• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

myco666

Anyone? Seems like the encounter can't be just ran past and I have to kill everything. There's only so many you can knock into the water as some just camp inside the box.

If you have trap parts make flash bolts. You can most likely kill one wave with one of those. Or are you out of ammo before even starting the encounter? If so then you are kinda screwed since you have to kill all of the enemies that come out of the door. I would recommend restarting the chapter since you are not that far into it yet and pick up everything and try to use as little as possible ammo before that part.

Scoot2005

Banned
Might as well trade it towards Ass Creed. The games that play themselves are probably more up your alley.

Eat my ass. This game is wonky as fuck.

Edit - The post below me echoes my sentiments to a T. I really like this game, but it has many flaws that weigh it down to much. I am sad.

Bebpo

Banned
Chainsaw guy is pretty easy, but he throws you off because he's the first enemy that WON'T DIE from deadly things and he kills you in one hit so you're like "wtfffff"

I remember luring him into the house and impaling him on spikes and then he just gets up and keeps coming after me and I'm pumping rounds and he's not dying and I have no idea if this boss is even killable or if I'm doing something wrong.

That's actually a problem I have with a few points in the game. The game goes back and forth with boss enemies being unkillable and you need to 1) solve the puzzle, or 2) wait it out, 3) run or sometimes they're actually killable but since they take so much ammo it can be really confusing if you're doing something wrong and this is an unkillable boss situation.

For example I just encountered this in chapter 13:
When you fight the Keeper in the meat locker, the last time you fought him in chapter 7 he would keep coming back and you had to solve puzzle stuff. So I look around for puzzle objects...nothing. I think maybe you need to survive it out until the elevator comes back after Joseph leaves...keep running around in circles....nothing. Ok, maybe I actually can kill the Keeper this time...kill him...he respawns. I look around and see 20+ safe lockers on the walls. Hmmm, so I guess he'll just keep respawning...what am I missing??

Then at one point I gave up and said fuck it I'll just kill all 20 keepers in the room and then bam after the 2nd one the elevator is triggered and I can leave.

At times the game kind of has extremely terrible player signaling.

On Ch.15 now and feel so mixed about the game. It's basically my GoTY if it wasn't extremely flawed, which it is, so I don't like it as much and I'm often mixed between "wow, this atmosphere/graphics/sound/presentation is amazing" "wow this combat is so satisfying" "wow, this level design is so varied" and "ugh, this is not fun". It's like those great games that have that 1 bad swimming section, except those bad sections are almost 40-50% of the game and constantly popping up.

So to beat the chapter 3 boss I have to clear the area of zombies and proceed to hit the traps over and over again until he dies? He can't die from shotgun wounds or crossbows?

Scoot2005

Banned
So to beat the chapter 3 boss I have to clear the area of zombies and proceed to hit the traps over and over again until he dies? He can't die from shotgun wounds or crossbows?

Lay a bunch of explosive bolts outside the wooden gate. Climb to second level. Shoot dude to make him escape. Throw grenades at him as he gets to the top of the ladder. Finish with shotgun.

myco666

It is recommended to kill all other enemies so that you can concentrate on the boss. I disabled every trap before the encounter and managed to kill him with bolts and shotgun. The traps might be better though since you save ammo with that method.

-MD-

He goes down really easily with just guns, the traps are there as backup if you really need them.

The chest mechanic is not the only mechanic forgotten, but actually I'm not sure forgotten is the right word for it. More like some elements of the game are used to limited quantity for a chapter or a few before dropped for the rest of the adventure, maybe to help keep the pacing up, fend off repetition, etc.

Other examples of this include the invisible enemies (who only appear for a brief part of the game then never again show up), the poison fog rooms in Chapter 7, the lightable environment objects such as hay stacks and oil in chapters 2-4, and so on and so on.

Another thing I noticed is that the game has a lot of the same sort of traps for most of the game, but then suddenly introduces a few new traps in Chapters 13 and 14 that are only used briefly as they show up so late into the game.

All this isn't particularly a flaw per say as the game has so many ideas and works many in and keeps up a good variety of ideas to avoid the game from becoming old or samey during its 13-17 hour run, but if you really think about it, it does seem like some mechanics could of been used more or used in some more creative situations rather than just appearing briefly and then being gone. It almost reminded me of Super Mario Galaxy 2 in that way, so many ideas in different areas of the game but very few of them are actually expanded on, which isn't really a con as it makes up for it in variety and solid core mechanics, but it might have been nice to see some of those ideas more developed.

