays, it is true.

I much preferred it when they just pixel and framerate counted and told us the technicalities. It has all felt very speculative now over the past 4 or 5 years, a serious drop in quality in my view.
you do realize Mark Cerny himself gave Richard a direct interview BEFORE the PS5 road to the show. DF had the tflops number ready at exactly 12PM the moment the road to show presentation went live. that means they saw the saw presentation before hand and then were given access to cerny himself.

DF is the lead tech website for consoles. of course they are given early access or behind the scenes presentations by both console makers.

I think it's pretty obvious, especially if you have watched them for a longer period of time, i.e. since their independence. They are not really "biased" in that sense. They are simply trying to appeal to the PC-based part of their audience, trying to to throw them a bone in an era where at least graphics wise the difference between PC and console is not that big anymore.

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Well using a paint package and processing the two images. First doing A-B (then a high pass filter) produces mostly residue of a blocky head suggesting to me that image B has less smooth detail pixels that are brighter in all but this region, hence why it didn't remove that residue and leave it smooth.
Doing the reverse and doing B-A (then a high pass filter) produces mostly a residue of smooth pixel background detail around the lower body/legs of the rocks and floor, suggesting better HDR in the subtracted image A and higher detail per pixel.

On that basis I'd say image A is scientifically better, but both image at VGA size on a modest laptop screen look about the same other than image B is less pleasing by looking flatter in colour range

But I didn't read the other comments leading to this one to know what I'm potentially proving or disproving with that response.
It's simple. It was about the IQ of PS5's Performance Mode vs. the other modes and PC. OP took issue with DF's methodology because apparently, the IQ on PS5 is "higher" when they're using the same resolution and FSR pass. There is thus no performance differential brought about by the much more aggressive filter in the PS5 version. To drive the point home, I showed the Balance vs Performance mode because it would appear that the Balance Mode has a higher IQ when they're using the exact same settings and resolution. Performance is just a lot more aggressive with the sharpening. The "softer" IQ of performance mode is closer in quality to the PC version.

Banjo64

cumsessed
you do realize Mark Cerny himself gave Richard a direct interview BEFORE the PS5 road to the show. DF had the tflops number ready at exactly 12PM the moment the road to show presentation went live. that means they saw the saw presentation before hand and then were given access to cerny himself.

DF is the lead tech website for consoles. of course they are given early access or behind the scenes presentations by both console makers.
Interview vs being flown out and given footage to use.

SlimySnake

Interview vs being flown out and given footage to use.
DF is flown out all the time. No one goes out to these preview events on their own dime. its an all expense paid trip. they did the same with the PS4 Pro. Richard was literally there at the reveal event.

Banjo64

cumsessed
DF is flown out all the time. No one goes out to these preview events on their own dime. its an all expense paid trip. they did the same with the PS4 Pro. Richard was literally there at the reveal event.
You are saying absolutely nothing that refutes my original statement:

The issue is that once you’ve accepted things like an invitation to Redmond to exclusively review hardware before anyone else, you are no longer a neutral source. At the end of the day, access like that is their source of income.

Three

The first wave of comparison videos from DF for this gen were absolutely brutal towards the XSX. People on twitter were accusing DF of being Sony shills because of the results.
You're shitting me. They were excusing that thing with OS features. Just watch this first ever comparison where they ignored the broken/lower setting raytracing on xbox and higher gameplay fps on PS5 to harp on about the 60hz OS setting from 13:00 onwards

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

It's simple. It was about the IQ of PS5's Performance Mode vs. the other modes and PC. OP took issue with DF's methodology because apparently, the IQ on PS5 is "higher" when they're using the same resolution and FSR pass. There is thus no performance differential brought about by the much more aggressive filter in the PS5 version. To drive the point home, I showed the Balance vs Performance mode because it would appear that the Balance Mode has a higher IQ when they're using the exact same settings and resolution. Performance is just a lot more aggressive with the sharpening. The "softer" IQ of performance mode is closer in quality to the PC version.
Sorry, I don't follow which image was which. What platform and settings was image A and what platform and settings was image B?

Gaiff

Sorry, I don't follow which image was which. What platform and settings was image A and what platform and settings was image B?
Image A: PS5, Balance (not Balanced) Mode
Image B: PS5, Performance Mode

Last edited:

SlimySnake

You are saying absolutely nothing that refutes my original statement:

I am pointing out the flaw in your argument. If its industry standard that everyone is flown out and given early access then everyone is no longer neutral. Richard was flown out by Sony for the Pro so he's no longer a neutral source? Mark Cerny was given an exclusive interview by Cerny before the PS5 reveal so he's not a neutral source? Makes no sense.

