• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. GMG is offering this in a bundle that includes the season pass for $65.98. You can even apply one of their 25% discount codes that are always floating around and get the game and the season pass for just under $50.

I'm still holding off for reviews to see how this thing performs on PC, but if it turns out to be OK, I think I'll take advantage of this.

Grief.exe

"Verfügbar: 13. Oktober
Dieses Spiel wird in ungefähr 4 Stunden freigeschaltet"

So early unlock on Steam (Germany) after all. 4h to go. Too late to play today ...

Better go to sleep early

hyURc.gif

Short Clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6flB0XvmTo (Build up is great, then jump scare ... off course. But it looks great^^)

Just sent that video to my girl friend. Being single will free up time for all these games.

I think this game is pretty mediocre

Now i'm only a hour in but so far

Pros:
Good atmosphere and music
Controls pretty well

Cons:
Shit AI, can see you from across the map
Too hard, game doesnt give you enough resources to succeed
Shooting isn't satisfying, camera is far too zoomed in

I'll keep playing but i can see this getting middling reviews
Also in before 'get better at games newb'

tumblr_m2oto7SGwf1qzv4vio1_400.gif

Your cons are actually pros for me.

Hard survival games aren't for everybody.

I do agree with him that the camera is far too zoomed in though. The E3 2014 footage was a perfect balance between tension and playability, now they went too far with it.

Complaining about difficulty though? There are plenty of games these days aimed at brain-dead levels of difficulty. Let us have something and go back to pressing X with massive, flashing, arrows on screen, telling you exactly where to go and what to do.

tumblr_m6tf0xokvL1qcwic6.gif

The zoom while aiming is different for whatever reason when you're in a save room. Sebastian's head takes up about half the screen. If it's any indication of what we were supposed to get, I'll take the more zoomed in view all day.

Pros:
Controls pretty well

Cons:

Do you even understand what type of game you bought? And an hour in??!! what have you been doing since the 4 days when you first griped about the AI in this very thread??!!

vg260

Wow. GMG is offering this in a bundle that includes the season pass for $65.98. You can even apply one of their 25% discount codes that are always floating around and get the game and the season pass for just under $50.

I'm still holding off for reviews to see how this thing performs on PC, but if it turns out to be OK, I think I'll take advantage of this.

There should still be a 25% code floating around (I got an account-specific one that's good til Fri). But I think that little extra discount is only for pre-release and will jump back to $69.99. Still a decent deal for a bundle with the 25%, but too many unknowns still for me.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
There should still be a 25% code floating around (I got an account-specific one that's good til Fri). But I think that little extra discount is only for pre-release and will jump back to $69.99. Still a decent deal for a bundle with the 25%, but too many unknown still for me.

Yeah... I'm hoping some reviews that talk to the PC version will pop up before launch. If not and the bundle price goes up, then I'll just stick with the standard version. I never buy season passes anyway, and rarely revisit games for DLC, so not too big of a deal.

greenfish

Banned

Pros:
Controls pretty well

Cons:

130.gif

MrBlonde

Pros:
Controls pretty well

Cons:

This has been my biggest fear with the game, I hope its not frustrating and to hard. Are you playing on normal or easy?

For those of you playing on the easiest setting how is the difficulty?

Grief.exe

Do you know it was design decision to deliberately constrain to build tension or is it for performance? Just curious as I don't know.

I mean Tango and Bethesda will tell you it's a design decision, just like they did for the black bars and 30 FPS. The reality is, this would be the only one I would accept with a straight face, though I would argue against its use.

Dammit caved preloading. That's SOM, this and a pre-order for Civ: BE this month. Tell me it's not just me!

I'm in the same boat, Mordor, FFXIII, The Evil Within, and Binding of Isaac...You best get Isaac too.

I would get Civ, but I don't want to get sucked down that rabbit hole right now.

ChuckNyce

Dammit caved preloading. That's SOM, this and a pre-order for Civ: BE this month. Tell me it's not just me!

It aint! So far I've picked up SOM, preloaded TEW, I'll be picking up Bayonetta 2 (the GAF hype/reviews/demo got me), and considering a purchase of Sunset Overdrive if it gets positive enough buzz. STAHP VIDEO GAMES STAHP!

Zeph Lee

Neo Member
Of course not having played it yet

but seeing so many complaints about being "too difficult"

makes me chuckle, I recall a few years ago everyone was complaining games were too easy/casual

AI spotting you across the map is a concern. Dont pile on the guy for his views. I do not consider lack of ammo as a positive either.

I actually love RE4 and am getting this game because i have faith in Mikami.

I hope this game strikes the right balance of action and survival horror.

JimPanzer

Sadly the psn uk store does not accept german credit cards. Im pretty sure the us psn store is the same way.

You can buy US PSN credit from ebay or in the Buy/Sell/Trade Thread here on NeoGaf. Some users even offer a 10% discount, so you'll only pay 54$ for The Evil Within. I sound like a salesman.

Make sure to set you US acc as primary and you can play the game with your EU acc.

Patroclos

Banned
I mean Tango and Bethesda will tell you it's a design decision, just like they did for the black bars and 30 FPS. The reality is, this would be the only one I would accept with a straight face, though I would argue against its use.

I suspected as much. Still getting it.

Mononoke

Banned
I have a PC that could run this at the 1600p and 60 FPS. Am I crazy for considering getting this on PS4 anyways? I've been addicted to playing on my PS4. I have a nice TV and surround sound set up in my room. I'm going through chemo right now and am in a lot of pain and suffering. I think it would be easier laying in my bed to play this on my TV. But damn I'm a sucker for better performance. I'm also worried about PS4 having sub 30 FPS and running clunky :(

Xpliskin

For those that complain about difficulty/lack of resources:

There's this game called "Resident Evil 6": you can even play with your buddy and have casual chats over the mic.

I also heard there are nude mods if you're into that.

0000347594.jpg

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

Pros:
Controls pretty well

Cons:

I can already see reviewers crap on this like they did Alien Isolation.

Top Bottom