That's a good way of looking at it. Definitely changed my perspective On the mechanics.
Gamers these days.....pfft

;)

1) Makes me hate being a 90's kid. So many my age have a douhebag elitist attitude.
2) What game had you climbing up against arrows?
3) Are the people who made these comics the same people that think the Souls games are hard?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
yeah, i liked that the fog rooms and. invisible enemies were used very sparingly. nothing ever got too old. even boss encounters that may be repeated are varied in the exact setup and how you have to handle them.

not being sure what to do makes the boss scenarios more interesting, and more terrifying, even if it makes them more likely to kill you the first couple of times. figuring it out either by accident or logical deduction makes the victory all the sweeter. and frankly, i appreciate the terror i felt from confusion and scrambling more than i loathe a few deaths (which are basically without penalty). the one hit kills could have been more telegraphed and avoidable, though, i will agree. is it like this on casual too?

Noks415

I need some help GAF. Im stuck fighting
Laura
at the end of chapter 10. I'm convinced it is glitched. Ive unloaded all my agony bolts and shotgun shells and nothing.
I've stunned her using the fire pipes but nothing....
After watching multiple video walkthroughs it seems that I should be done with this particular encounter after only using a small amount ammo and not wasting every single bullet I own. I have replayed this particular end sequence so many times that the only reason I die is because I used up all my ammo and I just get tired of dodging attacks. I could move on to next section
by just pulling the lever and dodging her attacks until the flames disappear
but i dont want to miss out all the goodies. I also refuse to restart the chapter.Anyone else run into this ? tips?

Scoot2005

Banned
Laura
at the end of chapter 10. I'm convinced it is glitched. Ive unloaded all my agony bolts and shotgun shells and nothing.
After watching multiple video walkthroughs it seems that I should be done with this particular encounter after only using a small amount ammo and not wasting every single bullet I own. I have replayed this particular end sequence so many times that the only reason I die is because I used up all my ammo and I just get tired of dodging attacks. I could move on to next section
but i dont want to miss out all the goodies. I also refuse to restart the chapter.Anyone else run into this ? tips?

I would like to know this also.

Chainsaw guy is pretty easy, but he throws you off because he's the first enemy that WON'T DIE from deadly things and he kills you in one hit so you're like "wtfffff"

I remember luring him into the house and impaling him on spikes and then he just gets up and keeps coming after me and I'm pumping rounds and he's not dying and I have no idea if this boss is even killable or if I'm doing something wrong.

That's actually a problem I have with a few points in the game. The game goes back and forth with boss enemies being unkillable and you need to 1) solve the puzzle, or 2) wait it out, 3) run or sometimes they're actually killable but since they take so much ammo it can be really confusing if you're doing something wrong and this is an unkillable boss situation.

For example I just encountered this in chapter 13:
When you fight the Keeper in the meat locker, the last time you fought him in chapter 7 he would keep coming back and you had to solve puzzle stuff. So I look around for puzzle objects...nothing. I think maybe you need to survive it out until the elevator comes back after Joseph leaves...keep running around in circles....nothing. Ok, maybe I actually can kill the Keeper this time...kill him...he respawns. I look around and see 20+ safe lockers on the walls. Hmmm, so I guess he'll just keep respawning...what am I missing??

Then at one point I gave up and said fuck it I'll just kill all 20 keepers in the room and then bam after the 2nd one the elevator is triggered and I can leave.

At times the game kind of has extremely terrible player signaling.

On Ch.15 now and feel so mixed about the game. It's basically my GoTY if it wasn't extremely flawed, which it is, so I don't like it as much and I'm often mixed between "wow, this atmosphere/graphics/sound/presentation is amazing" "wow this combat is so satisfying" "wow, this level design is so varied" and "ugh, this is not fun". It's like those great games that have that 1 bad swimming section, except those bad sections are almost 40-50% of the game and constantly popping up.

Don't all bosses just take raw damage in this game though? For example
Laura has a damage threshold in her fights but people still think of them as 'puzzle' fights. But really the puzzle elements like the furnaces just do a set high amount of damage to her and hit the threshold to end the fight easier and quicker. The Keeper fight you referenced someone in this thread said they kept killing him and eventually he stops spawning all together.

Gurish

Laura

I also tried to kill her but it seems impossible or she just takes so much ammo it's not worth it, just
shoot the switches and continue on
, don't waste too much time on her.

