• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Well this is some bullshit, PSN unlocks 3-5 hours before steam?
I wouldn't worry about it too much, steam counters are often inaccurate and unlock much earlier than normal. For example Ryse was supposed to come out at noon and ended up randomly unlocking at 2 AM. If it unlocks at midnight est on PSN, it will on steam as well.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
GUYS!

ITS MY BIRTHDAY AND I'M GOING TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT ON TUESDAY.

Caps!

647301bc49e9159a45c93f48dcaf612f5bfe46c246c45df09494ae1fc10225f8.jpg

Steam tags are the best
MuObGTD.jpg

80 bucks? What the fuck...

It's an encounter that's already been previewed
(the village)
, there's no story stuff, and the encounter isn't even completed over the course of the video. If anything, it'll really get your juices flowing for strategy in the game. I found myself constantly thinking "well, they could have done this here, and that there, etc". This game is going to offer a ton of ways to be creative and save ammo.

I was wondering if you might recognize the girl in this photograph.

Does anyone know how the fighting chance preorder bonus is going to be accessed? I preloaded the game on steam via gmg and used both codes not knowing that one was for the fighting chance bonus... I don't want to use it though, so I want to know how to avoid it once I start playing.

-MD-

I've never really played much survival horror but the more I look into this the more I'm tempted to pick it up.

Buy this and REmake in january.

Do it.

Does anyone know how the fighting chance preorder bonus is going to be accessed? I preloaded the game on steam via gmg and used both codes not knowing that one was for the fighting chance bonus... I don't want to use it though, so I want to know how to avoid it once I start playing.

I believe once the game unlocks you can right click it in your library > properties > DLC and uncheck the dlc box.

Something like that.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Once the game is released (as you can't access properties on a game until released), on your Steam library, Right click the game > Go to properties > Click the DLC tab > Disable DLC.

Edit: MD ninja'd me.

I guess what I wanna know the most from those here that have played it, is does the game have that same dread-soaked atmosphere that RE4 had? Soundtrack is usually a big part of that for me, those low bass drone pieces that played throughout the Village segment really upped the tension for me and thought I was in some nightmare world with no hope. Sooo does this manage to channel that feeling well throughout?

Sanctuary

Just drop the items from your inventory...

I guess what I wanna know the most from those here that have played it, is does the game have that same dread-soaked atmosphere that RE4 had? Soundtrack is usually a big part of that for me, those low bass drone pieces that played throughout the Village segment really upped the tension for me and thought I was in some nightmare world with no hope. Sooo does this manage to channel that feeling well throughout?

It was practically Care-a-Lot compared to REmake.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You may be able to prolong your life, but it's not like you can escape your inevitable death, is it?

This line is the dumbest thing for me. I have no idea why, but the simplest and dumbest YouTube poop edit of that scene always pops up in my head when it comes up. All the YTP did was switch around his wording so he says, "You may be able to prolong your death, but it's not like you can escape your inevitable life, is it?" -pause- "Bitch," and then jump cut to him super quickly leaping away.

It's stuck with me, and it's dumb.

Sorry to have bothered.

Freeze! I said freeze!

*headshots the ganado and roundhouse kicks him in the face*

Me playing for the first time: "Wow, this game isn't scary at all!"

I entered that house for the first time as a whispering sissy and left as a certified badass ready to bring liberty and freedom to those poor motherfuckers by any means necessary.

LOL. RE4 is sunshine and rainbows compared to TEW. TEW is a like a much darker, grittier, gorier game than RE4. Here is a non spoilerific pic that hopefully helps you get a feel of the atmosphere and all. Yes, I also am playing in the dark of course.

LOL. RE4 is sunshine and rainbows compared to TEW. TEW is a like a much darker, grittier, gorier game than RE4. Here is a non spoilerific pic that hopefully helps you get a feel of the atmosphere and all. Yes, I also am playing in the dark of course.

I play all my games in the dark. It's the only way to play
(literally, because I'm on a plasma).

Miguel81

That's music to my ears. Wonder how it will run on an AMD gpu, though.

I have a Panasonic Viera X Series 42".

There's really no reason to explain myself in detail other than the simple fact that, uh...I like the way it looks, ha.

None of my roommates have complained, in fact, they've noticed the difference as well.

actually, here are my exact settings, I was wrong, I have the brightness up slightly.

viewing mode- dynamic
contrast - 100
brightness - +7
colour - 100
sharpness - 100
tint - 0
colour balance - warm
vivid colour - on

My shit looks awesome, also have 5.1 for the added depth.

Don't knock it till you've seen it, lol.

PLEASE fix this. Your tv is capable of displaying an amazing picture. This is totally doing the opposite. I don't need to see it. I can just see the settings - this is awful.

Top Bottom