This is part of their job. It's true for every single industry including hollywood, silicon valley, and the auto industry. Richard criticizes MS more than most websites like IGN, Gamespot and Eurogamer. He does also hold Sony accountable at times. Sony has their own issues that people should be allowed to critique. They are not god and above criticism.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Can you not just filter out what you want to hear versus what is being told to you? I mean isn’t that what most people do on the internet anyway?

Zathalus

You're shitting me. They were excusing that thing with OS features. Just watch this first ever comparison where they ignored the broken/lower setting raytracing on xbox to harp on about the 60hz OS setting from 13:00 onwards

What broken raytracing? And is pointing out feature sets on each console a problem now? The PS5 didn’t even have VRR support back then. Stating that a console has a better way of displaying a game isn’t bias, it’s a simple fact.

And I was mostly referring to the AC Valhalla and Dirt 5 videos, in which PS5 enjoyed a considerable lead over XSX, which led to massive fanboy drama on Twitter.

Last edited:

kevboard

You're shitting me. They were excusing that thing with OS features. Just watch this first ever comparison where they ignored the broken/lower setting raytracing on xbox and higher gameplay fps on PS5 to harp on about the 60hz OS setting from 13:00 onwards

at that time, the PS5 version was badly adjusted for the system. it didn't have VRR yet, which means if you didn't lock it to 60fps you would have constant stutters.

the PS5 version wouldn't allow you to run at a locked 60fps.

and it is their job to inform customers of such issues.

fanboys then take this OBJECTIVE FACT and get angry about it. It's so pathetic.

Last edited:

Three

What broken raytracing? And is pointing out feature sets on each console a problem now? The PS5 didn’t even have VRR support back then. Stating that a console has a better way of displaying a game isn’t bias, it’s a simple fact.

And I was mostly referring to the AC Valhalla and Dirt 5 videos, in which PS5 enjoyed a considerable lead over XSX, which led to massive fanboy drama on Twitter.
at that time, the PS5 version was badly adjusted for the system. it didn't have VRR yet, which means if you didn't lock it to 60fps you would have constant stutters.

the PS5 version wouldn't allow you to run at a locked 60fps.

and it is their job to inform customers of such issues.

fanboys then take this OBJECTIVE FACT and get angry about it. It's so pathetic.
There were missing reflections. The PS5 version wasn't badly adjusted for the system they were not referring to VRR either they were talking about forcing 60hz. I just find it funny that you think they were brutal to the xbox when they were concentrating on these inconsequential things as xbox advantages. They turned higher PS5 benchmarks into xbox experience and how it's 'jarring' on PS5.

Last edited:

Gaiff

Are they using the Ryzen 4800S as the CPU for this benchmark? Or is this the 3600?
Because if this is the 4800S, it's a major screw up, considering that the 4800S has only 4 lanes of PCIe for the GPU. Meaning, it will become a bottleneck quite often.
So no wonder it's running slower than a PS5.
4800S. They wanted to match the PS5 as closely as possible, but yeah, the 4800S has problems of its own.

This might be why it performed so poorly in Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

Image A: PS5, Balance (not Balanced) Mode
Image B: PS5, Performance Mode
Ah okay, well I went back and took a small look at some of the footage between PS5 balance and PC( particular shot at 6:03-6:04) and they aren't a match at all with balance mode. The PC fog cheaply fills the view volume to saturation much faster on PC, and this is after the the foreground characters look blurry/fuzzy in the cinematic on PC, both aspects that are a big performance cheat.

It could be that the PS5 version just has higher quality motion vectors, and an effective higher resolution after FSR, but based on those two images at 6:03, the PC is lower quality and blurry compared to balance mode on PS5, and the PS5 despite performing better is also doing more work IMO.

Zathalus

There were missing reflections. The PS5 version wasn't badly adjusted for the system they were not referring to VRR either they were talking about forcing 60hz. I just find it funny that you think they were brutal to the xbox when they were concentrating on these inconsequential things as xbox advantages.
Where do you see the missing reflections? This is the first I’m hearing of this. I recall Callisto Protocol and Ghostwire having worse reflections on XSX but nothing about DMCV. The only other thing I recall was that the XSX was not going to have RT ready for DMCV launch, but it actually did have the RT mode after all. It skipped XSS.

I also never claimed DF were brutal towards Xbox, I said the comparisons were. As in the results, XSX got destroyed in the majority of those early day videos.

