• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shameless Bragging Thread. Tell me about your greatest gaming achievement.

ssringo

Seeing people talking about top scores reminded me of one I had in the last decade. Barracuda by Heart on the PC version of Rocksmith 2014 at master difficulty which is playing the song without on screen notes (so entirely from memory). While it's not exactly a difficult song I also was not an especially skilled guitar player. Also helped that there wasn't much competition :messenger_beaming:

Clearing all challenges in Doom Eternal Nightmare difficulty, yes including the dlc ones which are absolute insanity, harder than any souls game ever made, Sekiro included.
Maybe I'm being hyperbolic, but I don't think I am.
I played the DLC campaigns on Ultra-Violence, and have no fucking idea how anyone could beat them on Nightmare.

Let alone clear all the challanges.

This moron

C146AB6DB3D139C08F22B1C1A4E3FE9274EDA09F

Makes the bosses in the base game look like diaper wearing toddlers.

Anyway, hats off to you, man. That's fucking insanity to me.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Maybe I'm being hyperbolic, but I don't think I am.
I played the DLC campaigns on Ultra-Violence, and have no fucking idea how anyone could beat them on Nightmare.

Let alone clear all the challanges.

This moron

C146AB6DB3D139C08F22B1C1A4E3FE9274EDA09F

Makes the bosses in the base game look like diaper wearing toddlers.

Anyway, hats off to you, man. That's fucking insanity to me.

In one specific arena challenge I died at least 100 times. I was swearing all the time but yeah. Its my favorite fps of all times, surpassed even HL and the other classics.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I think 100% Elden Ring on both PS5 and Xbox Series X.

That or beating Halo 1-5 on Legendary solo.

Edit: just checked and made sure I beat Halo 5 on Legendary as well.

Edit 2: Nowadays, I don’t think I’ll ever play shooters on anything other than easy or normal though.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Not many, I'm not that good at games and I usually drop them the moment I beat them.

1CC Metal Slug. Not that hard really, but it took some practice.
1CC Super C.
Beat Alien Soldier on superhard.
Beat Perfect Dark on perfect agent.
Got the full Pokedex on Pokemon Blue.

I got around 25 million points in Ikaruga, and 1-credited the game once.
I kneel.

Last edited:

DryvBy

I have plenty as an adult, but one of my favorite ones was accidentally discovering the Star World in Super Mario World because of how young I was and I didn't have the internet or someone telling me. I just stumbled on it because I played the game so much.

Cool thread

I guess getting all trophies across all three games in Mass Effect Legendary Edition including completing the entire trilogy on "Insanity" difficulty was the accomplishment I'm most proud of.

yRgwvIk.png

I'm slowly working on this now. Beat ME1 got all trophies. Working on ME2 now but kind of stopped for a bit.

My biggest one so far is Sekiro beating Isshin. Took me like two weeks of just playing an hour or so a day.

Topher

Gold Member
I'm slowly working on this now. Beat ME1 got all trophies. Working on ME2 now but kind of stopped for a bit.

My biggest one so far is Sekiro beating Isshin. Took me like two weeks of just playing an hour or so a day.

It was so much fun. I think I put 280 hours across all three games. Playing on insanity really made you strategize a lot more.

Edmund

Had a 6 win streak in the arcade for tekken 5 DR and got invited to join a clan. 6 win streaks don't seem like a lot but it's an arcade where the best players in my country gather to play every weekend.

begotten

I'm not a God but I'm pretty decent at modern Tetris.

I got the Tetris Effect Plat on PS fairly easiy, which is harder than the other platform versions.

Also have a few hundred wins on Tetris 99 across multiple modes, including Invictus before it was completely dead.

Last edited:

Hypereides

Gold Member
Sifu, platinum
Wanted: Dead, Japanese Hard completed
Ninja Gaiden Black, Master Ninja completed
Ninja Gaiden 2, Master Ninja completed

Streets of Rage 4, arcade completed co-op on Mania+
Soul Calibur 2 and 6, played it a lot. I'm pretty good.
Vanquish, platinum. I think it was challenge #6 that was the bane of my existence.

Starfield, platinum. 500+ hours.
Morrowind, probably over a thousand hours. Did all the things.
they-live-1988-001-roddy-piper-sunglasses.jpg

image.png

cb99ceb67779fefffba5ccaec6e4e432.png

image.png

Not many, I'm not that good at games and I usually drop them the moment I beat them.

1CC Metal Slug. Not that hard really, but it took some practice.
1CC Super C.
Beat Alien Soldier on superhard.
Beat Perfect Dark on perfect agent.

