• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

Szadek

I still use my gold for Take Two since still need a lot of cards from the standard set.
My 20k dust will come in handy either way.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Game is up! 200g per Elite2 AI victory = 1400 free gold. Also they changed Arisa's VO. I like the new one a bit better, but I miss the old gasp.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I don't think Daria is the problem per se. She's powerful, but not broken. It's the prevalence of early game spellboosting that also controls the board that becomes a problem. I would've been ok with a piercing, levi, or clarke nerf. And I'd much rather they undernerf than overnerf. All things considered, I'm ok with their decision.

Not being able to T4 piercing denies one extra 1-1, 2 face damage, and 1 spellboost. Plus, the gap between a 1pp spell and 2pp is huge. 1pp's are basically free because you gain the mana back on just one spellboost card and can end up being able to play both at the same time. 2pp spells don't scale that way.

Right some of the ugliest Daria games are the ones where you could have dropped 2 runes, crimson, x followers and still have enough mana for turn 5 Daria.

Interestingly I've seen tons of Dimension Shift today - I guess that's the price we pay for no roach to keep it in check.

Right some of the ugliest Daria games are the ones where you could have dropped 2 runes, crimson, x followers and still have enough mana for turn 5 Daria.

Interestingly I've seen tons of Dimension Shift today - I guess that's the price we pay for no roach to keep it in check.

When I played Shadowverse a lot, it wasn't Roach that killed my Dimension Shift deck a lot. It was Aggro Havencraft. Such BS.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
As a Ramp Dragon main with extra teched wards, I actually did ok vs roach and daria. Hopeless in the dshift matchup so this nerf is probably hurting me a lot lol.

Just starting out, after opening all the beginning packs, here's my legendaries.

Aurelia
Forte
Imperial Dragoon
Bloody Mary
Bloodhungry Matriarch

Keep or reroll?

Lyng

What kind of a deck do I need to beat the winged wolfs in the Arisa continued story? Keep getting rushed down and they seem to be able to remove all my minions. Bloody bats haha.

Szadek

Just starting out, after opening all the beginning packs, here's my legendaries.

Aurelia
Forte
Imperial Dragoon
Bloody Mary
Bloodhungry Matriarch

Keep or reroll?
Hm... not an easy choice.
Outside of Dragoon, the cards are pretty good, although Mary and Matriarch aren't very popular right now.
The problem is that they only get played in very expensive decks that I wouldn't really recommand for new players.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
What kind of a deck do I need to beat the winged wolfs in the Arisa continued story? Keep getting rushed down and they seem to be able to remove all my minions. Bloody bats haha.
Do you have Angelic Barrages? It's a silver card. Making a dragon deck will Dragon Wings (a bronze) can also probably work to get you out of the early game.

Lyng

Do you have Angelic Barrages? It's a silver card. Making a dragon deck will Dragon Wings (a bronze) can also probably work to get you out of the early game.

Yeah ended up just going for a deck with angelic barrage and tons of other damage to minions deck. WOn without much trouble.

I don't know if it's OK to ask here, but I've just started and spent all the tickets from tutorials and got these legendaries:

Dark Angel Olivia
Dark Dragoon Forte
Doria, Dimensional Witch
Dragonsong Flute
Imperial Dragoon
Sahaquiel

I initially want to play Forestcraft, but looks like I've got some decent Dragoncraft cards. Is it good enough to start playing Dragoncraft?

=================
Where should I ask this "is it worth it" question later? :/

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I don't know if it's OK to ask here, but I've just started and spent all the tickets from tutorials and got these legendaries:

Dark Angel Olivia
Dark Dragoon Forte
Doria, Dimensional Witch
Dragonsong Flute
Imperial Dragoon
Sahaquiel

I initially want to play Forestcraft, but looks like I've got some decent Dragoncraft cards. Is it good enough to start playing Dragoncraft?

=================
That's a lot of Ds! Forte is your only Dragoncraft legendary that is currently considered top tier. That said, your other Dragoncraft legendaries all have the potential to be top tier in the future, given the right support. Olivia is also a great neutral legendary that you can splash into many decks and is once again not top tier, but definitely has that potential. You'll see that theme repeated a lot in regards to Shadowverse cards. You also have to remember that what is top tier in the meta does not necessarily apply to you. For instance, why is Forte currently a good Dragoncraft card? She allows you to build an aggressive deck that attempts to end the game with back-to-back Forte hits. Naturally, this doesn't work as well when you only have one, so you'll have to see if she fits your strategy to begin with if you want to include her in your deck.

So in the short term, your legendaries are more than good enough to start blasting fellow newbies. In the long-term, 3/6 legendaries are currently top tier while the other 3 are mid-tierish (and the status of all 6 could change by the very next set!).

