• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

Have you been using Liza on your combo deck? If so is she useful at all beside pissing off rune craft? I been using Lily instead on my white rose deck, she is an okay 2 drop that double as removal on 6 cost.

Yeah she is also useful as turn 2 drop when going first since they can't kill it with any of the 2 dmg 2 cost removal except for heaven.

Since I only run 2 Lizas and 3 Roaches I usually don't have problem getting 1 or 2 roaches to finish opponent

Ilvocare

god man it's so fucking bizarre what a stigma runecraft has now

all I wanted to do is finish my 4 ranked matches with Runecraft

when you play Craig on turn two and the opponent's immediate reaction is to concede immediately maybe things are getting out of hand

I don't even have a daria my spellboost deck is closer to aggro than whatever Daria counts as

to be fair I'm not complaining that I won 3 ranked matches in a row with minimal effort on my part because of the bogeymans surrounding spellboost decks but it's like

I just wanna play the game and actually see if I can make this shit deck work

I have only 1 Levi, 1 Merlin and 0 Kaleidoscopic Glows ffs

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
This might be the hardest first pick in TT I've ever had. Which would you pick?

LxfSNo8.jpg

I went right.

Pooya

Amelia is way better than white paladin but whenever I picked Rogue's creed and I draw the card, I lost. It basically does nothing... but castle in the sky is probably not any better, never got that one. I guess you could draft around rogue's creed in some way too. I think left is better.

edit: probably best pack I've opened yet, it was 2 packs so I'm not sure if both were in one or not, lol.

1486735952-pack.jpg

was fishing for that Olivia emblem too. very nice.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Amelia is way better than white paladin but whenever I picked Rogue's creed and I draw the card, I lost. It basically does nothing... but castle in the sky is probably not any better, never got that one. I guess you could draft around rogue's creed in some way too. I think left is better.

edit: probably best pack I've opened yet, it was 2 packs so I'm not sure if both were in one or not, lol.

1486735952-pack.jpg

was fishing for that Olivia emblem too. very nice.
My thought process was that even if I could pick a lot of stealth dudes, Rogue's Creed is still a trap because it incentivises making bad picks. Castle is mostly useless, but at least it's dead less often and doesn't require additional draft investment. Also I was kind of hoping I could draft a Bahamut for the 14 dmg combo hehe. It hurt to give up Amelia though. I'm also pleased to report that Castle didn't even go off once the 3 times I played it lol.

Someday I'll craft an Olivia...

Luigi87

Yeah those are... I don't even.

And now I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever get the ones shown in the RoB trailer...

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Don't know how I managed a 5-0 with this deck. Three subpar 2-drops and very few reactive cards meant I had to somehow win the board on turn 3 and keep the pressure on forever. The games were super tense because at some point I had to acknowledge that the best play was to freeze their guys and go face over 2 turns. Always scary making that decision.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Those Street Fighter leaders look pretty bad lmao. so random

They didn't even bother to redraw the art so the art style will match the game. I can't believe they want money for this, it will take a lot more than this for me to replace Vania.

Szadek

They distributed 3 packs for survey and also 7 packs of RoB for game hitting 7 milions of downloads.
and I didn' even get a single golden card from them.
At least my take two run gave me a legendary. It was another fucking Fairy Princess.

I can't complain too much,thouhg, since not too long ago I got a animated Vampire Queen and Sea Queen.
For some reason the game love giving royal cards. Although ,I'm still missing Prince of Darkness. Maybe he doesn't count?

Some Nobody

They didn't even bother to redraw the art so the art style will match the game. I can't believe they want money for this, it will take a lot more than this for me to replace Vania.

Erika has long gotten old and Latham is gutter trash. I welcome Chun-Li to take over my Swordcraft deck.

Luigi87

I just wish we would get the apparent RoB leaders

Forest - Maahes
Sword - Albert
Dragon - Imperial Dragoon
Blood - Veight
Shadow - Lurching Corpse (this one amuses me)
Haven - Sarissa

4Tran

They distributed 3 packs for survey and also 7 packs of RoB for game hitting 7 milions of downloads.
I made out great with these: a Bahamut, a White Wolf, and a Daria!

I just wish we would get the apparent RoB leaders

Forest - Maahes
Sword - Albert
Dragon - Imperial Dragoon
Blood - Veight
Shadow - Lurching Corpse (this one amuses me)
Haven - Sarissa
On the other hand, not having to see yet more Daria is a pretty big plus.

Luigi87

I made out great with these: a Bahamut, a White Wolf, and a Daria!

On the other hand, not having to see yet more Daria is a pretty big plus.

