• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadows of the Damned - |OT| of Demons and Girlfriends from Hell

meltingparappa said:
It's because we live in a bizarro universe where the gameplay of RE4, the story of Killer 7 and the music of Silent Hill makes people yawn and say they'll wait for $40.

I'm leaving work early tomorrow so I can blaze through what may be the last good game (not titled Catherine) until October.
nah, they actually say "bububububbut there's no multiplayer so i'll wait for $40"

~Kinggi~

Banned
dreamfall said:
Question- in that YouTube song description, there is a link to download the full soundtrack. It's 12 tracks and is pure bliss- but is this the same preorder collection of tracks on the soundtrack?
That download isnt technically legal, and yes it is the same.

Draft

You know what, fuck it. Main theme is too hot, Mikami is too awesome, Suda is too awesome, games that look like RE4 are too awesome, Akira is too awesome. Copped the Xbox version at a high price. Lets support true Nippon game development.

dreamfall

~Kinggi~ said:
That download isnt technically legal, and yes it is the same.

Hmmm alright. I've had it pre-ordered for a long time, specifically for the soundtrack. Dream collaboration commences tomorrow!

MYE said:
I'm completely okay with this if those 8 hours are enjoyable.

Shadows of the Damned is like having hot sex with Kate Upton for 8 hours. And being the biggest, baddest motherfucker alive. AT THE SAME TIME.

Tokubetsu

polyh3dron said:
nah, they actually say "bububububbut there's no multiplayer so i'll wait for $40"

Renting it from gamefly. If I like it, I'll keep it for whatever price they have up. I'm not a Suda fan so that's why no Day one from me.

If my copy from Gamefly doesn't reach me tomorrow, I'll go out and buy it, if it does, I'll simply rent it. I'll let good ol' Sky Daddy decide my fate.

MechaX

What, what the fuck? It comes out tomorrow? TOMORROW?!

EA, what in the fuck have you been doing over here? God damnit, if I had known this was coming out soon, I wouldn't have dropped $50 for the Gamestop B2G1 sale.

Edit: Sweet jesus mother of God. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn in that main theme. Silent Hill TOTAL.

... I'm going to GameStop tomorrow.

Draft said:
You know what, fuck it. Main theme is too hot, Mikami is too awesome, Suda is too awesome, games that look like RE4 are too awesome, Akira is too awesome. Copped the Xbox version at a high price. Lets support true Nippon game development.
I'm tempted to do the same

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Attackthebase said:
If my copy from Gamefly doesn't reach me tomorrow, I'll go out and buy it, if it does, I'll simply rent it. I'll let good ol' Sky Daddy decide my fate.

Support the industry, buy a game once in a while :).

My copy is coming in the mail tomorrow courtesy of Amazon. Fairly excited, don't know what to expect. Need to finish Infamous 2 as well.

MUST... NOT... LISTEN TO SOUNDTRACK!

And the EVE Incarna patch is hitting in three hours. Downtime is going to last 10+ hours! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

Draft said:

The only way japanese games aimed at western gamers will continue to get made is if western gamers decide they aren't going to wait for a price drop. Thank you.

Curufinwe

Bah, I only have two podcasts to listen to at work tomorrow, so I could listen to the Damned Soundtrack instead except Amazon hasn't sent me the code to download it on the same day they shipped the game like they said they would.

legbone

oh man. that theme song is the shit. i love good music in a game. i swear, kick ass music can take a 6 game and make it a 7 or 8 for me. for example, i loved wet and a lot of that had to do with the music. i really have to resist buying this. i just picked up bulletstorm today and my backlog is really out of control. damn, what to do, what to do.

Aske

Nice to see word of mouth and great reviews scores are starting to give this game momentum. Hopefully this hype train will keep rolling as more GAF impressions hit the thread. Maybe Shadows of the Damned will pull a Demons' Souls and be propelled to success on (gasp) nothing but the strength of the product and the appreciation of those who play it.

Aske said:
Nice to see word of mouth and great reviews scores are starting to give this game momentum. Hopefully this hype train will keep rolling as more GAF impressions hit the thread. Maybe Shadows of the Damned will pull a Demons' Souls and be propelled to success on (gasp) nothing but the strength of the product and the appreciation of those who play it.
That's a ton of wishful thinking. We should be glad it sells half of NMH.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
dreamfall said:
Question- in that YouTube song description, there is a link to download the full soundtrack. It's 12 tracks and is pure bliss- but is this the same preorder collection of tracks on the soundtrack?

Edit: not technically legal. Everyone go fucking preorder it!
Yeah. I did my part.

Now we play the waiting game

legbone

is it just me, or did ea just send this and alice out to die during summer with no advertising whatsoever? good thing word of mouth and gaf are doing the job. these are two titles i would have let pass me by like many others if it hadn't been for the word of mouth. fucking ea. oh well.

edit: ha ha, looks like we are thinking alike.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
sillymonkey321 said:
No demo
no advertising
no talk about it on the gaming podcasts

stealth launch Xo
Same thing as Alice. Can't wait for EA to be pissed that Alice and Shadows don't sell

dreamfall

Synless said:
Yeah, I was holding out though. You never know these days.

This! It's nice enough to be a multiple-console owner, but I always choose wrongly. Picking up the pre-order on 360, but I may stray if there are major differences. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter- Suda is god-like, and this game shall be marvelous!

MYE said:
I'm completely okay with this if those 8 hours are enjoyable.

It took me closer to 10 hours, and I'd say just over 9 of those were terrifically enjoyable. One or two pretty awful bits blot its copybook a little, but the core combat is so much fun you'll forgive its foibles.

And the Sushi Lamp is a thing of wonder.

Kajiba

My shit shipped man. Be playing it this morning when i get home. I hope the people who said they're going to buy this actually buy it. Support fucking grasshopper so they can make more awesome games please.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
im a good chunk into it and its fucking awesome so far..Id recommend starting the game on legion hunter (which i guess is hard).

legbone

question for those that have it:

is there any inventory management? am i going to be running out of ammo all the time like i do in resident evil titles? or is this just balls out, mindless fun? if it's the latter, i'm in.

legbone said:
question for those that have it:

is there any inventory management? am i going to be running out of ammo all the time like i do in resident evil titles? or is this just balls out, mindless fun? if it's the latter, i'm in.

No inventory management and not much ammo concern. I ran out of ammo for my machine gun a couple of times if only because it shoots through its payload so damn fast, but I never really hit a point in the game where I felt like I didn't have enough ammo to deal with the forces being thrown at me.

vocab

I thought this game was stuck in development hell. I remember reading about it like two years ago, and now it is out tommorow? Jesus EA.

legbone

KefkaTaran said:
No inventory management and not much ammo concern. I ran out of ammo for my machine gun a couple of times if only because it shoots through its payload so damn fast, but I never really hit a point in the game where I felt like I didn't have enough ammo to deal with the forces being thrown at me.

thanks. well, shit. that seals it. i will be picking this up tomorrow if i can find it. i hope it's actually in stores tomorrow. i watched the beginning of the game up until the
late title card
and i'm intrigued. damn fine presentation they have.

Picking mine up from work tomorrow afternoon. Won't play it for a few months, but Suda needs my support. Second EA published title I've bought (Timesplitters: Future Perfect was my 1st)

Dacon

Banned
Can't wait to see impressions from folks outside journalism.

This is one of those games I kind of really want but I'm on the fence about.

Also, lol @the Big Boner.

Top Bottom