Three

I also never claimed DF were brutal towards Xbox, I said the comparisons were. As in the results, XSX got destroyed in the majority of those early day videos.
I don't see the difference between "DF were brutal" and "comparison videos from DF were brutal". This is what you said:
The first wave of comparison videos from DF for this gen were absolutely brutal towards the XSX
They were not.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I am pointing out the flaw in your argument. If its industry standard that everyone is flown out and given early access then everyone is no longer neutral. Richard was flown out by Sony for the Pro so he's no longer a neutral source? Mark Cerny was given an exclusive interview by Cerny before the PS5 reveal so he's not a neutral source? Makes no sense.

This is part of their job. It's true for every single industry including hollywood, silicon valley, and the auto industry. Richard criticizes MS more than most websites like IGN, Gamespot and Eurogamer. He does also hold Sony accountable at times. Sony has their own issues that people should be allowed to critique. They are not god and above criticism.

I didn’t even mention Sony in my initial post.

Yes, when your livelihood is dependent on access provided by the companies you are supposed to be critiquing; you are no longer a neutral source of information.

Zathalus

I don't see the difference between "DF were brutal" and "comparison videos from DF were brutal". This is what you said:

They were not.
The PS5 enjoying a 20%+ performance lead against the XSX is absolutely a brutal result from DF. I’m referring to the performance results, which is the only thing that really matters.

Where is the raytracing difference you claim DF ignored?

Let's start by acknowledging that everyone has biases and preferences, and that's fine.

While it's acceptable for Digital Foundry to have a bias, there's a threshold for acceptable levels, and the video in question clearly exceeds that.
Just a few days ago, they claimed they created similar PC settings and achieved comparable performance with Wukong.

They used an RX 6700, FSR, and 1080p resolution.

Anyone with working eyes can see it's not nearly the same image quality, and the framerate is 10% behind.
Yet they keep acting as if it's the same performance, which is really bizarre.

Richard even mentioned PS5 has low textures, maybe it's for new glasses.

Lately they have been passing that bespoke threshold of acceptable bias reporting.

They didn't study computer science, and are often confused of their own results. Experts aren't usually confused by the outcomes.

Edit: I'm not making the case that anyone shouldn't enjoy their content. WWE can be very entertaining, yet it will be with a clear understanding of the reality of the content.

Please watch the video before stating they are not biased.

EDIT 2: Should they be treated as vgzcharts? Or maybe a step above?

EDIT 3:
@TheAssist assisted with a suggestion for a disclaimer for DF.

"Digital Foundry not experts but much better then the average online poster"

EDIT 4:
Dear overlord mods, please edit the title of the thread. Should've ended with question mark instead of a dot.

I had been watching theor videos for over a year and then unsubsribed them because their videos are not objective.

They clearly are pro-PC gamers and seem to have an agenda to bash console games. In their videos they call console games even without stutters and minor FPS fluctuations at 50- 60 fps as aweful.

Also, they like to make mountain out of a molehill criticizing even good games like Horizon that dont meet ther subjective quality as bad games.

Their videos seem to suggest everyone needs to upgrade to 4090 PC to enjoy games. And this elite PC bias is the reason I unsubscribed from their videos.

Zathalus

If you don't see the huge difference between the picture quality then it might be time for new glasses. RX 6700 looks so blurry compared to the PS5. You can't really make out much detail on the big guy's face on the RX 6700, specially in that bottom pic.
It’s a sharpening filter. Static 1080p image has been confirmed by both DF and IGN/NXGamer. So has the fact that PS5 is using a mix of high/medium (but mostly high) settings. Crank the sharpness filter up on PC and you’d get the same resolve. What’s likely happening (and I’ll test this later) is that FSR2 at 100% disables the sharpening pass, as it’s likely coupled to the upscaler. 100% means no upscaling, hence no sharpening.

Three

The PS5 enjoying a 20%+ performance lead against the XSX is absolutely a brutal result from DF. I’m referring to the performance results, which is the only thing that really matters.
The actual empirical result is different from DF comparison videos being brutal and it's the latter that determines bias. When you downplay those results and concentrate on something else.
Where is the raytracing difference you claim DF ignored?
There are pictures of it you can search online for. It's mostly in puddle reflections in specific spots. Control had similar issues too because of some DXR quirks in its infancy.

Zathalus

The actual empirical result is different from DF comparison videos being brutal and it's the latter that determines bias. When you downplay those results and concentrate on something else.

