• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Jinjo

LMAO...is this game serious or what,it's so stupid hard it's funny...when I first saw the phasing guy,I thought it was a glitch its so awful and annoying...ok now I am in Chapter 5,in that square room with the little hole that you peek through and then hit the switches...is there a clue I am missing to actually find out which one I need to press so I dont instant die or is this another masochist attempt at survival horror...? jesus christ.

Look at the switches, then at the wall, then go back to the switches. You'll figure it out.

Just got to chapter 4 on Akumu mode, I'm so happy that they didn't just take the easy approach to higher difficulty modes and instead gave us a remixed version of encounters with added threats on top of the enemies themselves being faster, more aggressive and generally harder to deal with.

Enemies also spot you much more easily now, this mode is some good stuff! Checkpoints are a bit too frequent for my tastes though. That's my only gripe so far!

I'm streaming right now so if you're interested in checking out what Akumu looks like feel free to drop by. Twitch.tv/joefenix

So more notes on Akumu Difficulty:

-The bomb timers are a slither to disarm them
-The chests don't make a beeping noise to alert you when to let go of E
-There are far more enemies in the village section

AND SOMETHING OH MY GOD-ISH

-They put an enemy from near the end of the game into the village section at the beginning.
There's a Hooded Haunted in the Village now.

clint-eastwood-nodding.gif

This all here is music to my ears. I'll be going for AKUMU on my third playthrough. For the second i'll be going for the collectibles and upgrading Seb completely as well as all his weapons.

Try and lure him into the main hall and then run around until he disappears.

Yeah I've been doing the run in circles type thing but I'm trying to take my time and explore all the pathways before the main door (which I mean you obviously have to do).

Guess I'll stick with it. I took 2 days off from Path of Exile to play this so I might as well get it done :X.

Starting chapter 3 now

Not gonna judge based on tutorial levels, but the first two chapters remind me of Murdered Soul Suspect meets new Tomb Raider meets that silly Mirrors movie with Keifer "Goddamnit" Sutherland

The black bars and tight angle behind Seb stopped bothering me after like 2 minutes, I guess I'm lucky

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Just got to chapter 4 on Akumu mode, I'm so happy that they didn't just take the easy approach to higher difficulty modes and instead gave us a remixed version of encounters with added threats on top of the enemies themselves being faster, more aggressive and generally harder to deal with.

Enemies also spot you much more easily now, this mode is some good stuff! Checkpoints are a bit too frequent for my tastes though. That's my only gripe so far!

I'm streaming right now so if you're interested in checking out what Akumu looks like feel free to drop by. Twitch.tv/joefenix

Seems like kind of a waste to combine remixed enemies and one hit deaths in a single difficulty level. They could have gotten 2 separate modes out of that. I'd almost certainly try a harder difficulty mode with remixed encounters but I'm almost certainly not going to touch a mode with one hit kills. Not with those load times.

ryan13ts

Need some help on Chaper 7 guys

After the part where you start to turn a wheel to open a door and like 5-6 guys pop out of a door, I go into the door where they came from and the lower hall is filled with gas and Seb can't stand in it more than 5 seconds, even though I can tell the hall go further to what I'm assuming is more goodies. Any idea on how to get past this gas? I looked everywhere and I didn't see a switch to turn it off

Any ideas?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Need some help on Chaper 7 guys

After the part where you start to turn a wheel to open a door and like 5-6 guys pop out of a door, I go into the door where they came from and the lower hall is filled with gas and Seb can't stand in it more than 5 seconds, even though I can tell the hall go further to what I'm assuming is more goodies. Any idea on how to get past this gas? I looked everywhere and I didn't see a switch to turn it off

Any ideas?

There are valves that lower the poison gas. Are they the regular enemies? I relied on double barrel ammo, getting junk from traps, and using the explosive bolts. Timing it right, just remember if you're lost back track just a little

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
What the fuck was Mikami thinking with the extreme zoom-in aim?

Just, why??

ryan13ts

There are valves that lower the poison gas. Are they the regular enemies?

Nah, it's the weird ones with long arms and clawed-like appendages and take considerably more damage than the regular guys. There's also a guillotine (Not sure if that's much of a help considering how much fucked up stuff is in this game) beside the steps leading to the gas pathway. I also didn't see a valve anywhere

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Nah, it's the weird ones with long arms and clawed-like appendages and take considerably more damage than the regular guys. There's also a guillotine (Not sure if that's much of a help considering how much fucked up stuff is in this game) beside the steps leading to the gas pathway. I also didn't see a valve anywhere

I sent a PM.

KGr_Hq_Z_o4_FIW_E_c_POBSLfbt_WMIQ_60_57.jpg

This should be arriving soon. It looked real neat and didn't cost a whole lot. It's a pin.

Finished, at 20hrs with 78 deaths on filthy casual difficulty (
didn't get the brass knuckles :(!!)
not one QTE sequence in the entire game, and the ending, so full of intrigue..I understand exactly what they getting at and I hope there's a sequel!!

I also will be purchasing the season pass for sure, Thank you Mikami, This experience was so worth every cent amd the two days off work I took!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Ugh i found a game-breaker glitch at Ch. 14

Just after killing the boss, i go to the fusible box, solve the puzzle and then nothing happens, the pause menu disappears and there isn't anyway to move or interact with anything
. Anyone else experienced this?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
There was one or two QTEs in chapter
-7-
. They were innocuous, but they were there.

Ugh i found a game-breaker glitch at Ch. 14

Just after killing the boss, i go to the fusible box, solve the puzzle and then nothing happens, the pause menu disappears and there isn't anyway to move or interact with anything
. Anyone else experienced this?
You sure you spun the crank again? You should get a red light on lift and spinning the crank starts it up..

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
You sure you spun the crank again? You should get a red light on lift and spinning the crank starts it up..

Nope, the generator is already up and running. BTW it doesnt matter if you do the puzzle right or wrong, once you exit you are stuck.

Nope, the generator is already up and running. BTW it doesnt matter if you do the puzzle right or wrong, once you exit you are stuck.
Yeah that's a weird, I did so many variations and failed so many times! There's even a statue near the end of the hall that I didn't see that lit up thanks to setting it wrong.

Taruranto

You are going the wrong way.
That room is a dead end until later.

I just figured since he was the director and it's his team(no?) that that was a design choice made by him.

He is and its his team, but i'm almost positive that he probably didn't overlook EVERYTHING the team did with the game, i'm sure he didn't even know about the camera thing, it's not like he sat in the room with the programmers staring at their screens 24/7, that or he liked the design choice enough to leave it in

Partway through chapter 3, and I feel like maybe I missed the crossbow. I don't have it yet, yet I've made ammo for it and found a warhead for it. Did I miss it?

Top Bottom