• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shadowverse |OT| Anime Hearthstone now on Steam

Luigi87

Just had a long match against a Haven deck. (We both had really crappy hands for most of the match, lol)
After they healed back most the damage I dealt, they finally dropped an Elana's. I dropped my Bahamut... And then my opponent dropped their own Bahamut...
So I had to play my Odin (and tossed in Unica), which they then dropped Seraph. I was cursing at this point, lol
Fortunately I had Gabriel in hand, and boosted Unica to put a bunch of damage. My opponent then played Healing Prayer and Hollowed Dogma, and then waited.

And I waited, because I wasn't going to fall for a bait. Fortunately I called their bluff, as I knew they played several CD reduction cards earlier in the match, and they conceded, lol

Some Nobody

Oof. Those nerfs suck. Goblin Mage might have to be taken out of ForestRoach.

Piercing Rune is more of a we'll see thing. I'm leaning towards ditching it.

Also, WRT D.Shift: Why would I let my opponent live long enough to win that way anyway? Says the guy who runs Roach, AggroSword and Daria lol.

Luigi87

Yay more story.

Also woo at those nerfs. Now at least Piercing Rune can't be played with Crimson Sorcery on a turn 4 Levi evo.

4Tran

New update on the 26th with nerfs and new story update!

https://shadowverse.com/news/important/news-0074
Ouch. That Goblin Mage nerf is basically going to kill Combo Roach. I never thought that that deck was particularly troublesome so it's sad to see it go. Goblin Mage should still see play in a bunch of Aggro decks, but I think that this will be the end for Feena.

On the other hand, nerfing Piercing Rune is long overdue. It still doesn't hurt Daria enough since Levi is untouched, but at least it's something.

Some Nobody

Ouch. That Goblin Mage nerf is basically going to kill Combo Roach. I never thought that that deck was particularly troublesome so it's sad to see it go. Goblin Mage should still see play in a bunch of Aggro decks, but I think that this will be the end for Feena.

On the other hand, nerfing Piercing Rune is long overdue. It still doesn't hurt Daria enough since Levi is untouched, but at least it's something.

Nah, Roach is way worse. Combo Roach reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh--it relies on one major thing (and a minor thing in Ancient Elf) it's exceptionally consistent with. Three Roach. Three Goblin Mage, which is basically another Roach. And 2-3 Feena, which is still basically "put a Roach in your hand". With ONLY 40 cards in your deck, there's a 1/5 chance you have Roach, and that percentage rises for every turn you get closer to actually being able to pull off the combo at T7/T8.

People are afraid of Daria, but coming from YGO I'm not impressed by Daria at all. She's a GOOD card, but she's mostly kinda lucksacky. Sure the +4 is great, but from the persepctive of someone who left YGO fairly recently--you can't shuffle the spares back into the deck (so it IS possible--trust me---to have to banish two spare Darias), and you can't choose the cards you get. YGO would likely let a Daria equivalent do BOTH those things. Sure: You've gotten destroyed by a Daria player who got a second Daria, Blade Mage, Witchette, Ogler, and Wind Blast. But there's a good chance you also played a Daria player who got Clarke, Clarke, Craig, Magic Missile, Levi. And that player probably got stomped.

Even this Piercing Rune hit is kind of a joke. It assumes you draw Piercing Rune opening hand or by T4 in time to use it with Levi, which I've seen and taken advantage of, but it's certainly not common. It hurts the deck, but it's a deck that relies on happenstance to begin with.

Szadek

Ever looked atany tier lists?
Because aggro/combo roach is sitting on top of all of them.
This is a good way to nerf this deck.

The Piercing Rune nerf is good as well, but I was hoping for a bit more.

Pooya

9 piecing rune, 6 feena, 9 goblin mage. I had them all starred lol. hearthstone taught me how to be ready for these things. Very obvious nerfs. If it was Blizzard they wouldn't give dust back for Feena though! good on cy games.

