• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shinji Mikami's THE EVIL WITHIN |OT| Where's everyone going? Tango?

antitrop

I've never seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974, only the terrible remake with Jessica Biel (but Jessica Biel).

Someone in the review thread said it was the film that most resembled TEW, so I'm going to watch it right now.

I am highly considering the VPN thing, just because I don't want to wait till Eleven O'clock. I swear I've heard of people getting banned for doing that though, are we 100% it's safe to do?

Nothing explicitly Lovecrafty about it yet. It does have stealth mechanics based on running and hiding from enemies (some of which are quite strong) so you could say there are similarities to AITD

I love your Avatar so much, so goddamn much.

And in Strange Aeons, even death may die.

So when midnight hits, the game doesn't unlock in the first minute and everyone freaks out. Calling it :p
You make the easiest predictions.

Here's mine.

When people start the PC version, sometimes it won't work and it'll crash. Calling it.

:p

Edit: Also, I wanna mention how I caved and picked it up on PC even after being an asshole and saying I'd wait for the steam sale. GMG's deal was too good to pass up. I'm hoping it plays well.

stufte

Does the steam ios app allow preloading games remotely? I know you can download released games, but can't seem to find The Evil Within in my Library...

Nibel

The timer vanished.. ?

LLShC.gif

I just bought mine (the UPS guy stopped by on Friday, claiming that he was unable to get ahold of me, when he never even used the buzzer), so I should be getting mine today. I didn't buy it just for this game though, I was going to buy it for Bloodborne. If that game was not a PS4 exclusive, I'm not sure how long it would have been before I had bothered with the system. I surely wouldn't have just for this, but I decided to get it early and the PS4 copy in case the PC version runs like absolute shit. If it doesn't, I'll probably just send back the PS4 copy and have the system sitting until Feb.

Also, last night's TWD was fucking fantastic.
Was it ever, just finished it..sogood.gof

Am I crazy? There aren't any framerate issues on Xbox One (at least not for me). Digital foundry face-off should be interesting.

edit: I hate those
invisible enemies
(enemy spoiler). I always waste my ammo :/

Only got up to the 4th chapter so far but the atmosphere and gameplay are fantastic, the sound design is also great especially all the weird noises the enemies make. It feels like nothing has happened story wise yet though as well as people same to be taking all this strange stuff in their stride which feels kind of odd but I'm not exactly far in so maybe that comes up later.

Nibel

Mh, store page says 'Play now' but when I click it it says that the content is still not activated..

Edit: Works now; thanks Grief!

Top Bottom