• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shogun 2 |OT| This is Total War

InertiaXr

I started campaign with the Chosokabe due to glorious archers.

What's the difference between Yari Ashigaru and Yari Samurai? Samurai seem to be much better but higher initial cost and upkeep? Is that it? Also, I started obviously with a Daimyo and a General. I don't want to risk losing my Daimyo so I have been keeping him in my capital and just using my Generals. Is it worth losing the extra abilities in battles the Daimyo possesses to keep him safe inside a city?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Yari Ashigaru are cheap spear units, and Yari Samurai are spear Samuaris.

I keep getting my ass kicked my the CPU, not in battles but I leave too few units in my towns and they come from everywhere and take my towns =(

InertiaXr

Maybe it's because I'm playing on normal, but the AI still seems a little sketchy. I just had an open field battle with nearly 50/50 odds and we both started with 1500ish men. I ended with over 1000 left and enemy with just 10. Perhaps I should boost battle AI up to hard next campaign?

InertiaXr said:
I started campaign with the Chosokabe due to glorious archers.

What's the difference between Yari Ashigaru and Yari Samurai? Samurai seem to be much better but higher initial cost and upkeep? Is that it? Also, I started obviously with a Daimyo and a General. I don't want to risk losing my Daimyo so I have been keeping him in my capital and just using my Generals. Is it worth losing the extra abilities in battles the Daimyo possesses to keep him safe inside a city?

I switched from Date to Chosokabe as well for the archers, I always preferred to slice apart the enemy from a distance in Medieval 2. For basic tactics I like to put them in front of my army, in skirmish mode and loose formation with ranks of melee behind then let the enemy come to me (when the AI actually attacks). It works well, when the enemy gets close my archers back away and I charge forwards my melee troops.

Early on I use my Daimyo but normally I find myself with more generals than I can use so I just keep him in a city.

Am I missing something or is there no way to move your troops and keep them in the same formation like in Empire? Its frustrating when you need to move multiple units and have to babysit each one to make sure it goes where its supposed to. Sometimes when you run into that AI army that wants to sit and not do anything you just want to arrange your ranks and march the whole army straight forwards.

alstein

I'm not really caring for the SP (Besides, Paradox is making their own game for the Time Period- so I'd just get that instead- called Sengoku), but I'm enjoying the MP, especially since I'm starting to figure out the retainers and stuff.

Then again, the battles are what makes Total War for me.

Edit: That said, MP is now bugged hard. You will get the ragequitter dishonorable coward trait because the game isn't counting battles as finished. This is true at least for archer generals. Very annoying bug.

InertiaXr

DurielBlack said:
Am I missing something or is there no way to move your troops and keep them in the same formation like in Empire? Its frustrating when you need to move multiple units and have to babysit each one to make sure it goes where its supposed to. Sometimes when you run into that AI army that wants to sit and not do anything you just want to arrange your ranks and march the whole army straight forwards.

Yup, that's why I love using archers as well. I'm beelining in the 'Arts' tech tree thing to get those flaming arrows.

As for the quoted, there is a button in bottom left corner which will 'group' everything together and then you can move them in their current formation to wherever and whatever angle you want to.

Edit: Do you guys play battles all in real time? I'm constantly pausing so I can do exactly what I want to but even then I get huge clusterfucks of guys everywhere (I liked the ranged units of Empire more in this manner) plus my archers will never follow orders when I move them back behind my melee lines and they keep engaging whoever is following them....Is there anyway to tell my archers exactly where to go when their skirmish mode trips with an enemy in front of them? They are always deciding to reform perpendicular to and within my spearman lines....

Darkkn

They might have tuned campaign difficulty to too hard. My first attempt ended around turn 15 after three different clans ganged against me and at that point there was really nothing i could do to redeem myself. Lost my capital by three front attack :S

Started another campaign on easy and it's going better but still surprising resistance.

Drop-in MP is pretty awesome. I usually save game before the battle, then enable drop-in for first try. If i win, great. MP avatar gets sweet xp. If i lose, i'll just reload save and autoresolve against ai.

Yeah, I love the game (probably my goty so far), but the difficulty sure is fucked. I was on the receiving end of some sort of unholy super alliance which I just couldn't stand up to.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Man I want to get this so badly but I'm saving some cash for a 3DS launch game (which probably won't be anywhere near as good D:). Maybe I can grab it on sale next month somewhere.