Laura

just shoot the appropriate switches and dodge her. you don't need to use anything other than the standard handgun for the fight. you don't even have to burn her at all if you don't want to

bottom line, save your ammo

So I just beat the demo. The chainsaw guy was easy but had pretty shitty A.I. Like Nintendo 64 level A.I.

So far this game is awesome. It isn't a masterpiece, but I want a game that pays tribute to RE4 but updated for contemporary times (hard to believe RE4 is ten years old already), so this game seems right up my alley.

I'll pick it up for $30 or less when it hits Steam Sale. I was debating between this a Watchdogs, and I'm leaning toward this now after the demo.

This part is so ridiculously easy. These comments put the complaints about this game really in context.

No they don't. Personally I love Chapter 3, but the game has plenty of things deserving of criticism (and things far beyond those deserving a "git gud" response).

-MD-

No they don't. Personally I love Chapter 3, but the game has plenty of things deserving of criticism.

That's kind of his point, if people are struggling on one of the easiest most straight forward fights in the game and running to the forums to complain about it or even dropping the game completely then how would they react to some of the more difficult or "frustrating" bosses like Laura that requires something beyond just shooting at it?

It doesn't shock me that some reviewers gave this a 4/10 or a 5/10, it also doesn't shock me that games like this faded away for a long time and games overloaded with tutorials, objective markers/waypoints and just hand holding in general have been pushed to the front. A game can't even respect the player's intelligence and expect just a tiny amount of game sense/skill without people complaining about it, the bar has been lowered that much.

It doesn't shock me that some reviewers gave this a 4/10 or a 5/10, it also doesn't shock me that games like this faded away for a long time and games overloaded with tutorials, objective markers/waypoints and just hand holding in general have been pushed to the front. A game can't even respect the player's intelligence and expect just a tiny amount of game sense/skill without people complaining about it, the bar has been lowered that much.

The vast majority of criticism of the game isn't because the game respects the player's intelligence too much, and that's why someone complaining about the difficulty Chapter 3 doesn't put complaints about the game into context. Statements like that are attempts to whitewash the game's very real flaws.

Why do the Souls games, which are significantly harder to both figure out and beat than TEW, all have vastly higher critical and user review scores than TEW? It's because TEW is a solid if deeply flawed game that doesn't appeal to a lot of people for perfectly valid reasons not having to do with "more hand-holding please."

The vast majority of criticism of the game isn't because the game respects the player's intelligence too much, and that's why someone complaining about the difficulty Chapter 3 doesn't put complaints about the game into context. Statements like that are attempts to whitewash the game's very real flaws.

Why do the Souls games, which are significantly harder to both figure out and beat than TEW, all have vastly higher critical and user review scores than TEW? It's because TEW is a solid if deeply flawed game that doesn't appeal to a lot of people for perfectly valid reasons not having to do with "more hand-holding please."

Actually the people that complained and hated on demon souls were pretty verbal about the game and rage quite, etc and are the same people that avoided Dark Soul 1 and 2. My point....They knew what they were getting into after that first game. TEW is a new franchise and what games are it most similar to from a casual viewpoint before you actually play it? RE5, RE6, Dead Space, etc. Games that all are filled with checkpoints, ample ammo, hand holding at times, co-op, and more. I think that's the biggest reason people are having issues. The game throws difficulty at the player pretty quick and people can't handle it. I literally beat the chainsaw dude on my first try. I had no idea he could cause so many problem, but then I had searched everywhere before I triggred him and hand ample ammo and guns. I destroyed him. He is no harder then the chainsawn Ganado from RE4. That being said, the game isn't perfect, but if you can't even get past the third chapter, and want to blame how the game was designed, when you haven't even seen all the design elements in place , seems a bit off to me.

myco666

Laura

Burn all the corpses in the area as she is spawning from them so that you burn her also. After that shoot the valves to burn her and then just unload everything you have. If this is not enough and you can't upgrade your weapons fire power don't bother since the rewards are not worth the amount of ammo you have to use against her seriously especially since you really need ammo after that encounter.

Nemmy

Reactions like these are why they make press A for awesome games these days. I loved that part, it was a throwback to the intense danger presented in older survival horror games and you had to really explore and use your surroundings to take him down. It's not anywhere close to impossible, but a good challenge that gives you a great sense of accomplishment once you have beat it. I mean that area alone gives you so many different ways to take him down, you have tripwire traps you can not disarm to lure him into, switch based traps that are endlessly reusable, burnable environment items to set him on fire, a shotgun, a crossbow, etc.. It was a great sandbox, I wish the game had more areas like it.

