• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

I think if you burn a body of an enemy, it doesn't respawn if you have to restart at a checkpoint...

Great game btw. Feels like it could have been released in the PS2/GC/Xbox era. I mean that in a positive manner!

I really like hearing that.

From the playthroughs I've seen so far on the ps3, it's clear that there is some jank but it still looks like the game I've been wanting to play. Atmospheric as can be. Can't wait for tuesday.

Good lord at the deaths in this game, webm from the latest trailer that I saw on giantbomb. Not sure what in the hell is going on with the neck though, lol. I think it actually makes it scarier.
link

I love that people are laughing at a guy for his opinion(as if it's wrong and he's not allowed to have one)that RE6 had better gameplay than TEW. He's probably just spoiled by the casual development by developers looking for that mainstream sweet spot in games today.

Resident Evil 6 isn't really casual given it's the most mechanically complex third person shooter ever made. It and the Evil Within are obviously going for very different things though, I imagine being able to roll about and slide into enemies would break the latter :p

Good lord at the deaths in this game, webm from the latest trailer that I saw on giantbomb. Not sure what in the hell is going on with the neck though, lol. I think it actually makes it scarier.
link

What I really love about a small detail in the game, is when you run into spike traps like that, or you use them against the enemies, instead of like some games where they clip through the enemies, it lifts their bodies up along with it and they drop down after the spikes recede.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sebastian has a
rubber neck
?

hqdefault.jpg

Easy, play RE6

:)

I did, and I had fun with it =p

RE6 is more developed in terms of the combat system and what we can do with it (dodge roll, quick shot, melee combos etc.), obviously we can't have all that in TEW because survival horror and what not, but I think some parts could still be worked in with moderation... like dodge roll and suplexes XD

What I really love about a small detail in the game, is when you run into spike traps like that, or you use them against the enemies, instead of like some games where they clip through the enemies, it lifts their bodies up along with it and they drop down after the spikes recede.

That's great to hear!

If it's true that burning bodies means that enemy doesn't appear when you die and have to continue..I have to say that's a neat mechanic.

Majora

I couldn't figure out what I was meant to do with the boss at the end of chapter six. Died about 5 times in a row and then just got lucky really. What was the proper way to do it? Spoiler the solution obvs

the mutated giant dog thing. First I tried sprinting out the way when it came charging at me but that only worked sporadically. Then I thought maybe you were meant to try and stealth it by hiding in the grass and bushes like the dog does but it still tended to just charge straight at me. In the end I just put some shotgun shells in its face and fired an explosive trap onto its leg but I still took loads of damage and nearly died before that. Hints?

Curufinwe

I think it'll be lucky to crack 80.

Still torn about pre ordering on PS4 or not. I can deal with a few frame drops here and there, but sustained drops into the low 20s is not acceptable to me in a $60 game.

I think it'll be lucky to crack 80.

Still torn about pre ordering on PS4 or not. I can deal with a few frame drops here and there, but sustained drops into the low 20s is not acceptable to me in a $60 game.

There is a day 1 patch for the game. Hopefully is to fix the framerate issue.

Top Bottom