I probably had more copies but dust them early days of the expansion.

Damn that Goblin Mage nerf hit my earth deck a bit since it sorta lowers my ability to reliably pull Dwarf Alchemist for those "God I need a earth sigil." moments.

Hmm I think forest will mostly swap into tempo - you don't need 3 roaches if you can deal 8 dmg to face dropping Cynthia on board with 4 fairies.

Luigi87

Forest regressing back to DE.
... Fortunately I still have my Forest Tempo deck! Just could probably use some updating with some RoB cards.

Luigi87

Just opened my daily free pack and it had Zirnitra and Rose Queen in it.

Won't really use them, but hey, more for my collection.
Also, second Hare of Illusions, so maybe I'll try one of those rabbit decks, lol

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
sick of hearthstone, I decided to start this game. What a mistake, this game is awesome. And so many free cards.

The only sad part is how much of a pain in the ass it is to link my steam account to IOS. Wish they would just make an account system.

Szadek

sick of hearthstone, I decided to start this game. What a mistake, this game is awesome. And so many free cards.

The only sad part is how much of a pain in the ass it is to link my steam account to IOS. Wish they would just make an account system.
It's apple fault. It was pretty easy, but cygames had to change it
Have they solved random app shutdown problem on ios ?
The game crashed on my not too long ago, so I guess not (unless it's just my iphone)
It happens very rarely, so it's not a huge issue.

Edit:
1. They are currently runnning a granblue fantasy promotion, which means free stuff for us!

2.I went 5-0 with this Swordcraft Deck
Shouldn't be much of a suprise, since the deck has very strong early game + Albert

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I tried to play arena for the first time, got my ass kicked, then accidentally quit out of the run after 3 losses because I thought it meant quit the game lol.

Getting my 20 private wins thanks to random reddit users!

Szadek

I tried to play arena for the first time, got my ass kicked, then accidentally quit out of the run after 3 losses because I thought it meant quit the game lol.

Getting my 20 private wins thanks to random reddit users!
Arena can very hard for new players to get into.
I found this Take Two Guide on reddit.
It should help you quite a bit.

Didn't realize they were doing a Granblue event in Shadowverse.

They're also doing a Shadowverse event in Granblue.

Actually everything Cygames has crossovers of their games all over the place...

Luigi87

Didn't realize they were doing a Granblue event in Shadowverse.

They're also doing a Shadowverse event in Granblue.

Actually everything Cygames has crossovers of their games all over the place...

Yep!
It's generally theorized since Rise of Bahamut was obviously a Rage of Bahamut expansion, that the next expansion (which should be announced early March) will be Granblue Fantasy themed.

Things from Granblue I can see in Shadowverse. If you don't play Granblue knowing these names doesn't matter much as they're really just names. Spoilered some special details which have connections to Shadowverse

Yggdrasil = Forestcraft
Celeste = Shadowcraft
Luminera = Havencraft
Leviathan = Dragoncraft
Colossus = Runecraft
The Grand Order = Dragoncraft or Havencraft
Lady Grey = Shadowcraft
She has the spirit of her dead husband floating around her like Luna.
Rosetta = Forestcraft or Bloodcraft...most likely Forest
Lecia = Swordcraft
Her predecessor Monika is already a card in as Swordcraft in the game
Narmaya = Forestcraft
Vira = Bloodcraft?
Lyria = Runecraft
Black Knight = Swordcraft

Just throwing things and ideas around.

Some Nobody

At some point they should make AI a bigger part of this. Like, maybe come up with cute little bosses we could face for missions?