Seriously. It's one of the best areas in the game IMO, I play it differently every time and still haven't checked all the options out. Plus if you've ever played RE4 you should really expect stuff like a one-hit kill and the chainsaw enemy having more health than average. The Sadist isn't even that much of a bullet sponge, he has very reasonable hp.

The bar is really low if this part has people ragequitting, and on an enthusiast forum no less.

jackdoe

Seriously. It's one of the best areas in the game IMO, I play it differently every time and still haven't checked all the options out. Plus if you've ever played RE4 you should really expect stuff like a one-hit kill and the chainsaw enemy having more health than average. The Sadist isn't even that much of a bullet sponge, he has very reasonable hp.

The bar is really low if this part has people ragequitting, and on an enthusiast forum no less.
Running around the town would cause the framerate to wobble, which is why I didn't run around and just shot him dead. The technical issues, from the weird FOV, to the crappy camera that's often times too tight, and finally the unstable framerate are pretty much the main source of difficulty for me. People need to get out of here with the handholding nonsense as a way to deflect criticism of the game. Are a stable framerate, good FOV, and a good camera a desire for handholding? Practically every time I died it was due to either the framerate throwing me a curve ball in terms of input lag, the camera going wonky when an enemy got too close, the narrow FOV making a stealth section trickier than it ought to be, or a combination of all three factors (like boss encounters).

Gurish

Running around the town would cause the framerate to wobble, which is why I didn't run around and just shot him dead. The technical issues, from the weird FOV, to the crappy camera that's often times too tight, and finally the unstable framerate are pretty much the main source of difficulty for me. People need to get out of here with the handholding nonsense as a way to deflect criticism of the game. Are a stable framerate, good FOV, and a good camera a desire for handholding? Practically every time I died it was due to either the framerate throwing me a curve ball in terms of input lag, the camera going wonky when an enemy got too close, the narrow FOV making a stealth section trickier than it ought to be, or a combination of all three factors (like boss encounters).

Sorry dude not buying this, I'm playing it on PS4 just like you do, this boss is no trouble, i only died in that encounter because i though i need him to cut the chain for me so i stood near the door like an idiot waiting for him :) , his attacks are so easy to dodge that no FOV or framerate excuses will do, seriously just some explosives bolts and shotgun blasts and he was done.

putarorex

Finished the game in 17 hours with 72 deaths, 50 of which were probably in levels 9-12. I found the game pretty frustrating overall, especially the one hit kill bosses. I didn't realize the usefulness of the shock bolt until late in the game; it probably would have made things easier.

jackdoe

Sorry dude not buying this, I'm playing it on PS4 just like you do, this boss is no trouble, i only died in that encounter because i though i need him to cut the chain for me so i stood near the door and tried to make him cut it, his attacks are so easy to dodge that no FOV or framerate excuses will do, seriously just some bolts and shotgun blasts and he was done.
Oh no. The boss was a cinch for me too. Actually he was a joke. I'm just saying that the game is too much of a technical mess that automatically replying to people saying the game is too hard with an automatic handholding comment is lazy. The technical issues definitely make this game a lot harder than it needs to be.

Wow...it's true....kids are really this bad at video games these days. This page alone tells me why we now have games that you literally press A to win. Why there are so few games that have puzzles these days. Why Game Overs aren't even a thing anymore. People think it's elitist gamers hating on others but no, this is frustration that this generation of gamers are actually impacting gaming in a negative way and they are diluting the experience and what games can be. Quitting a game because of a scrub boss in chapter 3? and then proceeding to shit on the game because you can't get past it for some inexplicable reason??? Really?!

At last, I understand what the hell the point of Share Play is! Jesus H, the Chapter 3 boss: Shoot two maybe three explosive arrows on the ground for him to run into and then bang bang with the shotgun a couple times and dead.

Boss on Chapter 10? Shot him with two explosive arrows and then maybe a handful of shotgun shots or so until he exposed his weak point and then pew pew with an NON-UPGRADED rifle TWO times and dead. I can't fathom how this is difficult for anybody.