Almighty

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Yeah, I love the game (probably my goty so far), but the difficulty sure is fucked. I was on the receiving end of some sort of unholy super alliance which I just couldn't stand up to.

Yeah I noticed you really have to keep an eye on diplomacy in this game. I was getting ready to began my campaign towards Kyoto(as the Shimazu), but before I started any wars I looked at the diplomacy screen to see who was allied with who. That's when I noticed pretty much everyone on that end of the map was in one big fucking alliance. So yeah that gave me pause and I had to rethink my strategy.

On a side note the battle AI is either much better then I though or I am much worse then I thought. In the last battle i fought I was on the defense. No problem I thought I have a good amount of archers and the AI's army was mostly yari ashigaru which get shot to pieces by archers. It also helped I was in a forest and it was foggy so they would not see me until the last minute. I wasn't thinking that it works both ways.

So I set up my army with archers in front and though by the time they reached me they would be decimated. Well sure enough three units of yari ashigaru pop out in front of me and my archers cut their number in half by the time they hit my own wall of yari ashigaru. Well as i was expecting not much later they break and run so thinking I can crush the retreating army and that would leave no army between me and their castle when I counter attacked I send my units after them. Well out of no where more units popped out of hiding and swarmed my army in a well laid ambush. It turns out that the AI sent maybe 1/3 of their total yari ashigaru in the first wave. As I am watching my army get slaughtered by that ambush i noticed that they had a unit of light cavalry hidden all along and then used it to wipe out my archers that I left when my army was committed.

I am really wishing I knew more Japanese history! I envy you, guy above who is from the Shimazu region! I'm getting into the theme a bit now.

In my last battle I sacrificed a whole bunch of ashigaru bow men in order to get in a massed flank charge with my Katana Samurai :) Was awesome and quite fitting. Peasants are meant to die right?

I don't really have the hang of castle battles yet, also archers seem so much more powerful than in Medieval. My Samurai usually end up losing 20 to 40 men before getting into combat if I am not careful.

Loving using Yari Cavalry to sneak around and assassinate their general. I loved the cavalry tactics in Napoleon and this is the same. Hitting their weak points then running before some Yari or Naginata troops can catch up :)

Also the bow cavalry can really mess up infantry armies if they aren't careful. Played a siege battle where I won purely on the strength of the bow cavalry's kiting.

Almighty said:
Yeah I noticed you really have to keep an eye on diplomacy in this game. I was getting ready to began my campaign towards Kyoto(as the Shimazu), but before I started any wars I looked at the diplomacy screen to see who was allied with who. That's when I noticed pretty much everyone on that end of the map was in one big fucking alliance. So yeah that gave me pause and I had to rethink my strategy.

On a side note the battle AI is either much better then I though or I am much worse then I thought. In the last battle i fought I was on the defense. No problem I thought I have a good amount of archers and the AI's army was mostly yari ashigaru which get shot to pieces by archers. It also helped I was in a forest and it was foggy so they would not see me until the last minute. I wasn't thinking that it works both ways.

So I set up my army with archers in front and though by the time they reached me they would be decimated. Well sure enough three units of yari ashigaru pop out in front of me and my archers cut their number in half by the time they hit my own wall of yari ashigaru. Well as i was expecting not much later they break and run so thinking I can crush the retreating army and that would leave no army between me and their castle when I counter attacked I send my units after them. Well out of no where more units popped out of hiding and swarmed my army in a well laid ambush. It turns out that the AI sent maybe 1/3 of their total yari ashigaru in the first wave. As I am watching my army get slaughtered by that ambush i noticed that they had a unit of light cavalry hidden all along and then used it to wipe out my archers that I left when my army was committed.

You are worse than you thought. It shows the enemy army + reinforcements before the battle, so its your fault for thinking that only 3 units was the whole army.

This just in:

The Date are a bunch of treacherous jerks. Just because the Takeda got the Shogunate, and I have been at war with them, they ended a trade agreement that was netting us both the big bucks and declared war on me out of nowhere before landing troops on my exposed coast (not exposed in the sense of lack of navy though, given advance notice I would've massacred them).

What haters man. Oh well, I will get the final trading point that they own, with pleasure. I will reap a heavy toll upon them and their villages. Argh.

Almighty

Advance_Alarm said:
You are worse than you thought. It shows the enemy army + reinforcements before the battle, so its your fault for thinking that only 3 units was the whole army.