True, lol
And then I realized that I forgot to list Rune's, <_<
And no, it wasn't Daria, but Anne! ... Surprisingly (and kind of makes me wish Grea would have been Dragon's).

4Tran

True, lol
And then I realized that I forgot to list Rune's, <_<
And no, it wasn't Daria, but Anne! ... Surprisingly (and kind of makes me wish Grea would have been Dragon's).
Anne's alright, but it's sad that the only time she's ever in a game is because someone played Grea. Daria dominates expensive Runecraft so much that there really isn't any room for much else.

Luigi87

Yeah... I mean, I feel grateful when I do face other Rune decks, but Daria can be overwhelming.

Though personally I feel like I would rather face a Daria deck over a D.Shift... At least with Daria I feel like I'm doing something. Against D.Shift, unless I can rush them down, I feel like I'm not accomplishing anything, then turn 7~8 comes around and it's Insights and 0 cost Fate's Hand until the 0 cost D.Shifts and some heavy hitter like Flame Destroyer.

Although I did lose to an aggro Rune yesterday... It was kind of maddening, but I was also kind of happy because I hadn't faced one of those.
Although I would have had them if they didn't go second and have the third evolve advantage for their Levi spam.

Luigi87

Wow, I got tricked hard...

Just lost to PTP Rune of all things. Thought it was a simple snowman deck, then suddenly the double PTP drop at 30 shadows on turn 9.

Luigi87

I was genuinely impressed from how caught off-guard I was.

Just ran into another one, but this person didn't play nearly as well. They also tried using Scrap Iron Smelter to generate shadows and slow me down, but it didn't really work.
They dropped a single PTP at 27 Shadows (and basically emptied their hand), but I just dropped Bahamut on it.

Szadek

I was genuinely impressed from how caught off-guard I was.

Just ran into another one, but this person didn't play nearly as well. They also tried using Scrap Iron Smelter to generate shadows and slow me down, but it didn't really work.
They dropped a single PTP at 27 Shadows (and basically emptied their hand), but I just dropped Bahamut on it.
Dirt rune decks are pretty random in general.
Sometimes they play PtP, other times prinz of darknes or Bahamut.
I guess nobody knows got to make the deck good, so they just try everything.

Luigi87

Dirt rune decks are pretty random in general.
Sometimes they play PtP, other times prinz of darknes or Bahamut.
I guess nobody knows got to make the deck good, so they just try everything.

I do feel that way about Dirt Rune decks (a part of why I hate facing them, as I never know what to expect, lol), but this one was definitely just PTP. Scrap Iron Smelter was their only Earth Rite card, the rest of the deck being draw, removal, and snowmen.

Edit: Sometimes I swear matchmaking is rigged... I finally switch back to my Dragon deck after playing Sword for a while, and suddenly I'm facing a bunch of Shadow decks, that I wasn't as Sword... My Dragon deck suffers vs. Shadow...
Edit 2: Wait, vs. AA0 Shadow... I'm barely A1 x_x
Edit 3: Lost a top-deck battle. 70pts gone.

Szadek

I do feel that way about Dirt Rune decks (a part of why I hate facing them, as I never know what to expect, lol), but this one was definitely just PTP. Scrap Iron Smelter was their only Earth Rite card, the rest of the deck being draw, removal, and snowmen.

Edit: Sometimes I swear matchmaking is rigged... I finally switch back to my Dragon deck after playing Sword for a while, and suddenly I'm facing a bunch of Shadow decks, that I wasn't as Sword... My Dragon deck suffers vs. Shadow...
Edit 2: Wait, vs. AA0 Shadow... I'm barely A1 x_x
Edit 3: Lost a top-deck battle. 70pts gone.
Oh,ok.

I'm playing (Nepthys) Shadow at A2 so... sorry I guess.
Dragon is indeed a good match up for me.

I just survived 7 turns against a Sun Heaven player after he dropped Prince of Darkness.
That was a pretty tense game.

My currently tactic against heaven is to pretend that Seraph doesn't exist.
If he plays that card (and his hand isn't totally worthless) , I will lose anyway, so I might as well hope for any other heaven deck.

Luigi87

Oh,ok.

I'm playing (Nepthys) Shadow at A2 so... sorry I guess.
Dragon is indeed a good match up for me.

I just survived 7 turns against a Sun Heaven player after he dropped Prince of Darkness.
That was a pretty tense game.

My currently tactic against heaven is to pretend that Seraph doesn't exist.
If he plays that card (and his hand isn't totally worthless) , I will lose anyway, so I might as well hope for any other heaven deck.
Seraph and Mordecai are the only reasons I can't bring myself to not have Odin in my decks... I mean ideally I should aim to win sooner, but desperate safety net.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
When my ramp dragon matches into shadow, I often will not mulligan my Odin because it's just that important in the matchup. Not sure if it's the correct play, but I've gone 5-2 recently.