This isn't meant to be an elitist post even though I know it looks like one, it's a frustration post that kids are bad at games these days and games are going to get worse and less challenging over time. Also sad to see games slammed because a gamer sucks too bad to get past a boss. The controls are not as bad as people are saying, it's very manageable, get gud. There are legit complaints to be had with this game and perhaps I'll post my two cents in here when I finish (on chapter 11) though I only play it on weekends so might be a bit. Regardless, some damn embarrassing posts in this thread and it's a shame you guys will miss some good stuff later because you essentially don't think you should have to move when a guy runs at you with a chainsaw (how else is he getting you???)

Dyno

You can literally run around the boss in circles while taking quick shots until he dies, find any open area and just run in a circle, he'll never catch you.

Really? With that teeny tiny stamina bar you can literally run circles around him?

Squall ASF said:
Wow...it's true....kids are really this bad at video games these days...

Sad that you needed to do this.

People think it's elitist gamers hating on others but no...

I don't want to sound elitist buuuuuuuuuut. Yeah. Sure.

Laura

I killed her on my first playthrough because I upgraded my harpoon to level 5 which makes it fire bolts. It still took me about 40 trap parts, and it's mostly for a trophy/achievement and a key, so if you don't care for it, it's best to run, since killing her is entirely optional. You can also burn her with a match by burning the body as she is coming out of them if you time it right.

Gurish

Oh no. The boss was a cinch for me too. Actually he was a joke. I'm just saying that the game is too much of a technical mess that automatically replying to people saying the game is too hard with an automatic handholding comment is lazy. The technical issues definitely make this game a lot harder than it needs to be.

I think some parts are not designed very well, like Chapter 10
Laura boss
, and even almost the entirety of chapter 11 that was just a chore and not fun at all, however I don't agree that people die a lot because of technical difficulties, maybe 1 death out of 20 happened because of a bad camera angel and narrow FOV or framedrop, no way technical issues will prevent good players from finishing the game.

Besides some parts, which BTW even the most difficulty/frustrating/annoying parts have lots of save points, the game is fair and not frustrating at all imo, you have plenty of tools to deal with every situation.

Really? With that teeny tiny stamina bar you can literally run circles around him?

It's like other games with stamina or similar to juking in older survival horror games. If an enemy is running up to you, it's sometimes best to not run, then when it comes close enough, then you start running. This is usually because in games like this, some enemies change their run/attack animation once they get closer to you, like the Sadist starts up his swinging, so when you run at this point you can get away. I would say on survival, Seb actually runs faster than pretty much most enemies in the game, you just have to press run at the right time.

Chabbles

After getting killed by the chainsaw guy in chapter 3 another 4 times I either shelve or sell this game for good.

I can't make it, RE6 feels like a coherent masterpiece combat wise compared to this. Fuck it. I even got desperate and watched youtube videos. There is nothing I don't get, you just have to get lucky avoiding insta death hits despite those fucking controls.

Man, that bits nothing.. wait till you hit some of the other "boss" battles later on. They can really break the flow of the game with death after death. Having to replay some of these encounters with no auto quick save half way through the encounter was a bitch, having to restart each segment after every death can get annoying. lucky the game is so good though its worth getting through them.

jackdoe

It's like other games with stamina or similar to juking in older survival horror games. If an enemy is running up to you, it's sometimes best to not run, then when it comes close enough, then you start running. This is usually because in games like this, some enemies change their run/attack animation once they get closer to you, like the Sadist starts up his swinging, so when you run at this point you can get away. I would say on survival, Seb actually runs faster than pretty much most enemies in the game, you just have to press run at the right time.
Also, enemy AI is completely stupid in this game. If the layout is a circle, you can pretty much outrun any enemy for as long as you'd like.

Laura boss
, and even almost the entirety of chapter 11 that was just a chore and not fun at all, however I don't agree that people die a lot because of technical difficulties, maybe 1 death out of 20 happened because of a bad camera angel and narrow FOV or framedrop, no way technical issues will prevent good players from finishing the game.

Besides some parts, which BTW even the most difficulty/frustrating/annoying parts have lots of save points, the game is fair and not frustrating at all imo, you have plenty of tools to deal with every situation.
That's great for you. I feel like 50% of my deaths were from the technical issues. The other 50% were fair deaths which were used to learn patterns or layouts. And you're right. If you can look past the technical issues, you can beat the game no problem.

Gurish

The most important thing with Stamina is never let it deplete completely or the game will punish you with the exhausted animation and you are done, all you have to do is run at short bursts and let go of the sprint when the gauge is getting low, most enemies will never catch you like this including the Sadist.