Luigi87

Things from Granblue I can see in Shadowverse. If you don't play Granblue knowing these names doesn't matter much as they're really just names. Spoilered some special details which have connections to Shadowverse

Yggdrasil = Forestcraft
Celeste = Shadowcraft
Luminera = Havencraft
Leviathan = Dragoncraft
Colossus = Runecraft
The Grand Order = Dragoncraft or Havencraft
Lady Grey = Shadowcraft
She has the spirit of her dead husband floating around her like Luna.
Rosetta = Forestcraft or Bloodcraft...most likely Forest
Lecia = Swordcraft
Her predecessor Monika is already a card in as Swordcraft in the game
Narmaya = Forestcraft
Vira = Bloodcraft?
Lyria = Runecraft
Black Knight = Swordcraft

Just throwing things and ideas around.

Leviathan is already a Dragoncraft card, lol

Lyng

This game is so good! Fells alot less random then Hearthstone. Currently flying up the ranks with a Daria deck. Great fun

Szadek

This game is so good! Fells alot less random then Hearthstone. Currently flying up the ranks with a Daria deck. Great fun
It is a lot less random.
You usually have more control over these effects as well (either by building you deck a certain way or by manipuating the state of the board).

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
It does suck that when I tell people that SV is a lot less random, in the back of my mind I immediately think about Lurching Corpse, Necroassassin, and Tribunal.

KuroNeeko

Still climbing.

I've been playing a lot more Nephthys Necro and Storm Bishop, but my first love is still Control Vampire.

Bishop is almost at 100 and Necro is at 78 or so.

Sucks, sucks, SUCKS that D-Shift is coming back into the meta. Yeah, Dorothy is dumb, but at least it's somewhat inconsistent. D-Shift is just dumb. Hope Cygames gives Witch a better identity in the next expansion.

Szadek

It does suck that when I tell people that SV is a lot less random, in the back of my mind I immediately think about Lurching Corpse, Necroassassin, and Tribunal.
You usually play them when there is only 1 follower on the field or several huge targets where it doesn't really matter what you hit either way, so it's not a big deal most of the time.
Besides, many people already cut Necroassassin or even Lurching Corpse.

KuroNeeko

The only decks that run LC and NC are Last Word Necromancer and Nephythys. The latter is tier 3 as it typically suffers against Bishop, Dorothy, D-Shift, and OTK Elf. LC can be a good counter against Ancient Elf, but it and it's 3 pp kin are just too awkward to use consistently. Also hurts that LW and Nephythys run very few late game control cards--relying almost exclusively on Nephew and More to win the game at the cost of Odin, Baha, Satan, etc.

It's a fun deck, and some more tempo-based variants are decent, but it's still an expansion or two away from competitive.

Pooya

I beat my opponent through khawy and death's breath at 19hp by 3 dshifts.... I could feel he's smashing his phone/pc or whatever.... fun and interactive.

with that said, those were some hard turns.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
You usually play them when there is only 1 follower on the field or several huge targets where it doesn't really matter what you hit either way, so it's not a big deal most of the time.
Besides, many people already cut Necroassassin or even Lurching Corpse.
Yeah, that's what happens like 80% of the time. Actually Necro and Lurching Corpse isn't so bad, but I hate the Haven card. The number of times I've lost to a hail mary Tribunal while rushing down a Seraph deck on turn 7/8 and lose by a few points of damage is too damn high.

Szadek

The only decks that run LC and NC are Last Word Necromancer and Nephythys. The latter is tier 3 as it typically suffers against Bishop, Dorothy, D-Shift, and OTK Elf. LC can be a good counter against Ancient Elf, but it and it's 3 pp kin are just too awkward to use consistently. Also hurts that LW and Nephythys run very few late game control cards--relying almost exclusively on Nephew and More to win the game at the cost of Odin, Baha, Satan, etc.

It's a fun deck, and some more tempo-based variants are decent, but it's still an expansion or two away from competitive.
I cut 4 drops from my Nephythys a while ago and some recent tournament players even removed Lurching Corpse and Attendant of Night.
For now I'm sticking with my build that runs 3 Impious Reurrections.