Ilvocare

opened my 3 free packs

all garbage

only golds I got were Anne and Elf of the Gemstones, smh

no new silvers or golds aside from like 2 animated versions of cards I already own

RoB packs in general have just been completely fucking me over lately

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Is Eidolon usable?
Eidolon is one of many, many cards that don't currently fit into a bleeding edge top tier deck, but is very competent, playable, and has the potential to be a part of a top tier deck in the future. One of the reasons why I like SV so much is because there are lots of creative cards like this one.

Nikodemos

Thank you. Also, Eidolon of Madness has the best art this side of Descendants' Path.

I've noticed a translation error. There's a card called 'Sektor' in English. That's an overcorrection of the Japanese 'ku'. The actual name of the card should be 'Secutor' (in fact, it should be called 'Sekuutor' in Japanese as well, so that the accent falls correctly on the second-to-last vowel).

Could somebody post a ticket to the devs for this? It's a Trivial at best, but it's really bugging me.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Seems like with casual T2 play, I'm able to scrounge up 30-40k between expansions. That's usually enough to get all the bronzes and silvers. Not sure how long it'll take me to get all the golds and legendaries though.... 4 expansions/year might be a bit too fast for me, especially when I feel like this meta is still seeing shifts 2.5 months out.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Is my runecraft deck still viable? It was the standard spam spells until you can go three turns in a row deck
Not against Daria Rune or Aggro Blood because they're too fast, but Aggro Blood has sort of shifted out of the spotlight. Not sure about Combo Roach, but you should win every other matchup.

Edit: I don't play dshift at all, but I wonder how it would be vs aggro if you teched in more Fiery Chains, Ice Golems, or even minion-based spellboosts for some presence.

Seems like with casual T2 play, I'm able to scrounge up 30-40k between expansions. That's usually enough to get all the bronzes and silvers. Not sure how long it'll take me to get all the golds and legendaries though.... 4 expansions/year might be a bit too fast for me, especially when I feel like this meta is still seeing shifts 2.5 months out.

But do You need all golds and legendaries ?

Eidolon - barely used
White Wolf - niche usage in some Forest variants,
Nepthys - not used in half or more of shadow decks,
Matriatch - niche usage
Imperial Dragoon - no one uses that anymore
Daria& Albert - only true must haves
Bahamut - some control decks run it
Sahaquiel - niche usage in ramp

If we go with golds it's similar
I started buying Darkness Evolved packs week or two ago since I already have all the important stuff from RoB.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I won't be liquefying animateds or cards I don't have 3x copies of. And yeah, I definitely don't need like half of the golds and legendaries, but I'm enjoying running creative decks in A right now. There are so many cool cards in this design space that can be used to make B-tier fun decks. I'm the kind of player that will take a 55% wr with my own B-tier deck than a 60% wr with an A-tier deck.

Indeed, unless one is going for a full collection, there are so many cards that can be gotten rid of.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...bIHykwNQqpT3bisWCTW_C5I74o/edit#gid=375245335

I could get a lot of vials if I was willing to liquefy so much of my collection, lol

Edit: I do wonder if after the 4th or 5th expansions, the earlier ones will be rotated out.

I'd hope at least 8 expansions - most CCG/LCG I know don't do rotation until they get around 2k cards in card pool

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Dragon mirror in T2. They ramp for 3-4 turns and then on 10pp plays Forte -> Serpent Force -> evolve into a 10/6 Forte and wins in 2 turns. Sad thing is I had 5 dmg in hand, but couldn't cobble together 6 lol.

Luigi87

Yeah, of all the decks I say D.Shift is still the one I detest the most.
Basically my opponent is "Didn't beat me by turn 8? Well I win then."

Szadek

Seraph and Mordecai are the only reasons I can't bring myself to not have Odin in my decks... I mean ideally I should aim to win sooner, but desperate safety net.
Not a bad idea. Interestingly enough many Seraph players only run 2 copies, since the cards does nothing agaist aggresive decks.
When my ramp dragon matches into shadow, I often will not mulligan my Odin because it's just that important in the matchup. Not sure if it's the correct play, but I've gone 5-2 recently.
Aggro shadow could punish you pretty hard for that.
Yeah, of all the decks I say D.Shift is still the one I detest the most.
Basically my opponent is "Didn't beat me by turn 8? Well I win then."
The best you can do is playing your wards on turn 7-8 since they often have a hard time getting past them.

Edit: I just went 5-0 with this Dragoncraft deck.
I'm almost certian that I just got lucky,though, since I had to perfect curve everytime.

Top Bottom