• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter project by Harebrained Schemes [Ended, $1.8M funded]

I've only played the SNES game, which I really liked. Setting has always intrigued me.
Still on the fence on this one due to lack of actual PC game development experience.

cj_iwakura

Loved the video. That's how you market a KS.

They've got my support.

What do they mean 2D? Like a dungeon crawler?

I'd kill for a V:TM Bloodlines Shadowrun like, myself.

Their update video says they are currently in crunch on another game "Strike Fleet Omega."

Can anyone find any info about this game? Google seems clueless. I'm interested in what this team is capable of.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
wonder if i chip in like $60 could i mail him these and get him to sign em
shadowrun.jpg

wrowa

I've always been very interested in Shadowrun, but I've never got around to play one. For someone who wants to see what the fuzz is all about, what would be the best game to get into?

daebo

I think it's safe to say we're going to get it! Less than a day and already at 247k... More than half way there. Let's hope it can do the same amount as Wasteland 2.

Gilgamesh

2013, year of the great PC RPG revival *bow*

Backed. I like the Shadowrun world but aside from dabbling with the SNES game, I don't have much experience with it.

NichM

Banned
I've always been very interested in Shadowrun, but I've never got around to play one. For someone who wants to see what the fuzz is all about, what would be the best game to get into?

Weisman saying he's using the SNES one as an inspiration is the entire reason I'm backing this project. I loved the hell out of that game as a kid.

NichM

Banned
So. This thing looks like it'll hit in the first 24 hours.

Mm, I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if it got to $300K tonight but I don't think it'll go all the way that fast. It's a lock to happen, though, and that's more than good enough for me.

mjc

We better make sure all the whiners that pitched a fit about the FPS (the FANASTIC FPS), get in here and contribute. Time to put their money where their mouth is.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
We better make sure all the whiners that pitched a fit about the FPS (the FANASTIC FPS), get in here and contribute. Time to put their money where their mouth is.

well what they wanted was a action rpg like the originals this is turned based but eh ill support shadowrun no matter what i love the ip

Mikey Jr.

This looks like its gonna go past 400k pretty easily, possibly reaching a million.

Have they said what they would do with the extra money?

AColdDay

Weisman saying he's using the SNES one as an inspiration is the entire reason I'm backing this project. I loved the hell out of that game as a kid.

Much of the impact will be lost on fresh eyes, but that game was mind-blowing back in the 90s. The setting and dialogue system stuck with me for a long time.

Az987

all good things
Awesome!

I never played the SNES Shadowrun, is it better than the genesis one?

I had fond memories of the genesis version and bought it off ebay a few years ago. I got stuck on a part pretty early and couldn't figure out what to do so I gave up. This makes me want to go play it again.

Awesome!

I had fond memories of the genesis version and bought it off ebay a few years ago. I got stuck on a part pretty early and couldn't figure out what to do so I gave up. This makes me want to go play it again.

SNES and Sega games are both so good the difference is negligable. SNES does have that cool speech system though which is making some sort of return so its definitely worth checking out!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Awesome!

genesis version is more open but has less story where as the snes version is more focused and has a pretty long engrossing story i choose to geek fools in the snes version over the genesis

Doublefine adventure game
Wasteland 2
Leisure Suit Larry Revival
Shadowrun

Kickstarter is reviving the old school PC gaming scene.... and I am all for it!

You know what would help boost funding? Announcing that big name music composer (Or Trent Reznor) will join the project if a certain level of funding is reached.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Haha, if they could get Clint Mansell on this thing I'd shit bricks.

Edit: Ed Harrison did cool stuff for Neotokyo. They should get him on this.

Gaspode_T

I remember desperately e-mailing Mitch Gitelman back when Shadowrun was in development, but I found out later they actually were in a bad position in terms of being pulled in different directions because of somewhat questionable reasons. If only I knew at the time who the right people were to escalate problems about that game to...somewhere in between Steve Ballmer and Shane Kim :p

Man, my donation to this might exceed my Double Fine one...

I bet there are a ton of people against this sort of thing. But fuck, arent their always?

But isn't this absolutely amazing the time we are in now? We actually get to witness this shift of production pipelines where they stop catering to publishers and go straight for the gaming communities. These videos are essentially pitches that they'd have to throw at the publishers, but are presented to the gamers in hope of funding. This is a bright time for the industry... I can't wait to see how firstly Schafers project comes together.

Maybe im just too optimistic atm.

You know what would help boost funding? Announcing that big name music composer (Or Trent Reznor) will join the project if a certain level of funding is reached.

As great as Trent Reznor would be, I would imagine that he'd be impossible to get. Trent was originally going to do sound design/ music for Doom 3, but he had to pull out because of some clause in his contract with the recording company that he is signed to. Or some nonsense like that.

Top Bottom