I personally climbed to high C with pretty much Dragonsong Flute alone.

I killed them with my White Wolf Homecoming deck - I haven't even aplied any changes to it yet :)

You just need good starting hand to trade early aggro stuff and turn 2 Yurius they always had.

Proper tempo forest probably would have it even easier.

Szadek

Dark Angel Olivia
Dark Dragoon Forte
Doria, Dimensional Witch
Dragonsong Flute
Imperial Dragoon
Sahaquiel

=================
Olivia is great and forte is very popular in dragon decks.
Daria is very important for a tier 1 deck.

Flute and Dragoon are pretty Bad, but Sahaquiel often gets played in ramp dragons.

I would say keep it.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Honestly one suggestion to new players I would make is IF YOU REALLY REALLY are enjoying the game and feel like you want to play for the long haul invest 10 bucks on it and use that to pull a single pack a day for 50 cents.

I did this for 3 months so 30 bucks total and had over 18k vials from the high value cards I dont care for from the packs plus the free stuff the game has given over time

I'm not sure if it's good idea. Prebuilt decks for some of the factions are much better value since they give you 2 legendaries and bunch of gold into craft of your choice.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
For forest if you buy 3 prebuild decks you will have all the legendary and gold that you need for a competitive deck.

I think Haven have the worst prebuild, no one ever use Joan, and the other legendary only used in storm deck, which is pretty meh at the moment.

Matesma and Date Masamune sleeves/emblems are the March rewards.

Also pack tickets for the upcoming expansion are some of the score rewards. Pretty cool that they're giving people a chance to get some free packs for it by release. And they've been giving out free packs at the beginning of each expansion (like 10 iirc) so that's a nice head start.

I have around 5k gold saved already, but I'm thinking I might spend like half on DE packs since I need quite a few legendaries from there as well.

Luigi87

Bluh, the first dragon revealed is for Discard Dragon... I mean while that deck technically needs bolstering still, RoB was all about Discard Dragon.

Szadek

That havecarft legendary is kind of scary.
Crystalia Erin looks pretty good for a control deck.

The bloodcraft card looks great as well. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets used like golbin mage was in OTK forest.

Luigi87

I'm guessing they started with Haven since they hard to wait, and all they got was Eidolon.
But yeah, that is pretty scary...

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
A great alternative to Seraph that doesn't require the entire deck to be built around it. I wouldn't be too worried about it under any other class, but Haven already has so many wards and heals to beat back aggro...

Ok maybe this on t6 in Dragoncraft would've been too scary too lol.

So in the short term, your legendaries are more than good enough to start blasting fellow newbies. In the long-term, 3/6 legendaries are currently top tier while the other 3 are mid-tierish (and the status of all 6 could change by the very next set!).

Olivia is great and forte is very popular in dragon decks.
Daria is very important for a tier 1 deck.

Flute and Dragoon are pretty Bad, but Sahaquiel often gets played in ramp dragons.

I would say keep it.

Thanks for the reply! Decided to keep it. Right now the Flute single-handedly wins most matches for me.

That's a lot of Ds! Forte is your only Dragoncraft legendary that is currently considered top tier. That said, your other Dragoncraft legendaries all have the potential to be top tier in the future, given the right support. Olivia is also a great neutral legendary that you can splash into many decks and is once again not top tier, but definitely has that potential. You'll see that theme repeated a lot in regards to Shadowverse cards. You also have to remember that what is top tier in the meta does not necessarily apply to you. For instance, why is Forte currently a good Dragoncraft card? She allows you to build an aggressive deck that attempts to end the game with back-to-back Forte hits. Naturally, this doesn't work as well when you only have one, so you'll have to see if she fits your strategy to begin with if you want to include her in your deck.

Thanks for the detailed information! Right now I'm trying to learn and choose the playstyle I want to focus from Dragon and Rune but I find it hard to understand just from the deck recipes. Sometimes two seemingly different decks only have a few differences between;and it seems there's so many terminology that I don't know :/

Is there any thorough playing guide? Or any deck explanation?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
A great alternative to Seraph that doesn't require the entire deck to be built around it. I wouldn't be too worried about it under any other class, but Haven already has so many wards and heals to beat back aggro...

Ok maybe this on t6 in Dragoncraft would've been too scary too lol.

Yeah I'll probably slap it in my heal boost/cc deck

Szadek

Thanks for the detailed information! Right now I'm trying to learn and choose the playstyle I want to focus from Dragon and Rune but I find it hard to understand just from the deck recipes. Sometimes two seemingly different decks only have a few differences between;and it seems there's so many terminology that I don't know :/

Rune currently 3 diffferent decks:
Daria (current one of the best decks in the game):
It uses followers that get cheaper when you Spellboost them (either by playing spells or other effects) to fload the board and then play Daria to refill either hand.