Yeah you're right. I did mention before that I am average at best in the battles. Though after that battle it looks like I might have to reevaluate my assessment of my skills. I will remember to count the enemy units next time so it doesn't happen again.

Still though at the end of the day Shogun 2's AI has shown that it can use tactics that can sucker poor fools like me in. That I think in my opinion at least proves that they actually improved the AI even if just a little from their previous game. Empire/Napoleon's AI was pretty straight forward in my experience. The only move that I can remember it doing on the attack was an all out attack.

eznark

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
There's a NeoGAF and a NeoGAF Planeswalker clan. Which am I supposed to join?

What did you end up deciding?

I'm loving the stories. Even though the guy above should have known from the prebattle screen that his original tactic wouldn't work, it's awesome that the enemy AI pulled him into an ambush like that. I honestly don't ever remember something like that happening in Empire. Of course, those soft-middle and swallow style ambushes don't work all that well when the focus is on gunfire.

markot

Banned
So generals/leaders are unable to hide in trees? OR is it for all cavalry? (Cant test right now >.<)

Also I hate it when the stupid enemy waits for me to approach them... I much prefer it when they attack me.

Almighty

markot said:
So generals/leaders are unable to hide in trees? OR is it for all cavalry? (Cant test right now >.<)

Unless there is a skill I am unaware of I don't think the generals can hide. As for cavalry I am not sure on all of them, but I am pretty sure I remember light cavalry at least hiding in the woods a few times during battles.

Cavalry seem to be able to hide. Indeed I think most things seem to remain hidden if they don't run in trees! Which is awesome. I managed to march a whole bunch of No Dari (sp?) Samurai up the enemy's flank this way, then Banzai'd them into the rear :D

Good times.

Just had a bit of a bug out, the old 'enemy AI standing still outside the gates of a castle glitch'. I am not going to complain, it was my Samurai Retainers, 2 Archer Ashigaru and 1 Yari Ashigaru against a massive horde of Yari and Katana Samurai, as well as some Naginata and bowmen.

How do people find the gunpowder infantry? I don't use them much but they still seem quite effective when I have. Good morale breaker. Cannons are pretty useless it seems. Unless they are on the Black Ship of death that is.

diffusionx

Gold Member
InertiaXr said:
Maybe it's because I'm playing on normal, but the AI still seems a little sketchy. I just had an open field battle with nearly 50/50 odds and we both started with 1500ish men. I ended with over 1000 left and enemy with just 10. Perhaps I should boost battle AI up to hard next campaign?

Sketchy AI? In a Total War game? I can't believe it.

TheExodu5

Banned
diffusionx said:
Sketchy AI? In a Total War game? I can't believe it.

Well the AI on normal has to leave you a good chance of victory.

The AI is actually pretty damned impressive. They use ambush tactics, as reported by a poster above.

I was trying stuff just for fun. There was only one enemy unit on the roof (tutorial campaign battle), and I was trying to shoot it with my archers. The unit would keep backing up out of range. So then I figured I'd scale the wall and shoot it. As soon as I start scaling the wall, the unit starts charging towards me so it can kill all of the archers that emerge. I thought that was pretty damned cool.

I beat one campaign on normal with the Date. I think I'll try a faction closer to Kyoto this time so I can become Shogun earlier. Kyoto gives you some pretty sweet units and I'd like to have some time to make use them.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
happened to a friend of mine as well..
he said literally "when I managed to make a name for myself, everybody got so envious they decided to roflpwn my ass to the moon together"... :X

Haha, you have to love it when you take out your rival's biggest army and they request peace.

My plan is to occupy all the land around them and then decisively crush them later on (I would uphold the peace, but the condition for winning is sadly to occupy them).

Corto

eznark said:
As ringing an endorsement as this game can get:

Nice! I love Roc Zacny hosting the 3 moves ahead podcast but I sure miss Troy. :( I know it's for a good cause, but it's a shame that the genre lost such a knowledgeable person as a writer/podcaster/journalist.

TheExodu5

Banned
eznark said:
What did you end up deciding?

I'm loving the stories. Even though the guy above should have known from the prebattle screen that his original tactic wouldn't work, it's awesome that the enemy AI pulled him into an ambush like that. I honestly don't ever remember something like that happening in Empire. Of course, those soft-middle and swallow style ambushes don't work all that well when the focus is on gunfire.

