• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

My apologies if this has already been answered but I'm a little bit confused by some posts I read earlier...

I have a french PS3 and I'm planning on downloading the game on PSN, will I have access to the english dub ?

And if not, is there a way for me to buy the game on the UK PSN without creating a new account ?

I know, I can hardly wait.

index.php

The waiting hurts.

Sanctuary

PLEASE fix this. Your tv is capable of displaying an amazing picture. This is totally doing the opposite. I don't need to see it. I can just see the settings - this is awful.

Actually, it's still pretty awful but I had not actually considered the lighting with his viewing situation. Not that color 100 and sharpness 100 are ever going to look good at any lighting level, but it makes me wonder if he's trying to overcompensate for a brightly lit room. Plasma picture is pretty much destroyed in anything higher than "dim".

http://lifehacker.com/5858625/how-t...oost-your-video-quality-in-30-minutes-or-less

PLEASE fix this. Your tv is capable of displaying an amazing picture. This is totally doing the opposite. I don't need to see it. I can just see the settings - this is awful.

ya know, it's funny.

I'm watching suspiria right now and there's a THX optimiser embedded in it, so I ran through it.

I did adjust the levels slightly for colour and and contrast but they're still in the mid-80's.

I'm pretty familiar with the games and movies I own and how they should look. (argento, leoni, kubrick, carpenter, etc)

The settings that I used for over 2 years were boring and it always annoyed me, nothing stood out. I like where I have my settings and it's not like I haven't done research. Like I said earlier, my shit looks good.

I take my entertainment center seriously. Besides, you haven't seen it so unless you have the exact same television and house/light set-up as me, maybe you should can it and not worry about how I handle my living room, either that or come over and feast your eyes upon my baller ass setup. lol

now i'm just trolling.

Watching a stream on Twitch, it's got a wonderful creepy atmosphere, good pacing. The switch from third to first person when using weapons is really putting me off though, I don't like it, I wanted a over the shoulder view.

Watching a stream on Twitch, it's got a wonderful creepy atmosphere, good pacing. The switch from third to first person when using weapons is really putting me off though, I don't like it, I wanted a over the shoulder view.

It isn't really first person so much so as a close up from the side lol. I'm betting they did this so that there won't be extra fps drops, that or to create more tension which it does especially when you're being attacked by 4 assholes who want to rip you apart.

Sanctuary

ya know, it's funny.

I'm watching suspiria right now and there's a THX optimiser embedded in it, so I ran through it.

I did adjust the levels slightly for colour and and contrast but they're still in the mid-80's.

I'm pretty familiar with the games and movies I own and how they should look. (argento, leoni, kubrick, carpenter, etc)

The settings that I used for over 2 years were boring and it always annoyed me, nothing stood out. I like where I have my settings and it's not like I haven't done research. Like I said earlier, my shit looks good.

I'm sorry, but unless your TV just shipped with some funky ass gamma settings, I don't need to actually see it to know it's not going to look good. As I mentioned in the previous post, I don't know what your lighting situation is, but it sounds like maybe you're trying to overcompensate.

It's fine if your plasma picture "bored" you and you wanted to go with pretty much the opposite of what anyone else actually going for a calibration would do. You might like it, but that doesn't mean it looks good and your roomates noticing it doesn't really say whether or not they think it looks good either. I wonder if you've actually seen what a properly calibrated TV looks like in proper lighting.

It isn't really first person so much so as a close up from the side lol. I'm betting they did this so that there won't be extra fps drops, that or to create more tension which it does especially when you're being attacked by 4 assholes who want to rip you apart.

Not feeling it at all. Everything else though I'm liking, it's like Wes Craven + John Carpenter meets Resident Evil with a sprinkle of Silent Hill.

I'm sorry, but unless your TV just shipped with some funky ass gamma settings, I don't need to actually see it to know it's not going to look good. As I mentioned in the previous post, I don't know what your lighting situation is, but it sounds like maybe you're trying to overcompensate.

It's fine if your plasma picture "bored" you and you wanted to go with pretty much the opposite of what anyone else actually going for a calibration would do. You might like it, but that doesn't mean it looks good and your roomates noticing it doesn't really say whether or not they think it looks good either. I wonder if you've actually seen what a properly calibrated TV looks like in proper lighting.

So friends and roommates saying, "wow, this movie looks great!!" apparently doesn't mean what I thought it meant. We've been watching blu-rays every night at the house, horror film October and these are movies that I've seen dozens of times. If they looked wonky, I'd know.

To each their own. No clue why some of you care so much about where my settings are at and want to dictate how everyone's calibration should be.

Besides, this is a debate that is clearly a waste of time for everyone involved so I'll just leave it at that.

bring on tuesday and HEIGHTENED LEVELS of hype.

lowell.

Not feeling it at all. Everything else though I'm liking, it's like Wes Craven + John Carpenter meets Resident Evil with a sprinkle of Silent Hill.

