• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadows of the Damned - |OT| of Demons and Girlfriends from Hell

i just got the game and played about an hour. All i can say for now is that the game is absolutly ridiculous. Not in a bad but in an amazing way.

- the gameplay is great! Its like RE4 but you can walk while aiming
- the music is amazing!
- the dialog is fucking great! Johnson is so hilarious, hes even better than Weasley ;)
- the athmosphere is damn good! if you play that game at night with lights off it might freak you out ( at least im freaking out cause im not used to that kind of athmo xD)

i will play a little more tomorrow, ill report if my impression changes.

Pranay

RaGMasTeR90 said:
i just got the game and played about an hour. All i can say for now is that the game is absolutly ridiculous. Not in a bad but in an amazing way.

- the music is amazing!
- the dialog is fucking great! Johnson is so hilarious, hes even better than Weasley ;)
- the athmosphere is damn good! if you play that game at night with lights off it might freak you out
( at least im freaking out cause im not used to that kind of athmo xD)

Thats Great

Hyped !

RaGMasTeR90 said:

- the music is amazing!
- the athmosphere is damn good! if you play that game at night with lights off it might freak you out ( at least im freaking out cause im not used to that kind of athmo xD)

How are you finding the combat and camera placement? The camera placement in enclosed areas looked a little dodgy in the Playr review.

Despera

Banned
All I'm gonna say is that this is a gamer's game in the purest sense. It's all about the gameplay!

Currently in Act 3 - Chapter 2.

People say the game is like re4 but does that involve item management? And what is the ammo situation. Or is this game just pure action

Teknoman

Despera said:
All I'm gonna say is that this is a gamer's game in the purest sense. It's all about the gameplay!

Yup day 1. I know it doesnt mean much, but im going to keep supporting games like this, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Hard Corps Uprising...games that are just fun to play from start to finish and dont take themselves too seriously.

Furio53

Teknoman said:
Yup day 1. I know it doesnt mean much, but im going to keep supporting games like this, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Hard Corps Uprising...games that are just fun to play from start to finish and dont take themselves too seriously.

It means a lot to the guys and gals who worked on this game, I can tell you that.

Teknoman said:

Dude, I am right there with you. It's games like Shadows of the Damned (and the other titles that you mentioned) that make me still play a video game from time to time. I hope we never see the end of games that are quirky and fun to play!

Despera

Banned
robotzombie said:
People say the game is like re4 but does that involve item management? And what is the ammo situation. Or is this game just pure action
Nope, no inventory management.

Ammo is scattered all over the place + enemies drop ammo occasionally + you can buy ammo from the merchant. In short, ammo is the least of your worries.

Also, there's an abundance of Liquor, which recovers your health.

Bear in mind that this is on Normal.

Despera said:

DID SOMEONE SAY HYPE?

HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

iavi

DID SOMEONE SAY HYPE?

HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

Couple that statement with the sound of this game's OST and we've got a straight case of gaming nirvana on our hands, people. Pure. fucking. nirvana. So much hype.

This main theme is so boss. so boss.

Mindlog

I'm not going to lie. I stumbled onto this game/thread buy accident. It's a wonder that this could be so far under the radar. EA must have some sort of new radar-absorbing material in its toy-chest.

Himself

Teknoman said:

AMEN. This is my philosophy as well.

And I hope it somehow reaches/helps the developers when we do buy these games within the first few weeks of release rather than waiting for a price drop. Especially when it is a niche title or not likely to sell well.

It's far, far more important to me to support the people making good games nowadays than it is for me to save $10-20 down the line and have the game not sell well.

If my one purchase makes a difference anyway...

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Since there are copies of the game floating around at some stores, has anyone looked into whether the 360 or PS3 version is better yet? I'd assume the 360 version is better since it's on UE3, but ya never know...

randomwab

DID SOMEONE SAY HYPE?

Seriously this. Give me this game. Just let me lay here and put it straight into my veins. I feel like the Awesome Reach video. Friday can't come soon enough. Someone freeze me until it's the end of the week.

derFeef said:
Screw it, I hope it has english dub on disc. Bought.

the german/austrian version does fwiw.

this game is so good. people you need to buy this if you're sick of games being treated like 2nd rate movies.
I am at 3-3 right now and it only gets better. dat shotgun :D

derFeef

mescalineeyes said:
the german/austrian version does fwiw.

this game is so good. people you need to buy this if you're sick of games being treated like 2nd rate movies.
I am at 3-3 right now and it only gets better. dat shotgun :D
Thank you my compatriot, very nice.

Kambing

RaGMasTeR90 said:

- the music is amazing!

Thanks for the impressions meng. I am going to cave in and get it day one now >.< Free soundtrack baby. Let the hype begin!

mescalineeyes said:
It's a scary, less repetitive RE4-ish No More Heroes with Silent Hill music.

WHY ISNT THIS THREAD AT 100 PAGES?! :(
It's because we live in a bizarro universe where the gameplay of RE4, the story of Killer 7 and the music of Silent Hill makes people yawn and say they'll wait for $40.

I'm leaving work early tomorrow so I can blaze through what may be the last good game (not titled Catherine) until October.

Solune

mescalineeyes said:
It's a scary, less repetitive RE4-ish No More Heroes with Silent Hill music.

WHY ISNT THIS THREAD AT 100 PAGES?! :(
I'm pretty hyped but with the recent no new game + that kind of set off an alarm. You could also probably blame EA for the lack of promotions and advertising.

dochuge

You know I knew this was going to be a good game. Got interested in the visual imagery of this game early on and have watched a ton of vids that I could find. Yeah, probably spoiled a bit of it for me but I always got the impression that everything about it was just damn solid. Also looked like it was pretty linear (which accordingly it is) which is somewhat disappointing. This has been one of my most highly anticipated titles of the last few months. I'm gonna take my sweet time with this one.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Solune said:
You could also probably blame EA for the lack of promotions and advertising.
I don't know about anywhere else, but it and Alice have been plastered all over the European websites I read for weeks.

But anyway, day one to continue working through the Alice/Shadows/Dungeon Siege/El Shaddai/Catherine/From Dust best June-July of the generation.

Solune

D2M15 said:
I don't know about anywhere else, but it and Alice have been plastered all over the European websites I read for weeks.

But anyway, day one to continue working through the Alice/Shadows/Dungeon Siege/El Shaddai/Catherine/From Dust best June-July of the generation.
Outside of this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430251, I have literally seen nothing. Also given so many reactions in this thread were "This is out already?!" I'd say there in the same wagon. Although I knew about the release I was surprised that nobody knew despite the game being on their radar.

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
They really need to do some TV ads or at least a cheap web campaign. A demo wouldn't hurt either.

Yeah, web advertisement and a demo should at least be going on. I haven't even seen Facebook ads! Haha.

MYE

This or Alice?

This or Alice?

This or Alice?

This or Alice?

This or Alice?

This or Alice?

This or Alice?

This or Alice?

This or Alice?

arghh

edit: I hear its very short?

Curufinwe

Has anyone who pre-ordered from Amazon got their code for the soundtrack yet?

I got an email from them two hours ago saying my order has shipped, but nothing about the code for the pre-order bonus.

dreamfall

Serenade said:
The main theme was posted in the other thread.

Sounds good to me considering the territory .But tbh, I have no business questioning music from Grasshopper regardless.

Question- in that YouTube song description, there is a link to download the full soundtrack. It's 12 tracks and is pure bliss- but is this the same preorder collection of tracks on the soundtrack?

Edit: not technically legal. Everyone go fucking preorder it!

Top Bottom