Oh I see now. Those were Steam groups I was a part of. I chose the default NeoGAF steam group as my clan.

Einherjar

What’s the specialty of the NeoGAF steam group? I was going to join it, but decided I wanted sword bonuses, so I made my own lol.

I haven’t even touched the single player yet, but lovin the multiplayer. Got a perfect ranked win record going (~12 games), but I expect to get a loss on record sometime this weekend :(

Sethos

Banned
eznark said:
Is there a way to share replays? I'd love to watch some multiplayer? /godimsuchadork

Replays can be found here;

C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\replays

Hidden Folders enabled. Guess you can share those and just throw 'em in there to watch.

Here's one of mine, if you want to see whether it works or not; http://dl.dropbox.com/u/473845/NeoGaf/First Victory.replay ( Don't bother watching that though, like 30 mins of bunkering and 4 minutes of battle xD )

Almak

I'm finally starting to clock into combat in this game (thanks for all the advice GAF). Also finally managed to get further than a few turns into the campaign without being wiped out and actually established a firm foothold. Not sure about my next step at the moment though, think I'm going to go naval and establish some trade routs.

edit

And just as I said things were going well! Got flattened by the AI in campaign. Starting to wish the easy setting was easier, so I could at least get a grip on the basics. This constant meat grinder is just not fun.

Almighty

Almak said:
I'm finally starting to clock into combat in this game (thanks for all the advice GAF). Also finally managed to get further than a few turns into the campaign without being wiped out and actually established a firm foothold. Not sure about my next step at the moment though, think I'm going to go naval and establish some trade routs.

edit

And just as I said things were going well! Got flattened by the AI in campaign. Starting to wish the easy setting was easier, so I could at least get a grip on the basics. This constant meat grinder is just not fun.

What clan(s) are you playing?

So far I found the Shimazu to be a pretty good starting clan. They are in a pretty safe location and only have the Ito(think that is the right clan) to worry about at the start. Once you finish them off I had some time to build my economy and take control of the trade routes. Though you do have to keep you eye on the clan(forgot their name) bordering the Shimazu to the north they like to start shit if they see a chance. A few times they have destroyed me by catching me off guard. In my current play though i am allied with them only time will tell how long it holds for though.

Almak

Shimazu is what I'm playing. Think this is my third attempt at their campaign. I can deal with their initial mission (defeating the neighboring clan) pretty easily but after that, the guys from the north always roll down on me with obscenely large armies. Though this time it wasn't them but the guys they were allied with, to the east of them but still the outcome is pretty much the same every time I try the campaign:

1. Complete the mission, take over the eastern clan.

2. Develop economy and trade, build up an army.

3 Get rolled up by the guys from the north.

I mean honestly, this time there were so many guys in their armies (so many notches on the flag) that I could barely see their clan emblem!

Almighty

Almak said:
Shimazu is what I'm playing. Think this is my third attempt at their campaign. I can deal with their initial mission (defeating the neighboring clan) pretty easily but after that, the guys from the north always roll down on me with obscenely large armies. Though this time it wasn't them but the guys they were aligned with, to the east of them but still the outcome is pretty much the same every time I try the campaign:

I mean honestly, this time there were so many guys in their armies (so many notches on the flag) that I could barely see their clan emblem!

Yeah i know how it feels they have got me a few times as well. Only once have I managed to barely beat them and take the whole island for myself. Though later in that game i had pretty much everyone allied against me when i made my run for shogun and was overwhelmed.

Right now though on my new game I allied with them pretty much on turn one. So I have just conquered the Ito and I notice they have a huge army just sitting in their fort. So I am now a little worried that they will break the alliance and attack me. I am at 2 myself it is time to decided if i should invest into my army or my infrastructure.

If they do attack and wipe me out again I might try my next campaign as the Date based on their location they might be a little more secure. Or maybe the Chosokabe and make use of their archer bonus.

Ruuppa

Tried some co-op with a friend on Hard last night. Picked Oda. Bad call. Nothing says "I Love You" than starting out with almost all of your surrounding clans at war with you, and getting stomped by a combined army of 3000 soldiers on the third turn..

I'd love to play Oda for the hot Ashigaru action, but their start is horrible. Compared to Chosokabe, who only start with one angry neighbor with one town, the balance feels slightly off.