I'm at chapter 14 and level 3 at stamina, didn't need more than that.

-MD-

Yes.

First time I encountered him on Survival difficulty I kited him outside the barn near the wagon and ran around in circles shooting him. If you sprint for 1-2 seconds and let off the button it will regenerate fully in 1-2 seconds, repeat. When he swings the chainsaw it buys you more than enough time to regen stamina.

I'm at chapter 14 and level 3 at stamina, didn't need more than that.

I finished the game with rank 3, I used stock sprint until like chapter 6.

Reading through the thread I'm starting to think that many of the "complaints" with the game are what I praise from it.

I feel the same.

myco666

Laura boss

I really liked that encounter and thought it was well designed.

That's great for you. I feel like 50% of my deaths were from the technical issues. The other 50% were fair deaths which were used to learn patterns or layouts. And you're right. If you can look past the technical issues, you can beat the game no problem.

Which version are you playing since atleast for me the game ran okay almost all the time. I only died once because the game froze for a couple of seconds before trap and when the game unfroze Sebastian just walked right into it. Every other death though was my own fault.

I concur as well about only needing 3 seconds of sprint for the chainsaw boss of chapter 3.

In fact i never felt like I really need to upgrade my sprint until somewhere like midgame, and I've completed first playthrough with only rank 3 sprint, though admittedly I could have used more for Chapter 10.

(After playing Dark Souls I never had problems managing a stamina bar.)

It's all perfectly doable, in fact you would think the most important skill one would have picked up from playing survival horror games of the past is how to run around bosses.

-MD-

I only died once because the game froze for a couple of seconds before trap and when the game unfroze Sebastian just walked right into it. Every other death though was my own fault.

Not exactly the same thing but something similar happened to me earlier today in chapter 3, I was crouching underneath a wire trap and a cutscene started, when it put me back in control Sebastian stood up automatically and triggered it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Reading through the thread I'm starting to think that many of the "complaints" with the game are what I praise from it.

I think that's with a lot of games anymore. Opinions become public and they're more shocking than you'd imagine before hand. I can accept some, but when it's down to the point then where do you sort of back off? I assume differences in gaming will become more and more difficult to discuss, especially if we see traditional works like this. Newer games are receiving a much larger release, plus they are being singled out for a lot of different reasons.

A lot of the "complaints" that came from initial reviews (hours before the game even launched or sometime after) were near inches away from a person's game time. The review was just standing in the way of another person's enjoyment.

The only major difference is whose getting the game before the review or who has a strong enough defense to talk about the game in general. This isn't new. Last gen was like that and even before that we had Japanese impressions months before the US did. It's just now games are coming out at a certain time and "everyone" is trying to get their own feel for it all at the same time.

Bebpo

Banned

Dying and learning things is not bad in itself. But I think it's made a lot worse in TEW because of the loading time after each death and some of the cheapness of certain parts. If the game instantly reloaded after a death, it wouldn't feel as punishing as sitting through 20 second loads a bunch of times to get through a section.

the framerate was only a real big issue in chapters 3-4 for me. probably why there aren't as many sandbox-like areas as the game progresses. i guess i can see some FOV complaints, more so due to the aspect ratio choice than anything. that's the type of thing you need to adjust to. dying a small handful of times due to FOV? sure. but beyond that, it's really on the player to make an adjustment based on what the game is giving you in terms of FOV and camera. i really have no idea what you're talking about when you said camera is "wonky" it's a user controlled camera, never caused a death for me.

having said all that, i understand complaints about the technical issues with the game. i'd love to see the result of another 6-ish months of polish on the game. but it's still great to me, flaws and all

Dying and learning things is not bad in itself. But I think it's made a lot worse in TEW because of the loading time after each death and some of the cheapness of certain parts. If the game instantly reloaded after a death, it wouldn't feel as punishing as sitting through 20 second loads a bunch of times to get through a section.

It's actually only like 10-12 seconds, but really, waiting 20 seconds is that painful for you?

Bebpo

Banned
It's actually only like 10-12 seconds, but really, waiting 20 seconds is that painful for you?

In a game where you have like 50-100 deaths in a playthrough it's certainly annoying. Especially because usually the deaths tend to be grouped to a single spot so it's like "play for 3 mins -> die -> load -> get back to where you died -> play for 3 mins -> repeat"

Top Bottom