• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

Steam is DRM when the product is forced to use STEAM otherwise no playing.

If this game didn't have STEAM, you could get the game from the store and play instantly

So basically, you mean retail? In which case you'd have to wait for the arbitrary release date set by the publisher.

greenfish

Banned
So basically, you mean retail? In which case you'd have to wait for the arbitrary release date set by the publisher.

Evil Within PC Retail is in most of the stores where I live. If this didn't have steam I could just install the game and play.

RETAIL yes that's the word I was after, i'm not a native english speaker

BajiBoxer

Banned
Then the publishers should let everyone game when code is uploaded and let everyone else wait for physical media to arrrive (tuesday/friday)

All the recent games i've purchased have been steam only, as in you're required to use steam to play the game (unlock) even if I have the physical media in front of me.

The Evil Within, if I buy the game in the store right now, I can't play until tomorrow because it's required by steam.

That's not the case with consoles.
Actually that is often the case with consoles. You buy game, retailer has game a week ahead of time but won't give it to you. Or a game has an online component or day 1 patch that you won't get until Tuesday even if the retailers breaks the street date.

FaintDeftone

I have the game preordered and paid for, but I'm really looking forward to reviews on this one. Hopefully it delivers... if not I'll swap my preorder for Sunset Overdrive or Bayonetta 2.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Evil Within PC Retail is in most of the stores where I live. If this didn't have steam I could just install the game and play.

RETAIL yes that's the word I was after, i'm not a native english speaker
I don't think your local retailers breaking the street date for games says anything one way or the other about Steam.

AsfaeksBR

Produto em pré-venda.
Lançamento previsto para 14/10/2014

Wow, the store I pre-ordered it from changed the release date. They were only getting the game on the 17th, but now it's the 14th.
The game will probably arrive before my PS4...

greenfish

Banned

Actually that is often the case with consoles. You buy game, retailer has game a week ahead of time but won't give it to you. Or a game has an online component or day 1 patch that you won't get until Tuesday even if the retailers breaks the street date.

But there are stores that sells the game early. This patch you're talking about is it required for you to play (single player) on a console?

I don't think your local retailers breaking the street date for games says anything one way or the other about Steam.

If the game evil within didn't have steam, I could play the game right this minute because I have the physical media in front of me.

Greatness just arrived at my house.

Enjoy it sir, enjoy it!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Greatness just arrived at my house.

scarface39k9b.gif

Post impressions

Xpliskin

There, there my little leprechaun.

I didn't want to spawn copycats.

ANYWAY

I got Zwei copies of Zwei in my Zwei hands.
One for me, one gift for the little sis.

Spread the love.

g7zTkN8.jpg

This world is too small.

my phone's front camera is not crap. Bethesda, I accept paypal.

J4g3r

The initial 4GB downloaded very quickly on the PS4, where can I view the rest of the download?

Is that even possible?

Stopped at Chapter 5 last night, 4 hours in.

If the pace stays as it is, this is going to be a great game. If it manages to surpass what I've played so far, it just might be Mikami's horror masterpiece.

Be excited, peeps.

AsfaeksBR

MyEpitomeCliché;134141585 said:
Stopped at Chapter 5 last night, 4 hours in.

If the pace stays as it is, this is going to be a great game. If it manages to surpass what I've played so far, it just might be Mikami's horror masterpiece.

Be excited, peeps.

AVewedV.gif

NerdBird

Banned
It's at my house right now...and I'm at work...I don't finish until 6pm and even then I have a 1.5 hour commute back home.

GOD DAMMIT SET ME FREE!!

Looks like the game would unlock something like 7pm EST if i change my region on xbox one to the Uk....

i did it for diablo and destiny. wonder if it would work again

Drewfonse

So I normally buy games from Amazon, but I've recently started getting a few titles on ebay. I pre ordered TEW last Tuesday from a seller who had 10/15 as the estimated delivery date. Because it hadn't shipped yet, I contacted them today, and they informed me that they would be getting the game on the 14th, and would ship it the next day. The bizarre part is that the person has 500 feedbacks, ALL of them positive. Is this how things are done by some sellers on ebay? He almost seemed confused by my question about why it hadn't shipped yet.

Oh well. I'll have it by FR/SAT. Alien Isolation should be here tomorrow.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Sorry, greatness arrived, not the game that blows RE4 out of the water and then curb stomps it into the sewer or whatever. That's tomorrow.

If you think about it. RE4 is RE4. It's considered one of the greatest period. You'd possibly need another RE to out perform it. I hope Capcom reads this. I'd love to know what their thoughts are on a reboot and in terms of out performing RE4. I bet they could go on and on about "the technology and the way the later RE games looked, etc, etc", but what's their views on having the last 2 games going where they did and the possibility that they are just dismissing the idea to make a game on that same level again.

The standard is too high IMO. Anything is possible, yet some things probably wont be better than others.

I think one thing we can take away from this thread for sure. Some countries don't give two shits about release dates. LOL. Everybody that get's it early. Enjoy! Can't wait to hear all your thoughts.

AsfaeksBR

I think one thing we can take away from this thread for sure. Some countries don't give two shits about release dates. LOL. Everybody that get's it early. Enjoy! Can't wait to hear all your thoughts.

Finsihed the game, Slasher?
Will your review be up at the end of the embargo? Or later?

Top Bottom