Almak

Almighty said:
Yeah i know how it feels they have got me a few times as well. Only once have I managed to barely beat them and take the whole island for myself. Though later in that game i had pretty much every allied against me when i made my run for shogun and was overwhelmed.

Right now though on my new game I allied with them pretty much on turn one. So I have just conquered the Ito and I notice they have a huge army just sitting in their fort. So I am now a little worried that they will break the alliance and attack me. I am at 2 myself it is time to decided if i should invest into my army or my infrastructure.

If they do attack and wipe me out again I might try my next campaign as the Date based on their location they might be a little more secure. Or maybe the Chosokabe and make use of their archer bonus.
Well, if there is something I've learned from all this, is that one, always invest in developing your army and two, if they are even somewhere remotely near your border, stuff will go downhill soon and very fast.
They have no problems breaking alliances. Especially when they can be right on you in a turn or two. Thats why they first amass a force near your border before they declare war, the crafty bastards.

Almighty

Almak said:
Well, if there is something I've learned from all this, is that one, always invest in developing your army and two, if they are even somewhere remotely near your border, stuff will go downhill soon and very fast.
They have no problems breaking alliances. Especially when they can be right on you in a turn or two. Thats why they first amass a force near your border before they declare war, the crafty bastards.

Well I didn't know that they would mass on the border I will keep my eyes on them now. Hopefully I have a little time before the inevitable war starts.

Anyway this little chat has made me think that maybe the Shimazu are not as easy to start with as I thought. It might have been that compared to my brother starts as the Oda and a few other clans in the middle my start as the Shimazu looked a lot easier.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Loving this game!
I have been playing as the Hitori clan which only starts with 1 region and is right next to Kyoto. Hitori clan specializes in ninjas and I have been using my 2 high level ninjas to assainate 3 clan leaders and 2 clan heirs. I went to war with one of my neighbors and they had the advantage in leadership and generals, until i murdered them all.

I also like how the videos play out, they are similar but you cant tell what will happen until it finishes.

gotee12

Trin3785 said:
Loving this game!
I have been playing as the Hitori clan which only starts with 1 region and is right next to Kyoto. Hitori clan specializes in ninjas and I have been using my 2 high level ninjas to assainate 3 clan leaders and 2 clan heirs. I went to war with one of my neighbors and they had the advantage in leadership and generals, until i murdered them all.

I also like how the videos play out, they are similar but you cant tell what will happen until it finishes.
I was decimated as the hattori on my 15th turn. I could never get my rice patties leveled up enough to produce enough food to make a big enough army. Then around turn 12 a friendly clan ambushed me after agreeing to grant my army military access through their country. I won that one but then his ally turned on me. And I couldn't get my army back to the fort to defend quick enough due to my general being a "ladies man" (it's a REAL trait) and due to his increased libido, the army's progress is slowed down while traveling through my province. And my ninja always failed me, always. The selfish jerk never even said "I'm sorry" or offered seppuku.
Man I love this game!

Bear with me, this is going to be another large post because I'm loving this game. My Chosokabe empire is expanding all over the place, although now my renown is "prominent" or something like that.

I cleared out one enemy on my island, the other clan there was friendly and I talked them into an alliance, they have been useless though the whole game, but at least I haven't had to worry about them backstabbing me so far.

They went to war against that island up in the northern part of the map (Sogo?). I was already working on a navy and trying to decide where to invade, and from my time playing as Date I knew that island had a goldmine and was very profitable. Problem was it was a million miles away.

I made a small fleet and loaded up my entire army, sending them off to conquest and glory! After nearly 2 years of travel by sea, they arrived, disembarked, and promptly got slaughtered. I don't know what happened, the forces were about even (slightly in their favor) but they just overwhelmed me. I think they had a lucky cavalry charge that started a chain route.

So another 4 years or so later, I return, THIS time with a larger force including ashigaru yaru. Their cavalry was slaughtered on my ranks of spears, and it was a pretty easy battle.

I'm liking the diplomacy system so far. The AI seems better in this regard and doesn't make stupidly outrageous demands or absolutely refuse your own demands either. I've seen some interesting logical chain reactions too from big clan wars, and watched how alliances change. I've been using this to my advantage and waging war against anyone I see that everyone else hates.

Most of the clans are indifferent-to-friendly to me, probably because of the insanely profitable trade network I have set up. My Vassals and allies are a different story. My long-time ally is at war with not only the largest clan but also the clan I get the best trade from, luckily they don't seem to have actually attacked each other in the past 20 turns or so.

