• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

AlterOdin

I'm just talking man, I'm new to PC gaming, when I originally went to pre-load is stated my pre-load was complete at 96MB....then STEAM fixed it and now its 31 GB, the game is supposed to be 41 GB and I assume without "The Fighting Chance" pack.

That's one high-res double barrel shotgun!

Edit: Maybe misread :\

-MD-

Yup. This is not a good sign.

People are still saying this? Lol.

Anyways, woke up to see a message that GMG keys were in, got the game and season pass all redeemed. Can't wait.

vnyZjLl.png

yZFub9K.gif

PIRL0

Neo Member
regarding the xbox one update size... i can confirm it is 7.5 gigs.. but you can play when the download hits around 15 percent...

the game is definitely different.. intense and fun.. emphasizing stealth avoiding combat unlike RE... i hope they fix the aiming camera angle it zooms in more than it should.. plus the game looks very mediocre graphics wise maybe its the aging IDtech5..

all in all... based on the first 2 chapters.. it offers something new in the horror genre.. is it good or not.. i dont know.. need more time to judge...

i predict that the average score of this game will be around 7.5.... i hope i am wrong..

I hope to find this game in an hour or so, otherwise I gotta stop popping in this thread cuz I'm jelly as fuck for all y'all that got it already.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Just grabbed the season pass myself. All in my STEAM library.

Does anyone clean their PC from the inside before a title comes out? I wodered that today as I do my weekly cleaning. I'm rearranging my setup for this very occasion. Everythings got to look clean and simple for this week.

-MD-

Does anyone clean their PC from the inside before a title comes out? I wodered that today as I do my weekly cleaning. I'm rearranging my setup for this very occasion.

I might actually luck out and get my 970 in the mail before the game comes out so I'll open it up then and clean everything.

That's not something I normally do before a game comes out though, I usually just clean it every 2-3 months.

kodecraft

Does anyone clean their PC from the inside before a title comes out? I wodered that today as I do my weekly cleaning. I'm rearranging my setup for this very occasion. Everythings got to look clean and simple for this week.

I occasionally clean the inside of my PC every 3 weeks.

Grief.exe

I generally shuffle around titles on my SSD so I will have enough room to have my current games on there.

NerdBird

Banned
My copy shipped from ShopTo Friday, I received the text in the evening, but the picture pre-dispatch was at about 10:00am.

This has happened before where I'm not sure if it was dispatched at 10:00am with a whole bunch of texts to follow or if a pic was simply taken and then dispatched at the text time

Needless to say, based on previous experience I have sometimes received it the following day despite really late texts.

Here's hoping The Evil Within pops through my letter box tomorrow morning.

Bzm5PdzIEAE41lt.jpg

jond76

Banned
Theres no way I'm going to finish Alien before this comes out but it's bought already and pre-loading now because I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!

Anung

Un Rama
My copy shipped from ShopTo Friday, I received the text in the evening, but the picture pre-dispatch was at about 10:00am.

This has happened before where I'm not sure if it was dispatched at 10:00am with a whole bunch of texts to follow or if a pic was simply taken and then dispatched at the text time

Needless to say, based on previous experience I have sometimes received it the following day despite really late texts.

Here's hoping The Evil Within pops through my letter box tomorrow morning.

Bzm5PdzIEAE41lt.jpg

I hope you are right. *sends hope energy*

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I might actually luck out and get my 970 in the mail before the game comes out so I'll open it up then and clean everything.

That's not something I normally do before a game comes out though, I usually just clean it every 2-3 months.

I occasionally clean the inside of my PC every 3 weeks.

I generally shuffle around titles on my SSD so I will have enough room to have my current games on there.

Excellent. I find that if you keep everything clean you are more likely to have a better experience in the long run. I figured that I want a huge focus, possibly 90% of the room centered on the television when TEW launches. This will possibly make the sound better as well. I haven't bought a sound bar yet, but my headphones will be great for this.

I just can't take my hand and dip it in salsa then rub it all over my controller. I remember doing that a long time ago. I can't handle the salt on the controller.

Grief.exe

Excellent. I find that if you keep everything clean you are more likely to have a better experience in the long run. I figured that I want a huge focus, possibly 90% of the room centered on the television when TEW launches. This will possibly make the sound better as well. I haven't bought a sound bar yet, but my headphones will be great for this.

I just can't take my hand and dip it in salsa then rub it all over my controller. I remember doing that a long time ago. I can't handle the salt on the controller.

Post headphones.

some impressions here:

http://evilwithin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=450

only read the first few pages...don't think there are spoilers as so far they've been appropriately tagged.

game length sounds like its going to be around the 15hr+ mark? also new game+ :D

"The game really has that survival horror feeling. Its the much deserved following to Resident Evil 4 so far and gives you much freedom with how you want to play the game."

Well damn, I might just have to buy this.

Grief.exe

Switched back and forth between playing FFXIII today at 30 and 60 FPS due to resolution upgrades (8K vs 4K respectively).

Reaffirms my position, I just dislike playing games at below 60 frames. Thankfully, Bethesda gave us an answer on that issue.

Switched back and forth between playing FFXIII today at 30 and 60 FPS due to resolution upgrades (8K vs 4K respectively).

Reaffirms my position, I just dislike playing games at below 60 frames. Thankfully, Bethesda gave us an answer on that issue.

I don't get why they didn't at least put it as an option in settings like tlou remastered...although that setting would seem so out of place on a pc game.

-MD-

well, which is it? survival horror or RE4? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No seriously, which is it? Lol.

So far I haven't seen anything but RE4 comparisons and that was the game where Mikami basically exited the survival-horror genre. We need some impressions from people that played video games before 2005.

Top Bottom