• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadow Warrior |OT| Who Wants Some More Wang?

sflufan

Banned
I just gotta say that this is the best FPS I've played so far this year hands-down.

Once again, a mid-tier title is showing the big boys how it's done!

Riggs

Banned
lol wtf I just saw this game on steam ... didn't even know about it

looks fucking amazing, bunny sex, bicycle destruction, advanced fish phsyics, next gen tree sway, I AM FUCKING BUYING

Also 25% off thanks to a coupon in steam inventory!!! Yay thanks Daddy!

Tacitus_

xbl9Oovl.jpg

I thought I recognized that "la-la-la-laaa"! Didn't find any way to interact though :(

I finished just now, in 20 hours at insane, well balanced in this mode, except for chapter 16(the last waves really fucked me). I'm crying of joy, well, almost...This is the best FPS I've ever played, I fall in love from the first time, when Lo Wang sing in his car. I can't think (except HL2 and episode 2) to an FPS better than this.

I'm shocked, the only cons is bosses, very spectacular but boring at insane difficult, I quicksaved a lot during that.

Tacitus_

Completed it as well. The combat was fucking awesome outside of the bosses having way too much HP, but the humor / story was lacking compared to the original.

Moff

Its a really good game and easily one of the best fps of the last years, mostly because most fps lately have been really bad. Shadow Warrior really delievers gameplay wise, but it still cant reach my favourites in the genre. but for that nice price its really awesome, I'd recommend it to anyone who even remotely likes fps.

Donos

Wtf, toally forgot this game and came in here expecting a trainwreck but the impression from the last page are all pretty good. Seems like a Call of Juarez: Gunslinger suprise which was one of my favourite FPS (for SP) of the last years.

Have to grab it soon.

Edit: going through this thread i'm probably going to need a better PC... Well, buy now play "later"...

Moff

I think gunslinger was the better shooter.

shadow warrior has great gameplay, but what bothered me was that it had too many arena-like encounters with lots of respawn. I dont like that in shooters and especially towards the end they had almost only those in shadow warrior.

54-46!

How is this game compared to Painkiller in terms of enemy encounters and level design?

I heard bad things about Hard Reset's combat so I never picked that one up.. but Shadow Warrior's intro has "The Touch" so that in itself might warrant a purchase.

Nabs

How is this game compared to Painkiller in terms of enemy encounters and level design?

I heard bad things about Hard Reset's combat so I never picked that one up.. but Shadow Warrior's intro has "The Touch" so that in itself might warrant a purchase.

I hope you kept names. The people who talked about HR need to be marked.

Tacitus_

Awesome combat outside of the boss fights which take a tad too long.

I've had a really good time with this game. But its become unfairly hard in the later stages. I think at this point Im just going to YouTube the ending

This game has been more fun and entertaining for me in the first few hours than Bioshock Infinite.

I really liked the cliched humor. I didn't expect it to hold up so well after all these years! And I agree, The Katana is one of the best weapons ever in a game!

Raptomex

The new survival mode is pretty cool. Is there a way to unlock or find more weapons in this mode? Maybe unlocking higher waves? I beat the game but suck at survival mode so far.

Thrakier

So I suddenly am encountering a weird graphical glitch. Everything is foogy and the colors are kinda fucked up. Was working fine so far till chapter 4. Any ideas?

Q8D3vil

The game is in the same league as Bioshock infinite with the shitty enemy waves except the combat is reaaaaaaaally fucking good that it make it more tolerable.

I didnt feel that the guns are weak at all except the machinegun.
Bow with Charge is insanely fucking strong.

hoggert

I didnt feel that the guns are weak at all except the machinegun.
Bow with Charge is insanely fucking strong.
I'm on chapter 14, and I have never really found a use for the SMGs outside of the bosses and those huge waves of annoying flying enemies. The damage mod plus akimbo makes them that much less of a headache.

bj00rn_

Banned
Is this game auto-levelling the enemies or what? Seems like the more I upgrade the harder it is to kill even the easiest enemies..

ArjanN

Is this game auto-levelling the enemies or what? Seems like the more I upgrade the harder it is to kill even the easiest enemies..

No, but the more magic abilities you use in a fight the faster enemies go into a rage mode where they are harder to kill and do more damage. There is a magic ability that debuffs them though.

Danneee

It's on sale on the humblebundle store. I've only played up to the third chapter but damn it's fun! Easily worth the €7.49 it cost.
A lot more like the old Build engine games than I would have thought with secrets and stuff scattered everywhere if you search around.

Asgaro

Wow, talk about an underrated game...

It's amazing! I'm in the 5th chapter and I can't get enough of it.
- Swordplay is awesome. Gunplay is equally as awesome. It's good that they encourage you to switch up between those two, to get more karma.
- The unlock system is deep.
- I love that they reward exploring. Gives it that extra touch.
- Quick save feature!

But look at those Steam stats...
http://steamcharts.com/app/233130#All
Not really a lot of players. Even the spikes during sales aren't that high... sad_panda.jpg
(Edit: it's NOT a game that requires Steam so there's that though.)

-

And tip for newcomers: I'm playing on Hard and I still find it to be quite easy. So if you are experienced with shooters, only consider Hard and above please!

Most gamers took the Normal difficulty when checking the Steam achievement percentages: quite surprised at the low rates of the achievements for Hard difficulty...

Unit24

Wow, this game released on PS4 and Xbox One with absolutely no fanfare. It's a shame nobody seems to talk about it anymore.

On that note, does anybody know exactly what was added to the console versions? I remember hearing about them having additional content and tweaks, but I can't find any specifics. And do we know if/when the PC version will be patched with the new stuff?

MMaRsu

Has anyone played this on ps4? How is it? 60fps any screen tearing?

Its 18 euros on the eu store and it looks like fun

Has anyone played this on ps4? How is it? 60fps any screen tearing?

Its 18 euros on the eu store and it looks like fun
It's awesome on ps4. Framerate is solid and it's 60fps. There is screan tearing but it happens more in certain levels. I feel like there were only a couple levels where it was bad. Game is a blast to play.

M.W.

It's awesome on ps4. Framerate is solid and it's 60fps. There is screan tearing but it happens more in certain levels. I feel like there were only a couple levels where it was bad. Game is a blast to play.

Go to know, just picked it up on PS4. Can't wait to dive in later tonight!

I can't believe the flashing HOLD ANY BUTTON TO SKIP message during cutscenes cannot be disabled. What the fuck.

On the positive side, the cheesy Wang banter is delicious.

Tizoc

Bleh guess I'll get it, just hope that crap doesn't pop up. As much as I like 60 FPS, if the hardware can't provide for both it and vsync, just gimme a 30 FPS option that will offer it =_=

I've finished SW on PS4 lately. In short: perfection for fans of original gamę and also for fans of violent, not so mindless, long, single Player focused fps. Fantastic gamę. On ps4 most of the time game keep steady 60 fps but when it comes to a showdown, game drops to 30 fps. It's visible, you will feel it also on your controller but it will never get in your way with enjoying the game. It's not as bad as it sounds. At least not in Shadow Warrior. It took me about 16 hrs to finish and right now i'm playing NG+. Hidden gem. Every fan fps genre should play this!

Picked this game up last week from the flash sale, and so far I've been very impressed with what I've played.

I'm only on chapter 10, but I really like the pacing in this game. Intense fights, separated by exploration and trying to find secrets/easter eggs.

This is what Duke Nukem forever should have been. The one liners are great, and the story is ok for what it's trying to be. Just good ol mindless fun that certain 90's shooters used to bring to the table.

Top Bottom