(...)
my man denzel GIF

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Forgot one: beat God Hand.

It was many years ago and I don't know how. Tried the game recently and I was getting my ass kicked on the first few levels. :goog_relieved:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Playing Geometry Wars on PC I once got so good that I reached maximum difficulty and just kept playing until I got tired and died (in the game lol).
That’s nuts. When I’d play GW games on Xbox I’d die fast. The second the game ramps up I cant last long.

As for personal achievements in games, I used to beat many intellivision games internet high scores people posted when the internet came out and people posted their scores. I remember destroying even the highest scores people said they did in Night Stalker and Burgertime and probably some others. It’s amazing how much better you can do between playing in the 80s and then hooking it up at my parents place in like 2000 for laughs and seeing how well you can do later in life. It was easy.

Lots of arcadey games like Shinobis and contras and Axelay it gets to a point you can beat the game on one man even in hardest level.

I also beat Wizardry 7 way back on PC when it came out. My bro did too. Legit with no strategy books. And we both even killed most of those optional House of Gorrors super bosses. One of those game the side bosses are harder than the main boss. One of them was this Rat Fiend from Hell which was impossible to hit and kill by conventional attacks and spells. Only way we killed it was to cast some death cloud spell and with maybe a 1% chance of success it killed it instantly. Lol

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

I used to be the best assassin cross and breaker in the Ragnarok Online server I played in, it felt like being a mini celebrity and other guilds would try and get me to leave my guild for theirs. Good times for my teenage self lol.

Bartski

Gold Member
I platinumed every Miyazaki game since Demon's Souls including both versions of DS2, and AC6 S-ranking everything. Returnal, shitlots of games considered very difficult and also RDR2.

I beat TLOU2R No Return on Grounded without accessibility cheats multiple times and hit top 10 worldwide leaderboard, highest ranking #2.

I beat grand slam on Darkest Dungeon 2, which is completing all chapters of game with one team without anyone dying that shit gave me gray hair

niilokin

Beat the green warlock fire quest boss in WoW Pandaria one morning after days of trying, in a hotel room. Holy fuck that felt good, I really really sucked. Other than that, maybe soloing through BG2 (every minor and major battles included) with assassin thief but it was a total cheesefest from start to finish :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

Last edited:

Rudius

As a kid I had some of those "brick games".

O42br5S.png

After a long time playing I could get far enough in some games to the point of the cheap lcd screen not being able to keep up with the speed, as the games got faster.

TintoConCasera

SW: Rogue Leader - All 15 gold medals and Ace medals back in 2002 when i first got the Gamecube. Photo of my original copy on a CRT

GYaxHwu.jpeg
Dude! That's amazing, I never managed to get all the gold ones back then.

That game was the tits, loved the secret ships like the Naboo fighter and the fucking car.

Beating the Valkyrie Queen in God of War 2018 on "give me God of war" mode. I've beaten pretty much all souls games, some tough Platinum trophies on platformers like Celeste and cuphead. But nothing will compare to that. Its a long boss fight, who has the moveset of all of the other bosses and pretty much one shots you. It tested my patience to the extreme but not did it feel good to finally beat that.

stn

Street Fighter 2 (all versions) - I've beaten some very well known players and legends in the scene
Ninja Gaiden Black - I ranked top 500 on the karma leaderboards back in the day
I platted the Nioh games, and Wo Long
I've beaten tons of difficult games (Lies of P, the Ninja Gaiden games, etc...)
I used to be really good at Perfect Dark
I'm generally very good at 2D fighting games (specifically 2D, because I just can't grasp Tekken due to not being able to KBD consistently)

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Back in my freshman year of college, we got a Mortal Kombat 2 arcade machine in our dining hall. No one, and I mean no one at all, could beat me. And they tried, oh how they tried, muahahhaaaaa!

Kamina

Golden Boy
Halo 3 on 360
I was playing PvP “Lone Wolfs” playlist with randoms
I was usually a medium good player
Get dropped into a new playlist on one of those citadel like maps with swords.
Grab sword and circle around the building, murdering one after the other, died maybe twice, killed every other player like 3times over.
My feeling of achievement only solidified when they started insulting me in the post-game lobby.
Good times

It was so much fun. I think I put 280 hours across all three games. Playing on insanity really made you strategize a lot more.

Yea I'm enjoying it on insanity. Just so many games to play and I've played through the ME series like 5 times already so it's tough for me to drop all these new games for it. I'll do it eventually though. I recently got the ER plat just slowly playing it and I'll do the same with ME.

Top Bottom