• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

greenfish

Banned
1156.gif

You're saying you can play the steam version ?

Sorry sir, i'm not a native english speaker, I meant they lowered the 14 hours for me down to 5 hours, sorry :/

It says 5 hours for me (Sweden)

Gbraga

Screw it, I'm taking a five hour nap now and come back once it's unlocked. Bye guys.

That's what I'm planning on doing. I'll run straight home when work is over, take a shower and go to sleep until the alarm tells me it's MIKAMI TIME.

Then I'll just play for 7 hours or so until it's time to get ready for work again.

eXistor

Time out, whats with the giant black bars anyway?

For stabler framerate maybe? They're bigger than I expected myself, they take a bit getting used to, but it's not too bad, it just feels a bit....narrow and claustrophobic.

I really want to play this game, but I have a rule for highly-anticipated games to not play it until the weekend for the ultimate experience. I'll just stop playing now and continue with Alien Isolation (I only played chapter 1 of TEW and that was really short).

Gbraga

I'm staring

For stabler framerate maybe? They're bigger than I expected myself, they take a bit getting used to, but it's not too bad, it just feels a bit....narrow and claustrophobic.

I really want to play this game, but I have a rule for highly-anticipated games to not play it until the weekend for the ultimate experience. I'll just stop playing now and continue with Alien Isolation (I only played chapter 1 of TEW and that was really short).

The Ultimate Experience™

Xpliskin

Sorry sir, i'm not a native english speaker, I meant they lowered the 14 hours for me down to 5 hours, sorry :/

It says 5 hours for me (Sweden)

Aaaah OK. You're in the same boat as us.

European midnight release.

The 3D art thing you get with the limited edition reminds me of this:
Cabin-in-the-Woods-feat.jpg

By the way don't open the "police" booklet, it has artwork that may be spoilery for some of you..

Zyae

Alright so check it out.

Its currently "available" in India, being the 14th as of like 7 mins ago.

https://store.xbox.com/en-IN/Xbox-O...r-Bundle/ac9e616b-d9b9-48f3-b8ef-5cc27af782f8

But it still says prepurchase.
EDIT: Now says buy now

For diablo and destiny, i changed my region online to hong kong and australia respectively, and downloaded the game early because it released in THAT region.

Im wondering if that still applies?

Someone take one for the team and try this

Someone take one for the team and try this

its worked twice for me with zero issues im just not home to confirm its gonna work again

1. change xbox one region in settings to region where game is unlocked
2. buy online at store.xbox.com in region where game is unlocked
3. game will appear on xbox under "manage" in "my games and apps", install it, launch it
4. switch region back
5. play gamez

T-Rex.

Banned
Chapter 1 was really disappointing. The black bars, suspect frame rate and dodgy acting all took time getting used to and I was starting to think maybe I shouldn't have picked it up immediately, but then I started chapter 2 and oh my god. THE ATMOSPHERE/TENSION is too fucking much. The game is also really fucking tough. Every bullet really does count and every step has to be planned in advance otherwise you're leaving yourself open to get rekt. This game, based solely on the few chapters I've played, is both everything I wanted and everything that terrifies me in a game. I don't think any of you guys will be disappointed.

Teknoman

Did you play Resident Evil 4 on Gamecube? Same thing, basically.

Well yeah, but I dont remember them being that big...but then again I had to get used to Dragon's Dogma, and now that doesnt really bother me as much. They do seem much larger than what you'd usually see when devs choose a different aspect ratio.

EDIT: Also threw me off since in one of THEaaron's screenshots, there is an ingame icon inside the top black bar, so it doesnt exactly seem like Dragon's Dogma or RE4 Gamecube.

Changed my region to India and it seems to be downloading.

It doesnt say pre order on the download either.

Great news.

Remember not to change your region back til you launch it so it "unlocks"

that said, i have no idea if thats actually true. Ive just always done it that way so wanted to give a heads up

Teknoman

It is, on PC

I thought that would cause visual glitches? I remember reading something about that with the original version of RE4 but maybe i'm mistaken.

At any rate, looking at the trailers...I guess they were always there. I just never noticed them. It'll make things feel more claustrophobic no matter the environment for sure, but I dealt with it for Dragon's Dogma, I can do the same here.

So I'm getting towards the end but from chapter 7 and onward.

sRKRZr6LddpNS.gif

I literally had to stop after chapter 10. Too much is sometimes too much.

For some reason this shipped on Friday from Gamefly. I dunno if it's just because today was a holiday (for some, not for me certainly) or if Gamefly is actually trying to ship things to arrive by release day for a change.

This feels like a really dumb question but how do the bottles work? On the first chapter they worked as a way to distract enemies however on chapter two every time I've thrown one to try and lure an enemy to a specific spot they just detect me.

Patroclos

Banned
honestly if I was bethesda and I invested all this time and money to make a quality game, I wouldn't be giving away copies to a self-important clowns who can't be bothered to write more than "btw the boss battles suck..."

i don't understand the backlash ...

really dude?

He is being serious. Bethesda refused to give them a review copy. They state as much in the beginning of the review.

Top Bottom