Vassals seem pretty active. A small clan declared war on one of them, I joined in and when I went to attack the enemy city I was joined by two other vassal clans. I assume vassals can conquer towns on their own as well?

The only thing I am really worried about this campaign is that my territories are mostly scattered all over the place, and that my vassals might do something stupid. I don't know if they can declare war on their own, or if they break away if the Shogun declares war one me or anything. Anyways, defending my empire will be a nightmare against multiple enemies.

The only part of the battle AI that needs major work is when it is defending a seige. Mostly it seems to just mill around inside the walls, where my Chosokabe archers can easily kill them. I have yet to see a single AI unit actually move up to the walls for protection from arrows (or to protect the wall against climbing).

One bad example of this was when I had a random unit passing by a Vassal that was under seige. I joined into the fight, which was in the enemies favor. I didn't think I could do much with just my 1 single unit of yashigaru samurai.

The battle starts and my ally is milling around in the center courtyard of his fort (it was the basic one with no outer levels of walls). I started behind three groups of yashigaru yaru, and by the time I reached them they were already scaling the walls. This worked out as I was able to attack them from the rear and even though there were 3 units against my 1 I was able to route all three with very few losses.

Then I watched as my ally proceeded to get decimated by the main army, which consisted of samurai, archers, and light cavalry + general. Mainly because they just kept milling around in plain sight. I decided to charge out the front gate and engage the archers in melee, hoping my ally would follow...but nope. I was chased back inside when the cavalry came charging in to help their archers.

And thus began a 30 minute battle of me running around a single unit of samurai trying to kill 3 units of archers, a unit of light cavalry, and a unit of samurai all by myself while my ally continued to putz around inside his fort.

Eventually I got a lucky shot and took out the enemy general, and shortly after that routed the archers, leaving the light cavlary unit. I took my 56 remaining out of 120 Yashigaru Samurai and met the next cavalry charge head on...and routed them.

Sethos

Banned
Me and my mate was playing tonight, had this fantastic game. We were both tired and decided it was our last one. I set up a massive turtle defence and he marched his entire army in a long line formation towards me. Chaos ensued and he came out on top, I salvaged my General and two groups of cavalry and rode off ( He had no horses except his general ).

He starts chasing me down, units are exhausted and wavering so I basically just pick off his exhausted general and rest of his groups take a huge moral hit, then I can just pick them off one by one with a few arrows from my general and the rest of them start fleeing.

It was such a fantastic feeling and he was so frustrated, he thought he'd get his first win :D

Almak said:
Shimazu is what I'm playing. Think this is my third attempt at their campaign. I can deal with their initial mission (defeating the neighboring clan) pretty easily but after that, the guys from the north always roll down on me with obscenely large armies. Though this time it wasn't them but the guys they were allied with, to the east of them but still the outcome is pretty much the same every time I try the campaign:

Some tips:

1. Make an alliance with as many sides as you can. These can be broken later.

2. There needs to be peace for a while so that you can develop all your forces at your home base without risk of attack (and try not to spread them around the map just yet).

3. Also try to get your shipping routes up and running asap, as trading is essential for maintaining a huge economy.

4. Another thing is to spend moar money on upgrading your home base so that you can get access to better samurai units. Disband the weaker ones afterwards unless you want to keep your numbers up.

5. When expanding to new areas, always keep some units there (especially archers) to quell any uprising.

6. A trick is to raise taxes to a high level every second turn. This triggers potential unrest, so just lower it again in the next turn, and then raise it again after, and so on.

7. Don't stick to one path in the Mastery of Arts screen. Try to improve agriculture specifically to avoid food shortages.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
After I started my Shimazu campaign for like the 5th time I've finally got it going well, decided to just be really aggressive from the first turn and took the right side of Kyushu pretty quickly and then just sat back and got my eco. going. Made Higo a Vassal which was a huge mistake as when someone declared war on me they just sat in their capital and did nothing at all, so I take all of Kyushu and mass up two giant stacks and crush them =D

I think a problem I had when I first started playing was that I used the auto-resolve too much and the difference when you fight yourself can be huge, starting to just use it for battles that I vastly out number the opponent. Also are you supposed to bring your Daimyo into battle often, as I bring him into every and he's like Rank 5 now.

Top Bottom