• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

SpokkX

Framerate is all over the place on PS4 and I'm finding the black boarders very distracting. Other than that I'm really enjoying it so far (4 chapters in)

Crap

I really want to play this but I cannot stand low fps.. Are we talking constant low fps? Or just drops when lots of stuff is happening?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Framerate is all over the place on PS4 and I'm finding the black boarders very distracting. Other than that I'm really enjoying it so far (4 chapters in)
Hadn't noticed, must not be very sensitive to framerates

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I don't see 6 hours, but Evil Within did just move up its unlock time. It should be unlocking 9-10 PM my time now as opposed to midnight.

addyb

My simply games order dispatched today. Hopefully tomorrow or weds. Can't wait. Shadows of mordor exceeded my expectations and so did drive club. Could this be 3 in a row? I'm having a great time gaming at the moment.

Okay let's start this game. I'll be back in 1-3 hours with some XB1 impressions.

Can't wait to hear your impressions as well as everyone else today and the coming days.

1116.gif

Sanctuary

I just got some new Sony MDR-DS6500 surround headphones and ready to lose my shit to all the horror ambient sounds in the game.

Please tell me the game has some good sound effects and ambient audio.

Tell me how those sound. I was thinking about upgrading my Pioneer SE-DIR800C to the DS6500 or DS7500 at some point for the consoles. I just use dedicated headphones and a Xonar STX for my gaming PC.

Well things just got interesting for me. I actually have both the PC version and the PS4 version. If I find the framerate is "all over the place" on the PC, I'm not even sure if it would be worth unwrapping the PS4 version to see if it's any better. Later patches and fixes kind of don't fucking matter since I am not going to just shelve the game until later after I've already started.

Then again, "all over the place" could mean something entirely different from person to person.

Fifty

Speaking of unlocking, does anyone know when the Xbox One version will unlock? If it's Midnight eastern, that's great..midnight pacific, not so much.

Fellow xbox oners

Im seeing it unlocks in India at 01 IST. Thats only 30 mins from now. Im wondering if the region switching will work again?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
So it looks like Americans will be able to VPN to unlock early?

WILL IT WORK?
WILL I BE ABLE TO BEAT ALIEN BEFORE THEN?
WILL THE FPS UNLOCK BREAK THE GAME?
WILL I CALM DOWN?

Tell me how those sound. I was thinking about upgrading my Pioneer SE-DIR800C to the DS6500 or DS7500 at some point for the consoles. I just use dedicated headphones and a Xonar STX for my gaming PC.

I'm really not the best to give a proper impression since I'm not an audiophile to begin with and I didn't have any comparable headphones to compare.
All I can say is they sound good to me and after going from some cheaper Philips SHP-2600 cable headphones I'm really happy. Some reviews say that the bass would lack some punch but I can't tell. They're okay, quality is good and they support 5.1 audio over optical. Also no noticable lag. I got nothing to complain yet.

greenfish

Banned
holy crap they actually lowered the release from 14 hours down to 5 hours
Now i'm gonna stop moaning about games getting later released on steam vs physical

:)

Top Bottom