There are pictures of it you can search online for. It's mostly in puddle reflections in specific spots. Control had similar issues too because of some DXR quirks in its infancy.
At the end of the day results are the only thing that matters to me. I suppose I could go over every sentence and make sure that my platform of choice gets the appropriate amount of praise, but I don’t really care. As for the RT being different, I can find zero evidence for DMCV having missing reflections. So no wonder DF didn’t mention it, because the difference doesn’t exist. If you find it, let me know.

Last edited:

Three

At the end of the day results are the only thing that matters to me. I suppose I could go over every sentence and make sure that my platform of choice gets the appropriate amount of praise, but I don’t really care.

It's not about appropriate amount of praise in sentences but pushing a narrative towards specific things to favour one over the other, sometimes even contradictory to previous stances. Your idea that they need to disclose this "affinity" otherwise they're breaking EU law is wrong too. They don't need to be sponsored for each video to disclose it like that. There was a time when Arthur Gies (remember him?) and Polygon received $750,000 from MS to make a shit documentary video about Polygon which probably didn't even cost $100k to make. Their coverage of PS4 vs Xbox One was never declared to be sponsored but still they pulled off stupid things like declaring xbox one better, giving the xbox one version of COD 5% more in review points due to "framerate differences" at console launch (which didn't even materialise in benchmarks after release). Guess how many more PS4 games launched with higher framerate and resolution on PS4 vs Xbox one? Guess how many times they gave PS4 versions of games higher scores when xbox one struggled on games, zero. A specific PS4 game even had double the framerate of its xbox one version.

Last edited:

Chad Warden

Banned
They're hacks.
And their prefers bias is tiresome. Richard is a very obvious Fanboy for Xbox and Alex has some bizarre hatred for playstation. I've seen videos where the subject as moved to songs console and his face turns literally angry .

So many articles where they always try to downplay any ps advantage, and talk up any Xbox advantage.
This was very obvious during the ps4pro and Xbox 1x days .

I'm not surprised he makes stupid ass lies to peddle how a weak pc is better than ps5 on a game that has no Xbox version, like in the op. 🤡

Last edited:

Crayon

It's not about appropriate amount of praise in sentences but pushing a narrative towards specific things to favour one over the other, sometimes even contradictory to previous stances. Your idea that they need to disclose this "affinity" otherwise they're breaking EU law is wrong too. They don't need to be sponsored for each video to disclose it like that. There was a time when Arthur Gies (remember him?) and Polygon received $750,000 from MS to make a shit documentary video about Polygon which probably didn't even cost $100k to make. Their coverage of PS4 vs Xbox One was never declared to be sponsored but still they pulled off stupid things like declaring xbox one better, giving the xbox one version of COD 5% more in review points due to "framerate differences" at console launch (which didn't even materialise in benchmarks after release). Guess how many more PS4 games launched with higher framerate and resolution on PS4 vs Xbox one? Guess how many times they gave PS4 versions of games higher scores when xbox one struggled on games, zero. A specific PS4 game even had double the framerate of its xbox one version.

Omg Arthur Gies! I forgot about him. Isn't it weird how Sony, valve and Nintendo don't have their own well known rings of hack journalists? What are the chances?

PaintTinJr

It’s a sharpening filter. Static 1080p image has been confirmed by both DF and IGN/NXGamer. So has the fact that PS5 is using a mix of high/medium (but mostly high) settings. Crank the sharpness filter up on PC and you’d get the same resolve. What’s likely happening (and I’ll test this later) is that FSR2 at 100% disables the sharpening pass, as it’s likely coupled to the upscaler. 100% means no upscaling, hence no sharpening.
As shown by the static PS5 images of balance and performance mode that Gaiff presented without labels and I analysed correctly,. even things that look the same on the face of things might not be as identical as you think to get a true resolve.

But either way, in what pipeline stage do you think this alleged PC sharpening filter that can match the resolve works? And what performance impact do you think that would have?

The image differences at 6:03 in the video would need per object sharpening behind the fog, and the fog wouldn't gain from any sharpening. It just needs a more complex fog equation/model at native and better precision zbuffer values or higher native resolution to provide a more controlled foreground to background use of fog that doesn't occlude the blurry objects. So how would a sharpening filter help with that to get even remotely close to the PS5 balance image quality with that PC?

Crayon

Logically, they'd would add a fourth panel to the usual console comparison for the PS5 pro. There were two consoles on each side of the four way split last time. I think they'd like to avoid it though.

Last edited:

Zathalus

“Pushing the narrative”, you think they are doing this and thus you view everything they do with a lens of suspicion. What seems like a perfectly innocent phrase turns into a solid indictment against them with that mindset.

Also, taking monetary payments in exchange for positive reviews and/or coverage absolutely falls afoul of EU law.

