• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Browny

Banned
More news on this shoot as it happens.

tumblr_nx82lm2Igk1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Lmao

klonere

Banned
Sounds like ROH is having trouble getting people to re-sign, but that's hardly surprising. Lio's better off elsewhere. Hell, most people are - there's literally only one major benefit to working ROH: the New Japan connection.

If they sign all those women who tried out yesterday they'll pretty much gut the main event US women's wrestling scene - plus, more European and Japanese try-outs later this year.

I guess this begs the question, just how much talent do WWE actually need? It's getting kind of ridiculous.

And yet Will and Marty are gonna be there in 2017 a lot :(

Browny

Banned
Aiii, you'll be pleased to know you share your birthday with (amongst others):

• Arsenal footballer Olivier Giroud
  • Actress Monica Bellucci
  • Rapper T-Pain
  • Motorsport boy Max Verstappen
  • Former wrassler Candice Michelle

Sounds like ROH is having trouble getting people to re-sign, but that's hardly surprising. Lio's better off elsewhere. Hell, most people are - there's literally only one major benefit to working ROH: the New Japan connection.

If they sign all those women who tried out yesterday they'll pretty much gut the main event US women's wrestling scene - plus, more European and Japanese try-outs later this year.

I guess this begs the question, just how much talent do WWE actually need? It's getting kind of ridiculous.

Of the ROH stuff I've seen I feel like Cole and Lethal could do great stuff in WWE, not sure about the Briscoes (still undecided on them overall).

But honestly you're right. They (WWE) have way too much talent right now, so much that people constantly bitch and moan over who is being buried or not.

It is by all accounts, the day where something must be done. Whether that is the company going out or being bought or some other arrangement remains to be seen.

I think WWE will buy them for AJ's Stuff before he came to the WWE.

Broken Matt and Brother Nero would never work in WWE

It is by all accounts, the day where something must be done. Whether that is the company going out or being bought or some other arrangement remains to be seen.

I know Vince is still the least likely, and that he doesn't want anything except the tape library...

But I'd still mark out for SHANE MCMAHON IS IN THE IMPACT ZONE!

shame they're no longer head to head

I hate to play the "WWE needs to sign them", but the Briscoe's are such white trash / scumbags that I'd love to see them on a bigger stage. I know they'd be massively neutered but it'd still be hilarious to see them come out against Enzo/Cass or American Alpha.

Zach

Wasn't Clash XX, like, an anniversary show format? I liked that. More than that, though, I imagine I liked it because some of the best wrasslers ever were a-wrasslin' on the show. Steamboat, Stunning Steve, Arn, Eaton, Cactus, Simmons, Barry, Dustin, Rude, Jake, Vader, Sting, the Steiner Bros. -- amazing!

Recall

Wasn't Clash XX, like, an anniversary show format? I liked that. More than that, though, I imagine I liked it because some of the best wrasslers ever were a-wrasslin' on the show. Steamboat, Stunning Steve, Arn, Eaton, Cactus, Simmons, Barry, Dustin, Rude, Jake, Vader, Sting, the Steiner Bros. -- amazing!

But the matches were trash.

We are very much different. I still love you for being you though.

Well yeah, if it's vince they don't survive because he only wants the library (and a handful of wrestlers, but those will be new contracts following a bankruptcy).

And they have so much debt and no way of profiting that even if Corgan or someone else gets them, they'll likely have to sell or close up within a year

And if nobody gets them by the end of the day, that's it anyway, shit's over, they can't afford anything

Was Ospreay ever approached for CWC? I feel like he would have been perfect for the WWE to bring back flippy-stuff

You have to imagine he was. I know Gallagher was talking around a possible dropout in an interview, that may or may not have been Ospreay, they didn't say, but from the sounds of it WWE didn't get everyone they had their eye on.

Top Bottom