• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shameless Bragging Thread. Tell me about your greatest gaming achievement.

Antwix

-Did semi-pro MLG stuff in a sponsored clan in CoD4 MW and multiple clan crown holder on Gamebattles
-Multiple clan crown holder in SOCOM 2 on Gamebattles
-5* through the fire and flames expert and devil went down to georgia on guitar hero 3

TwiztidElf

Mine is more personal, but finally beating my dad in Tekken 2 as a young lad. I put a lot of time into learning combos and throws for King that I basically mastered it. I’ll never forget that feeling after months of beatings.

Life lessons from a quality Dad.

Rocking my son to sleep with my foot on his rocker while beating demon of hatred and Owl Father.
Own It Cbs GIF by Paramount+

Ecotic

I won a ranked game in the Unreal league in Fortnite. That's the highest-tier league where the professional streamers play, and they're absolutely invincible. It took me like 600 tries. I'm not even that good, I'm just a guy trying his best and playing on a stock Playstation controller.

I always imagined that when I won an Unreal league game that it would be from taking advantage of other opponents fighting it out during a chaotic endgame situation, but I won straight-up after an extended fight with the last guy. So I was very proud.

Holammer

Completing Super Contra arcade without any deaths. Bit too rusty for it now, train a little and I'll do it again.
Binge played Everquest 96h with pauses for pizza.
A group effort, but I participated on the server firsts for basically every boss on my WoW server in vanilla and completed Naxxramas pre-nerf. There's video of it somewhere on Youtube. I had a rivalry with an undead shadow priest that everyone spoke of like some bogeyman, turns out he had shite non-raid gear and I hunted him for sport to assert dominance.

Aenima

Beating Alex Kid on Master System 2 from start to finish without losing any lives when i was a teen. Recently tried to play the same Alex Kid game again, though an Yakuza game, i think Lost Judgment, and could not even beat the 1st level.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
My top 5 in no order:

- Mass Effect Trilogy beaten on Insanity, including all optional DLC.
- Metal Gear Solid 2 got the Platinum Trophy in addition to getting Big Boss rank in a sub-2-hour run.
- Modern Warfare 2009 got 1000/1000 Cheevos, including completing the co-op missions by myself on Veteran.
- Ninja Gaiden Black beaten on Master Ninja, including completing all Fiend Challenges.
- Wipeout HD got the Platinum Trophy and I am top 100 in the world leaderboard in one of the zone races (Vineta K).

itagaki-as-you-know-im-pro.gif

Shifty1897

I was #1 in the world for a bit on a few levels of Dustforce for the Vita.
I usually play third person survival horror games on the hardest difficulty level. I also usually play most turn based strategy games on the hardest difficulty level too.
I beat Yiazmat in FF12.

The only challenge I really want to complete for myself is CHALLENGE LEVEL #6 IN VANQUISH. Mother of God, it's so hard. I have spent days trying to beat it.

Every Gran Turismo game 100%
Every Final Fantasy game finished and many 100% (except online)
830 DAYS played in World of Warcraft with 30k achievment points, 730+ mounts etc
Bioshock 1 and 2 Platinum trophies
Every NFS game platinumed (except the last one)
holy fucking shit with the gran turismo bud! i 100% GT5, i would never do that again lmao.

Meifu

-Defeating the Ape duo on my first try in Sekiro ( i have it recorded, i should find it and upload it here)
-A long strange journey - WOW
-Also WOW, getting champion (rank 10) in classic, that shit was nuts. Also some crazy parsing back in the first classic iteration

I booted up THPS on the N64 roughly 5 minutes after losing my virginity to my High School sweetheart. Just seemed like the right thing to do. This would have been 2002-2003.

Let's show some restraint and avoid unsavory jokes based on my above statement.

clarky

Gold Member
I booted up THPS on the N64 roughly 5 minutes after losing my virginity to my High School sweetheart. Just seemed like the right thing to do. This would have been 2002-2003.

Let's show some restraint and avoid unsavory jokes based on my above statement.
Surprised she didn't fuck you off there and then for playing Tony Hawks with that controller.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Getting to 50 and still not being bored with gaming.

Being able to experience Spectrum, C64, Amiga, ST, MD, SNES etc all at the time when they were released as opposed to being born into this cant get off my sofa to change a disc because its too much effort world we have gotten into.

RickMasters

Going 50-4 on halo big team battle is probably most recent. Or that time I was playing tekken 7 and this guy kept getting matched up with me and I KEPT molly whopping him with my Jin kazuya. Or maybe beating all the Megaman games on NES back in the day…… or maybe the time I utterly dominated everybody at Tottenham Court Road arcades on VF3, back in the day. Beating games are fun but beating other people real bad on good games….. that’s where I get my real fun. 😂😂

Matter of fact? Who wanna get slapped around for a few rounds on tekken? You can come back on here afterwards and tell everybody how I made highlight, share button worthy footage out of you.

Last edited:

RickMasters

I got all platinums in PGR2. Fuck what a great game and series that was, shame the game is stuck on the OG Xbox.

Two words….. Car licensing…oh and the music, licences I’d imagine. I miss that game. Was my first online racing game. Man what an era!

Hypereides

Gold Member
I was #1 in the world for a bit on a few levels of Dustforce for the Vita.
I usually play third person survival horror games on the hardest difficulty level. I also usually play most turn based strategy games on the hardest difficulty level too.
I beat Yiazmat in FF12.

The only challenge I really want to complete for myself is CHALLENGE LEVEL #6 IN VANQUISH. Mother of God, it's so hard. I have spent days trying to beat it.
You got this one, mate. Keep at it. That challenge is a deliberate filter to test your hunger. Persevere.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Two words….. Car licensing…oh and the music, licences I’d imagine. I miss that game. Was my first online racing game. Man what an era!
AJUMP23 said:
I got all platinums in PGR2. ---- what a great game and series that was, shame the game is stuck on the OG Xbox.

How did this quote me. I would never use the F word. I say Falafel instead.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Probably going between rank number 1 and number 2 on Crimsom Skies leaderboard for the first few months the game was out. I used the Bulldog plane and all in the skies feared me.

Got 2nd place in a Perfect Dark Zero tournament back in the day. Won a Phantom Dust tag team tournament back when the game was actually popular.

Oh yea, also won a tournament in highschool in Goldeneye 007. It was held by my highschool, which is kinda nuts when you think about it.

I guess all my fav game achievement include ruining someone else's day.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
In those Mat Mania arcade games (there were two), I used to be so good I could basically go on forever. You only to worry about Coco Savege in the first game if it got on an unstoppable spam of elbow hits. The second game was shit and only had 3 opponents. Googling it when the internet came about, it added second player vs. But reduced the wrestlers roster from 5 to 3.

When I had enough rolling over the roster, I'd just leave the game.

I was never able to roll over Galaga 999,999 pts. But my max scor was somewhere in the 700,000s

Last edited:
Top Bottom