• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Lucent

Man, the
agony bow
has a lot of
bolt flavors
. Reminds me of playing as Claire in RE2 just carrying the bowgun with all the different rounds. lol.

nbthedude

Yeah about half way through chapter 3 I started really loving it. I actually dig the trade off from action to stealth while keeping the RE style and flavor. Aso the torch mechanic is a pretty cool way to replace the knife with something that has more risk/reward due to limited use. Same tactics apply, though. Shoot legs them torch. But looks way cooler and less silly than knife. :)

Wow..chapter 10 boss took me back..that was bananas I can tell there were multiple ways I could have tackled it but I had so many bolts, why not exploit it's weaknesses! You get 20,000 gg's from beating it..yummy green brain gel!

Lucent

Wow..chapter 10 boss took me back..that was bananas I can tell there were multiple ways I could have tackled it but I had so many bolts, why not exploit it's weaknesses! You get 20,000 gg's from beating it..yummy green brain gel!

On on the chapter
boss and lol I thought that if I
trapped her in that fire pit and it closed on her that'd be that. Figures it couldn't be that easy. She just blood teleports out and meets me at the top of the ladder and smashes my face in. I wonder how many burns it's gonna take to kill her.

Lucent

Chapter
boss is easiliy the most intense segment in any video game I played all year

lol I literally just beat
her. I think I trapped her under the flame gates twice, used the barrels twice, managed to hit her with a couple of torches, made her walk into a couple of bodies that I lit on fire, and put a shotgun round in her after missing twice with the flame arrows and narrowly dodging her attack. When that trophy popped up I was relieved. Then I took a screenshot of her gross butt. lol

Should I have gotten achivements throughout the first two chapters? Nothing popped so far.

Nope. Each chapter has a specific thing you have to do to gain an achievement. For example in chapter 2
" Opened the gate to the village without killing a single enemy in Chapter 2. "
By chapter 3 you should automatically get an achievement when you kill the boss. You could always check your achievement section and see if TEW is registered there as a game you played.

malfcn

Stopping at 3 for now.
Really tired, just got
to a doctor, and then a chained up chainsaw man.

I've played for a few hours and only at chapter 3.
Am I the only one that is playing really slow, investigating..

The occasional internet distraction happens too.

lol I literally just beat
her. I think I trapped her under the flame gates twice, used the barrels twice, managed to hit her with a couple of torches, made her walk into a couple of bodies that I lit on fire, and put a shotgun round in her after missing twice with the flame arrows and narrowly dodging her attack. When that trophy popped up I was relieved. Then I took a screenshot of her gross butt. lol

lol
I used the torches and barrels first after that I threw her in the pit 2 times. The last time I threw her in the pit I didn't even bother to look thinking she was gonna get up again so I was on the move haha

derFeef

Nope. Each chapter has a specific thing you have to do to gain an achievement. For example in chapter 2
" Opened the gate to the village without killing a single enemy in Chapter 2. "
By chapter 3 you should automatically get an achievement when you kill the boss. You could always check your achievement section and see if TEW is registered there as a game you played.

Ah very cool thanks a lot, I like that!

Lucent

No way in hell will I Platinum this. Would take forever given some of the requirements. :lol

Git gud! Praise the sun!

lol j/k. Yeah I think Akumu could be a bit frustrating. It'd probably be something I'd have to work through one chapter at a time.

Bl@de

Lol wtf. Those achievements are a horror game by themself.
Kill the chainsaw dude only with a knife in chapter 3? good joke bro

Then again ... I already know I will replay this game 10 times ... just like RE4. I'm a sucker for Mikami Horror Action

Ok so the scene where you meet the Dr in chapter 4 def ran smoother during the cutscene and after you gain control to shoot on xbox one. My guess is the lower resolution helps maybe?

That part was so bad on the PS4 side, I wanted to sprint out of that room, funny thing is Chapter 5 has been smooth sailing so far and it's by far the most I have enjoyed the game. I really like it, but I feel if the performance was better I would be absolutely in love with this game.

Has this unlocked for Australians?

It hasn't unlocked for me, but JaseC was saying it unlocked WW earlier and someone else on my steam friends list is saying one of their Aus friends is playing it. What gives?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
No way in hell will I Platinum this. Would take forever given some of the requirements. :lol

Thinking about the "no upgrades" one made me realize you'd have the beat the entire game with that struggle sprint. That'd be pretty rough.

Just got done with Chapter 10.

Midway through the chapter:

PCWqrYG.gif

By the end of it:

Jesus. Great shit. MOVING ON!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Has this unlocked for Australians?

It hasn't unlocked for me, but JaseC was saying it unlocked WW earlier and someone else on my steam friends list is saying one of their Aus friends is playing it. What gives?

Well the worldwide thing was an accident that only lasted a few minutes so now you're doomed to wait like a normal person unless you use a VPN.

Quick question: would you all recommend upgrading sprint/running all the way to level 5 (or whatever the highest lvl is)?

I've already upgraded sprint up to the penultimate highest lvl, and to lvl it up one final time requires a beefy 30,000 gel.

I'm already at the start of chapter 8 or 9 (can't remember which one it is. I had just finished the
epic Safehead battle in the gas-filled rooms
; so whichever chapter comes after that, that's where I'm at.)

So, is it really necessary, and worth spending the 30,000 gel on that last sprint lvl?

Thanks!

drotahorror

Without spoiling anything can anyone tell me if there's like, hidden weapons or something for beating the game and starting new game+? I could have sworn I read something that.

Lucent

Without spoiling anything can anyone tell me if there's like, hidden weapons or something for beating the game and starting new game+? I could have sworn I read something that.

Yes there are hidden weapons. That's about it as far as I know besides unlocking Nightmare and AKUMU mode, which are just Hard and Crazy Hard. lol

EDIT:
You get the weapons for beating the game as far as I know. I don't know if you can unlock other weapons besides just beating the game. Hopefully. lol

Lucent

Stopped at the beginning of Chapter
6. I quit after I met up with Joseph and he was about to try to disarm the bomb while I guarded him.

I'm going sorta slow I guess but I don't want to rush it. Someone on my friends list already beat it. =/

derFeef

yup. I found myself trying to dash around the environments and it felt like being weighed down. it was so much better when I got out of that mind set and slowed down.

I will never fast-walk in this game.

1. It looks really, really, really bad.
2. It helps with the immersion.
3. It's safer.

Top Bottom