• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

sphinx

the piano man
thanks for the responses.

so I was thinking about using a new game+ file on akumu difficulty to make it easier... that's not possible right?

I have to do a complete playthrough from scratch if I want to play on nightmare and akumu, right?

You can also just jump around between chapters and retain all your stuff, kinda like RE5.

but the game said I can only jump between chapters if I beat them, apparently a 2nd time.... how come?

Apparently the first Evil Within DLC, The Assignment, has a high chance of releasing on Tuesday. 10 Achievements were just added to the game, update on Steam seems like it'll be 8 GB big, looks like its going live at least currently scheduled for Tuesday. However, Tuesday is not official, just a small drop and a scheduling thing, they could very well push it back, but it does look like the first DLC is nearly done.
Man that would be great. My excitement for more TEW has never ceased.

-MD-

thanks for the responses.

so I was thinking about using a new game+ file on akumu difficulty to make it easier... that's not possible right?

I have to do a complete playthrough from scratch if I want to play on nightmare and akumu, right?

but the game said I can only jump between chapters if I beat them, apparently a 2nd time.... how come?

You can only do newgame+ on the same difficulty you finished the game on or lower.

If you have a completed playthrough saved it should let you choose any chapter in the game by going to "new game +" on the main menu and loading said playthrough.

Dez_

Apparently the first Evil Within DLC, The Assignment, has a high chance of releasing on Tuesday. 10 Achievements were just added to the game, update on Steam seems like it'll be 8 GB big, looks like its going live at least currently scheduled for Tuesday. However, Tuesday is not official, just a small drop and a scheduling thing, they could very well push it back, but it does look like the first DLC is nearly done.

That would be great if it would release soon. I would have expected to see some kind of announcement though, so I don't want to get my expectations up.

Nemmy

agZTEs1.png

Hype intensifies!

Here's hoping they actually flesh out the storyline. There's so much potential to it that so far hasn't been fully realized.

sphinx

the piano man
I am having a lot more fun getting trophies and collecting goodies in the new game + than I had in the first playthrough.

Is that normal?

I am using these 2 guides and I am enjoying it a lot.

Trophy Guide

and for the goodies:

Collectible guide

so what are all trophies that require a new game from zero?

Nightmare/Akumu is the obvious one but what about "finish in under 5 hours" and "don't upgrade with gel"? do I have to do a separate playthrough for those too? if yes then I guess I'll do a casual run from scratch and try to get both trophies in one run,

I am having a lot more fun getting trophies and collecting goodies in the new game + than I had in the first playthrough.

Is that normal?

I am using these 2 guides and I am enjoying it a lot.

Trophy Guide

and for the goodies:

Collectible guide

so what are all trophies that require a new game from zero?

Nightmare/Akumu is the obvious one but what about "finish in under 5 hours" and "don't upgrade with gel"? do I have to do a separate playthrough for those too? if yes then I guess I'll do a casual run from scratch and try to get both trophies in one run,
Why wouldn't it be more enjoyable focusing on trophies after you've finished the game? Seems like a no brainer to me.

You can do the 5 hour run on new game+. The no upgrade run has to be started from a new game.

Holy Shit. DId you know you can press right stick and a at the same time defuse bombs in slow motion. ... this makes it so much easier, especially on akumu.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Can someone clarify this for me: in ng+, if i pick up a collectible, then save and quit the chapter, does it carry over? Can I start a different chapter then, or do I have to finish the chapter? I only have a couple of items to collect, and I don't want to replay entire chapters.

myco666

Can someone clarify this for me: in ng+, if i pick up a collectible, then save and quit the chapter, does it carry over? Can I start a different chapter then, or do I have to finish the chapter? I only have a couple of items to collect, and I don't want to replay entire chapters.

You need to complete the whole chapter for the collectible to save.

Yeah. You can enter your inventory while defusing a bomb to show down time. The timing doesn't have to be exact but it works.

I have to test this. Great find!

You can save. Then go to new game + from that save and pick another chapter. It will register then.

gelf

I've not tried it but I think using that trick could ruin my timing on those bombs, I've pretty much got it down so I fail at most maybe once in every twenty. Having longer to think about it could screw me right up.

it took me a little to get used to it. But during the Akumu Laura chapter 10 fight you need to defuse a bomb to pull the lever and the little extra room the trick gave me helped immensely.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I played through The Evil Within twice when it came out and it's an excellent game in my opinion.

So Kidman is already balanced and there's no need to upgrade her abilities? Awesome! Sounds like the person at the end is on some Weaker type ish.

Kidman you traitor!

MD, I'm just talking out of my ass dude. I'm ready for the DLC!

playing through the game without upgrades shows how little they actually do. If the sprint is a little longer than sebastian's I think her base stats would be fine.

Dez_

Hey, I'm excited for some more content. I like the design of that new enemy too. Don't mind if it's stealth oriented, as long as Kidman can at least fight back somewhat. Going to take a guess and say it will come out late March, but the sooner the better.

There are a couple runs that are faster. He also wastes a ton of ammo on occasion. My time first time through should still be under 5 hours I'm hoping. But world record is 2:52 on survival with ng+.

godisntheradio

Neo Member
End Game Question:
Is it confirmed that the final cutscene is in the real world? and that Kidman actually saved Sebastian? she said "they're not going anywhere" as if she was surprised that Sebastian was alive.

I hope they clear the rest the questions in the dlc

sphinx

the piano man
End Game Question:
Is it confirmed that the final cutscene is in the real world? and that Kidman actually saved Sebastian? she said "they're not going anywhere" as if she was surprised that Sebastian was alive.

I hope they clear the rest the questions in the dlc

isn't the whole world supposed to be real, but altered and transfigured by ruvik? I mean, Sebastian isn't inside ruvik's mind or some nightmare?... or is he?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
isn't the whole world supposed to be real, but altered and transfigured by ruvik? I mean, Sebastian isn't inside ruvik's mind or some nightmare?... or is he?

what I got from the story is that the whole thing was an experiment by some nameless organization that kidman was working for. The whole game takes place inside Ruvik's mind, with the other characters sharing consciouness with it. Leslie was the link between Ruvik's mind and all other consciousness

though I don't know I could be wrong.

myco666

Just finished akumu with 263 deaths but I still actually enjoyed the mode alot. Chapter 6 and 11 were by far the hardest. Also the kitchen and freezer in chapter 13 were annoying due to roombas being able to kill you in one hit.

Top Bottom