You will when you play it. The weird thing is that it doesn't play like RE4 because of how the game puts you in environments to be stealthy/methodical with traps all around that you could use to your advantage as well as get hurt by if you're not careful or barraged by enemies ala village in RE4 style. Sebastian's aim also sucks major ass unless you upgrade the accuracy of your handgun as well as critical damage on your weapons, he could miss bullets easily especially when enemies move too quick. Only the handgun has the option to upgrade the accuracy for some reason.

If you have seen movies like Shutter Island, Se7en, Evil Dead 1, The Shinning or played games like Silent Hill then it borrows things from each one and makes it into something of it's own. It looks and feels like as I stated a much darker, grittier RE4 with gameplay that is much more realistic compared to RE4's leon who does everything too fast. Case in point, Sebastian goes out of breath and literally stops to catch his breath if you ran alot, you could upgrade his stamina so that he runs alot. It definitely is a game that will change in terms of gameplay the more you upgrade Sebastian himself and not just his weapons. So far, I am loving it much more than RE4 simply because it's much more consistent in horror as well as psychological horror.

antitrop

I haven't seen Greg Miller actually review a game in a while, thought he's been in a more of a hosting role at IGN, recently. I dunno, I don't pay too much attention over there.

Just as long as Colin Moriarty or Ryan Mccaffrey aren't anywhere near the review of this game is enough for me.

-MD-

I actually believed it too.

I haven't seen Greg Miller actually review a game in a while, thought he's been in a more of a hosting role at IGN, recently. I dunno, I don't pay too much attention over there.

Just as long as Colin Moriarty or Ryan Mccaffrey aren't anywhere near the review of this game is enough for me.

Greg Miller is the only guy at IGN I know by name and back when it was first being shown off he was rolling his eyes saying how poorly it showed and how much he hates oldschool "clunky" survival horror games. If it's him I fully expect a 4/10.

He very well could be for all I know.

I used to listen to podcast beyond all the time as well as gamescoop, nintendo voicechat, etc. But god, IGN has become so much more of a joke, at least to me, over the last couple years. I listened to their most recent podcast beyond, first time in 2 years or so and it was unbearable.

He very well could be for all I know.

I used to listen to podcast beyond all the time as well as gamescoop, nintendo voicechat, etc. But god, IGN has become so much more of a joke, at least to me, over the last couple years. I listened to their most recent podcast beyond, first time in 2 years or so and it was unbearable.

I don't think they grasped the opinion of people talking over each other about none sense doesn't make good listening.

You will when you play it. The weird thing is that it doesn't play like RE4 because of how the game puts you in environments to be stealthy/methodical with traps all around that you could use to your advantage as well as get hurt by if you're not careful or barraged by enemies ala village in RE4 style. Sebastian's aim also sucks major ass unless you upgrade the accuracy of your handgun as well as critical damage on your weapons, he could miss bullets easily especially when enemies move too quick. Only the handgun has the option to upgrade the accuracy for some reason.

If you have seen movies like Shutter Island, Se7en, Evil Dead 1, The Shinning or played games like Silent Hill then it borrows things from each one and makes it into something of it's own. It looks and feels like as I stated a much darker, grittier RE4 with gameplay that is much more realistic compared to RE4's leon who does everything too fast. Case in point, Sebastian goes out of breath and literally stops to catch his breath if you ran alot, you could upgrade his stamina so that he runs alot. It definitely is a game that will change in terms of gameplay the more you upgrade Sebastian himself and not just his weapons. So far, I am loving it much more than RE4 simply because it's much more consistent in horror as well as psychological horror.

Sounds good, my friend is getting this day one so I get a feel for the controls/gun camera then and if I like it I will buy a copy myself

GravyButt

I should note though that the shooting, headshots, killing enemies and burning them, gunplay in general, is satisfying as fuck.

Yes! Its funny how some games headshots dont feel like anything, and other games they feel amazing.

For example I thought the latest Tomb Raider had an awesomely satisfying headshot feeling.

Anybody have any idea when this unlocks on Steam? I was just wondering if this one gonna be another one of those games where it unlocks at a reasonable time(I.E. if it unlocks 12AM EST, it'll be 10pm Mountain Time) or if it is going to be locked until a later time than anticipated.

-MD-

Anybody have any idea when this unlocks on Steam? I was just wondering if this one gonna be another one of those games where it unlocks at a reasonable time(I.E. if it unlocks 12AM EST, it'll be 10pm Mountain Time) or if it is going to be locked until a later time than anticipated.

The store page tells you on steam, 1 day and 5 hours.

These impressions and reviews are killing me. I need this game so bad. Can't wait to hear more detailed opinions and thoughts once more of you guys get your hands on it! They will be all I have to subsist on until I'm able to play the game in november or december.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just had a terrible thought that the game wouldnt release on steam in europe until friday but thankfully its tuesday like america...whew was scared for a second

Top Bottom