OTK forest is actually a good match up, since the usually have a hard time dealing with Death's Breath.
The additonal wards I'm playing right now help as well.

Daria isn't too bad either, unless the have the god hand and draws ,but that doesn't happen that often.

Missing Odin in Satan isn't a big,since you have Mordecai has your victory condition and you have enough expensive cards as it is anyway.
Not having odin is a huge problem against Seraph and in mirror matches.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I held my Yurius (Yuriuses? Yurii?) because of Blackened Scripture and was richly rewarded.

uRoPhIS.jpg

KuroNeeko

Yeah, I've been playing with IR as well, but still running the AoNs. TBH, I don't like the three Mana slot. I don't like the 1/4 or the 1/1 that LWs into a Lich. I think I like 2678 that uses ghost riders and drops both the low tempo 3 and 4 drops / urds. I hate that D-Shift will probably be coming back with the "nerf) to Dorothy.

Ive been toying around with a build that uses Call of the Void, Ghostly Grasp, and Voices of Resentment along with Altered Fate--its fun, but frustrating at times. Good surprise factor.

Fun expansion, outside of ALBERT, GEM, and non-Eart Witch lol. Hope I can start using Bloody Mary again next expac.

I cut 4 drops from my Nephythys a while ago and some recent tournament players even removed Lurching Corpse and Attendant of Night.
For now I'm sticking with my build that runs 3 Impious Reurrections.

OTK forest is actually a good match up, since the usually have a hard time dealing with Death's Breath.
The additonal wards I'm playing right now help as well.

Daria isn't too bad either, unless the have the god hand and draws ,but that doesn't happen that often.

Missing Odin in Satan isn't a big,since you have Mordecai has your victory condition and you have enough expensive cards as it is anyway.
Not having odin is a huge problem against Seraph and in mirror matches.

Szadek

I don't mind the 3 mana spot too much, but I get why some people wouldn't like it.
If you want to play 2678 you should consider playing Balor. It's a decent cards and adding aoe to your nep isn't bad either.

Today I also saw a deck list that run 2578 with Goblinmount and Cerberus.

KuroNeeko

I don't mind the 3 mana spot too much, but I get why some people wouldn't like it.
If you want to play 2678 you should consider playing Balor. It's a decent cards and adding aoe to your nep isn't bad either.

Today I also saw a deck list that run 2578 with Goblinmount and Cerberus.

So it runs Phantom Howl for Burst? I recently crafted my third Cerb and see why she is so popular. I HATE seeing her show up during Neph, but she's soooo good. Hope Necromancer gets a viable, non-aggro build (lol Tyrant) next expac as it seems like she'd be a fun third class to main (with Vamp and Bishop).

Pooya

I've been opening more bahamut packs to get more Feena and piercing rune... damn it's like every pack has both lol.

I have like 20 of each now.... that's like 8000 vials...yay. Nerfing gold cards is probably a better deal for cygames than silver cards.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
^ OR the classic my stealth can dodge random effects play.

I've been opening more bahamut packs to get more Feena and piercing rune... damn it's like every pack has both lol.

I have like 20 of each now.... that's like 8000 vials...yay. Nerfing gold cards is probably a better deal for cygames than silver cards.
I was seriously contemplating this... Need to do the math to see if it's worthwhile.

Edit: Did the math, wasn't worthwhile. Bought 10 packs anyway because I've been itching to spend my gold. I got 2 of each silver, but then an additional animated of each. Too bad animateds aren't worth even more bonus vials haha.

Armaros

So it runs Phantom Howl for Burst? I recently crafted my third Cerb and see why she is so popular. I HATE seeing her show up during Neph, but she's soooo good. Hope Necromancer gets a viable, non-aggro build (lol Tyrant) next expac as it seems like she'd be a fun third class to main (with Vamp and Bishop).

Cerb bascially holds together most shadowcraft builds together (baring Nep)

Just so versatile.

Top Bottom