- Unfair Commercial Practices Directive
- Consumer Rights Directive
- The Audio-Visual Media Services Directive

The above directives make it clear that online reviewers need to be fair as well as genuine and unbiased. Any sort of financial sponsorship or monetary incentive needs to be fully transparent and clearly labelled as such.

Now you can argue that DF are doing shady practises and are not adhering to the law, and if evidence (real evidence not whatever people on Gaf thinks is evidence) comes to light, DF will be in trouble.

As shown by the static PS5 images of balance and performance mode that Gaiff presented without labels and I analysed correctly,. even things that look the same on the face of things might not be as identical as you think to get a true resolve.

But either way, in what pipeline stage do you think this alleged PC sharpening filter that can match the resolve works? And what performance impact do you think that would have?

The image differences at 6:03 in the video would need per object sharpening behind the fog, and the fog wouldn't gain from any sharpening. It just needs a more complex fog equation/model at native and better precision zbuffer values or higher native resolution to provide a more controlled foreground to background use of fog that doesn't occlude the blurry objects. So how would a sharpening filter help with that to get even remotely close to the PS5 balance image quality with that PC?
Those images that Gaiff posted do not look the same. The underlying settings are identical, the only difference being that performance mode has frame generation applied as well as the sharpening filter cranked up to max, which leads to textures and fine detail starting to look crunchy. It also causes heavy artifacts and pixel breakup in motion, but you can not see that from a still image.

As for what pipeline? It’s part of the TAA/TSR/FSR/DLSS/XeSS stage. Each of those upscalers and temporal AA methods have various sharpening settings applied with them all being different for some reason. Usually developers allow you to adjust or disable them as per your preference but not in this game. It’s easily solved though as you can alter or remove the sharpening pass via UUU. The impact on performance is negligible, as in zero FPS difference.

I’m not seeing any significant difference in the fog, in this or other videos from DF and NXGamer. The fog system is fully dynamic and fluid so you will need to compare across multiple videos. DF and NXGamer seem to agree it matches the high setting, although very high and cinematic offer little visual gains. It would make zero sense for the PS5 to use those higher settings either, considering the FPS issues it has in that area.

Three

Also, taking monetary payments in exchange for positive reviews and/or coverage absolutely falls afoul of EU law.

- Unfair Commercial Practices Directive
- Consumer Rights Directive
- The Audio-Visual Media Services Directive

The above directives make it clear that online reviewers need to be fair as well as genuine and unbiased. Any sort of financial sponsorship or monetary incentive needs to be fully transparent and clearly labelled as such.

Now you can argue that DF are doing shady practises and are not adhering to the law, and if evidence (real evidence not whatever people on Gaf thinks is evidence) comes to light, DF will be in trouble.
You seem to think the world is very black and white but any EU official would have a hard time connecting a previous "unrelated" payment like the Press Reset documentary to bias in any future reporting and it simply isn't worth the cost of litigation when it's not clear cut and would result in a loss.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

PlayStation 4 Pro was unveiled at an event in New York that we attended. Sony paid for travel and accommodation.

I always had a feeling DF were money-hatted by Sony.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF by NBA

Last edited:
Biased against who? Sony? They just released an article calling astro bot "Virtually flawless" and a "Joyous celebration of gaming".

Individual members of DF all lean one way or another. I never understood the "they're biased towards MS and against Sony". The problem i have with them is they have always been too afraid to criticize all devs and publishers. They don't want to bite the hands that feed them. It's an integrity issue.

Ironically, the one person that DOES criticize companies is Alex, who is also the one guy there who is obviously truly biased towards PC. He's the most smug and constantluly looking to show hpw superior PC is compared to console. Which is true and I didn"t have a problem with him until he started poo pooing the need for a PS5 Pro. As a console gamer I desperately want mid gen updates because I know how badly we need them to keep up with the PC ...higher resolution, better RT, and a better upscaling solution would do wonders in many of the games that have come out.

So I was respecting him for having a backbone until he started campaigning against the Pro which doesn't jive with his own observations as to where console is weak compared to PC ...i also can't stand his smirking and delighting over PC/console comparisons- call me insecure but its obvious in his demeanor.

John, Oliver, and the other Brit need to grow a pair and push back against devs when they do a crappy job of optomizing/not including HDR/broken hdr/shitty FSR etc aThey've been remarkably consistent in their wishy washy attitudes. They must get nice perks at their jobs is all i can say. They'll praise when somethings good. They'll mention something bad but they never take these devs to task.

Top Bottom