• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

THEaaron

Wait, does that mean the game does not include english voice and text in the eu version? I live in germany but i want to play the game in english. If i cant do that with the german version of the game, i have to skip the game. :(

My GER version gives me france, espanol and italian. Yeah.. it's dumb.

JimPanzer

Wait, does that mean the game does not include english voice and text in the eu version? I live in germany but i want to play the game in english. If i cant do that with the german version of the game, i have to skip the game. :(

consider buying it from the US psn store if your internet connection is ok. I was in the same situation as you and did just that, it's even cheaper!

Kevin VanOrd gave it a 6/10.

Rickroll.gif

It's not even funny

vg260

Just waiting on how (or if) this runs acceptably on a 2GB vid card. If the 60 fps unlock works ok without having to enter the console command every time you run the game, I'll get this game on PC. Sadly, I'll miss out on a little pre-order savings and pre-order DLC just waiting to hear if the game is broken or not. Wish they would have been more upfront about this. It might actually cost them a sale as I have a Gamefly PS4 copy coming, and I want to play it asap. If I start on the PS4 version, I likely won't bother on PC.

Sanctuary

Just waiting on how (or if) this runs acceptably on a 2GB vid card. If the 60 fps unlock works ok without having to enter the console command every time you run the game, I'll get this game on PC. Sadly, I'll miss out on a little pre-order savings and pre-order DLC just waiting to hear if the game is broken or not. Wish they would have been more upfront about this. It might actually cost them a sale as I have a Gamefly PS4 copy coming, and I want to play it asap. If I start on the PS4 version, I likely won't bother on PC.

That really depends on what you consider acceptable. Tango/Bethesda were claiming that 1080p/30fps would need a 4gb card. If you're seriously considering trying to play it at 60fps, you would almost certainly have to lower the resolution to 720p as well as set a lot of the in game options to medium or lower if that's true.

I must be the only person that still enjoys being Rick Rolled in 2014.

I listen to the whole thing every time, too.

I did it simply because it was one of the most overused memes that died down, so no one was expecting it.

JimPanzer

What? Really? US PSN?

I bought the game from the US psn, but playing under my EU account. The time stated was from the EU start screen. Should be the same for US though.

edit: yeah, sorry. US acc start screen tells me 14 hours and some minutes. I guess you could set up an EU account and play the game in 8 hours (?)

Gbraga

I bought the game from the US psn, but playing under my EU account. The time stated was from the EU start screen. Should be the same for US though.

edit: yeah, sorry. US acc start screen tells me 14 hours and some minutes. I guess you could set up an EU account and play the game in 8 hours (?)

I'm US EST, it tells me 14 hours. Install size is 38GB.

Still earlier than I thought, cool.

I won't have a lot of time to sleep though.

Lanrutcon

That really depends on what you consider acceptable. Tango/Bethesda were claiming that 1080p/30fps would need a 4gb card. If you're seriously considering trying to play it at 60fps, you would almost certainly have to lower the resolution to 720p as well as set a lot of the in game options to medium or lower if that's true.

I did it simply because it was one of the most overused memes that died down, so no one was expecting it.

Can I just say, that if a game needs a 4gb card to run at 1080p/30fps (and we're going to find out in the next few days) then shit has gone wrong. Like, completely. It's not even a question of optimisation at that point, it's a matter of 'what did they break in that engine?'. I've watched streams of this game. It's handsome, but by no means does it push any graphical boundaries.

I think Bethesda either misjudged their requirements or severely fucked up on a development level.

vg260

I would be ok lowering to 900p with moderate textures and slightly lowered other settings if it could hit 60fps on a GTX770 2GB. It would be sad if it could not.

AkuMifune

Banned
Dawn of the final day. I awake to rain pounding on the roof and my brain pounding in my head.

At least being hungover on Columbus day seems appropriate. That damn communist.

Sanctuary

Can I just say, that if a game needs a 4gb card to run at 1080p/30fps (and we're going to find out in the next few days) then shit has gone wrong. Like, completely. It's not even a question of optimisation at that point, it's a matter of 'what did they break in that engine?'. I've watched streams of this game. It's handsome, but by no means does it push any graphical boundaries.

I think Bethesda either misjudged their requirements or severely fucked up on a development level.

Did Wolfenstein have a lot of shadows? Because as far as I can tell, that's the main resource hog with this game. That, and it I'm assuming it tries to load all of the content at once per area instead of streaming it.

Arsenic13

I've had too many people tell me I look like Sebastian's partner (with Mikami himself agreeing), so I hope I don't die. I don't like spoilers in trailers, which the last few might have had.

The lack of gore in the Japanese version got me thinking...

One of the few guaranteed ways to take down an enemy is to blow its head off. Not all weapons are guaranteed to do that even on headshots though as shown here, so I wonder: If you have gore disabled, whether by choice or region, how do you know they're dead?

Lanrutcon

Did Wolfenstein have a lot of shadows? Because as far as I can tell, that's the main resource hog with this game. That, and it I'm assuming it tries to load all of the content at once per area instead of streaming it.

For the most part the shadows aren't all the hectic. There are a few places where the game gets very Dark Souls 2 (initial reveal), but I'm not sure why video memory would be a factor there.

As for streaming entire areas...that would be a weird decision, unless it's mandatory in Tech 5? (did Wolf do it?)

The next few days will be interesting.

Gbraga

Oh, right. Never played something the moment it was available on PSN before, can I trust the timer on my PS4 completely or should I sleep for one more hour just to give Sony some time? >_>

Top Bottom