• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Oh GameStop. I called to see if I could get this at midnight with Borderlands and they didn't even know that they were having one for Borderlands... How is that what I received a text message about it. Said he doesn't know if I can but I should be able to. They have a new manager and he might make people wait. Lmao.

Oh GameStop. I called to see if I could get this at midnight with Borderlands and they didn't even know that they were having one for Borderlands... How is that what I received a text message about it. Said he doesn't know if I can but I should be able to. They have a new manager and he might make people wait. Lmao.

Pretty certain it's just an automated system that sends out those texts :)

I wouldn't hold out much hope for that.

Although nobody should expect or be okay with a game that has framerate drops, I kind of have been preparing myself given that I'm very hyped and that I have yet to see someone commenting from a demo be that PAX, E3 or Gamescom who didn't complain about these issues.

Again, it shouldn't happen but I'm at least aware these issues may be in game.

Stop being scared. It's silly.

Nothing wrong with being worried about a game's performance, specially if we are spending $60 on the game.

Oh, I'm not. I was just playing around. Luckily for me, framerate isn't an issue. I'm just looking forward to how this game progresses. It sounds like this is one of those games that gets better as you progress.

S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o.gif

JayEH

Every time there are frame rate issues on a 30 fps game early this gen, I wonder what I bought a PS4 for.

Still excited for the game it is just disappointing if that's the case.

~Kinggi~

Banned
COMPARISON

They made completely different texture sets for each version. This might make sense why they dont have a 'downgrade' option for PC. The whole game is using different assets lol. Thats crazy i dont really remember that happening before outside a handful of games.

Every time there are frame rate issues on a 30 fps game early this gen, I wonder what I bought a PS4 for.

Still excited for the game it is just disappointing if that's the case.

Don't feel bad. They locked it to 30 on PC too (although with workarounds). Really interested to see PC performance on this one.

Explain how new game plus with chapter select and cryptic titles for each stage spoiler 5 he game?

Cryptic titles? They leave a certain impression and speak to the imagination, I do not imagine how it's not a spoiler for those that want to go in without knowing much or any specifics. How is it even a question? It's a chapter select screenshot..

But I guess it's just me. I'm still sour after the Deus Ex installer showed me all the level/texture names as it was installing, therefore spoiling a lot of the locations for me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The big spoiler is seeing how many chapters there are.

It's pretty funny since a few days ago someone revealed how many chapters are in the game and i freaked out but everyone said no calm down, that is not a spoiler, we've known this for half a year.

SDCowboy

It's pretty funny since a few days ago someone revealed how many chapters are in the game and i freaked out but everyone said no calm down, that is not a spoiler, we've known this for half a year.

Thankfully I still don't know. I've been able to avoid seeing the actual final chapter number. lol

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I watched on hour of a stream last night... this thing looks like a retread of RE4. Maybe even a bit more generic? I'll really need to hear good buzz to want to check it out...

Xpliskin

I dived out of this thread for a while and I come back and read something about frame rates. What's going on?

Lol, you and me both. Starting to get second thoughts on this one. :(

Just a few impressions saying the framerate dips too much to their liking in particular chapter segments when a lot was happening on the screen.
Other users reported a stable experience.

Nothing to worry about.

e.g have a grenade's particles be in front of the camera in RE4 and you'll get similar dips (ok, not as worse)
e.g it'll feel like GTA V with a lot going on the screen

This is the part of me that you're never gonna take away from me.
Katy-Perry-GIF-030.gif

night out is glorious, I'm smashed. praise mobile GAF

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I watched on hour of a stream last night... this thing looks like a retread of RE4. Maybe even a bit more generic? I'll really need to hear good buzz to want to check it out...

How's the affluenza holding up there?

I wouldn't get too concerned. If anything it's a whole other experience. This reminds me when The Darkness came out and the first couple hours you were just fascinated by the graphics. I don't think this is the same thing, but I think some people will treat it like that.

Nuke Soda

I think I'll go with the PS3 version.
I won't be able to play it if there's always a picture of a guy on the corner like in the PS4 version

jk

You are missing out my friend, the PS4 face cam guy watching you play even when you are not streaming is a revolution.

This game is so good really, but the comparison between the PS4 and PS3 is huge.
I wouldn't recommend the PS3 version at all. It has serious textures issues,
some later places are totally over saturated, I guess that is because of the lack of Video RAM.
Problem is also it constantly loads without pause, there is a lot of pop in.
I think it will be like night and day when I play the PC version this Tue.
Shadows look also weird, and there is no AA or anything.

So got my gamestop text for a midnight release.

called them to make sure.

Gonna pick up This, Senran Kegura vita, and the Playstation TV. Gonna be a good tuesday early morning.

Top Bottom