D-Shift :
This stall want to stall the game until D-shift and Flame Destoryern are cheap enough.
Then the flood the board and use D-shift to take several turns in a row to win the game.

Earth Rune:
It's a control deck that use cards that either spawn Earth runes or use earth runes.
Currrenty the deck isn't all that great, but it's fun to play.

Dragoncraft has 2 major builds + the discard deck.

Ramp wants to gain extra play points/mana to summon some very strong followers as early as possible.

Aggro/face Dragon on the other hand want deal damage early on with it's followers and then finish the game with it's storm minions.

Then there is also Discard Dragon.
It uses discard effects and Dracomancer's Rites( draw for each discarded card).
The problem is that it's not very consitent and deck out can be real problem as well.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Thanks for the reply! Decided to keep it. Right now the Flute single-handedly wins most matches for me.
Glad to hear it. :) While there is a time and place to focus on bleeding edge top tier cards, I think you would miss out on a lot of cool mechanics and interactions if you don't give everything a chance.

The best way may be to just learn as you go. Every card's text can be clicked/tapped to bring up a glossary of all the relevant terms on the card. When looking at your cards, you can also switch between cards you own and all cards in the game to filter through. This will come in handy.

Here's a few examples of how you might organically learn how cards play and build together in this game:

1) Find Dragonsong Flute and see that it works with cards that cost <= 3. You then filter what you own by cost 1/2/3 and take a peek at your collection. Since DSF is an amulet, you also do a quick filter for "amulet" to find cards that interacted with it. You find Uriel, which is a gold card you don't own that can fetch an amulet from your deck. You decide it's worth/not worth the vials to craft and continue looking.

2) You see some cards that discard cards in your hand for effects. Filter by "discard" and you'll find that there are cards that have special effects if they are discarded. Figure out a way to make this all play together.

3 more cards shown on the website.As well as "Tempest of the Gods, Shadowverse's 4th card pack, will feature 104 new cards&#8212;including two original Legendaries for each class."

That blood card seems too good, especially for a bronze. Pretty much no craft can deal with a 1/4 ward on turn 2, and the 2 self damage means pretty much nothing to control blood that early. This will definitely hurt aggro decks quite a bit. Also, the nuetral legendary doesn't seem very good for 10pp.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
The 1/4 is very strong, but I'm not sure about how good it is going second vs non-aggro. But yeah, a cheap ward (and a cheap vengeance activator!) for Control Blood should not be taken lightly. It will be strong in the early game and handy in the midgame.

Zeus seems very, very underwhelming. That said, I do feel like maybe I'm undervaluing Storm + Ward. From the perspective of ramp dragon, it does KIND OF allow you to race things like Genesis Dragon and Albert, which makes it worth thinking about. For all other classes, they pretty much get their own Genesis, which may be abusable in some fashion.

If it get's dropped with Sahaquiel then ward is wasted and 10 cost means it competes against Bahamut or Prince of Darkness for slot.

Szadek

I can't make it past 3 wins in take 2 lately.
It gets really annoying.

Doesn't help that the booster sucked as well. I only got 1 legendary from the numerous booster I opened lately and it was fucking pluto.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I can't make it past 3 wins in take 2 lately.
It gets really annoying.

Doesn't help that the booster sucked as well. I only got 1 legendary from the numerous booster I opened lately and it was fucking pluto.

what classes have you been playing? I burned all of my take two tickets and I feel pretty comfortable drafting now. I think my best avg definitely has to be with havencraft though.

Szadek

what classes have you been playing? I burned all of my take two tickets and I feel pretty comfortable drafting now. I think my best avg definitely has to be with havencraft though.
I possible I go with sword (this is how I got 2 of my 4 5-0 runs).
Failing that I go with Heaven or Shadow, some dragons as well.
If the other options are forest and rune, I go with Blood.

Pooya

I used all of my coins on a whim yesterday, lol. I managed to get tons of legendary and completed RoB and DE both, The problem is I have nothing for the new set now, I can't save coins in this game, it's no problem in HS since drop rates are awful anyway but here I must have all the emblems damn. No self control.

I hope there are more freebies when next set is patched, I need the help...

maybe if I start saving now, I get 2000 coins by the end of month.

Szadek

I used all of my coins on a whim yesterday, lol. I managed to get tons of legendary and completed RoB and DE both, The problem is I have nothing for the new set now, I can't save coins in this game, it's no problem in HS since drop rates are awful anyway but here I must have all the emblems damn. No self control.

I hope there are more freebies when next set is patched, I need the help...

maybe if I start saving now, I get 2000 coins by the end of month.
This is why I haven't touched Elite 2 yet.
Need to save the gold for the new expansion.

Top Bottom