• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

ReiGun

Charlotte is the only woman on Raw who is truly thriving. We've talked at length about how sloppy Sasha is in the ring, but she also is has no idea how to play her character as a face. And they clearly had no real plan for Bayley and just decided to reboot her character back to the plucky, starstruck upstart.

And I don't want to put that all on writing or creative. I think it also comes down to Charlotte just being the best of the three. Or at least, she's found her footing quicker.

And granted, Bayley hasn't had much time on the main roster so we'll see how she does down the line. But Sasha? Love her dearly but she needs work.

Cagey

Banned
Bret Hart Scale: Bayley Edition

In-ring: 7
Promo: 5
Look: 9

Overall: 21/30

I've decided you need at least a 20 to have a chance to be a real star in the wrassle business. No real thought has been put into this declaration, though. :D
I was about to lay the smack down for gimmick infringement but the bolded requires more attention.

Like what? Explain!

Barrage

I still think they couldve taken NXT off the air during the CWC and then used Takeover as a "Season Premiere" of sorts. Have the matches built entirely from promo vids and a press conference ala UFC.

With the Brand Split and CWC it made NXT feel disposable, in-ring CWC was superior and storyline-wise Smackdown is basically a well-booked NXT now.

Mahonay

Banned
Charlotte just needs to go on a squashing run at this point, she's so much more credible than Sasha & Bayley. It's a shame that all three women need to be protected so heavily.
No one is protected when they only feud with each other, over pretty much nothing most times, and constantly trade wins. Same god damn shit they've been doing forever in WWE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pentagon Jr is so good that I don't understand him and he still comes across as convincing. So

In-ring 7(10 if it's in a seedy Mexican gymnasium)
Promo 25/10
Look 92841890/10

Hycran

Banned
I was about to lay the smack down for gimmick infringement but the bolded requires more attention.

Like what? Explain!

Female John Cena, good merch and good ring attire. Her face is pretty busted but she's got the girl next door thing going for her. I'd say the only demerit point comes from her ugliness. Also she looks good in the ring as a worker.

Mahonay

Banned
I still think they couldve taken NXT off the air during the CWC and then used Takeover as a "Season Premiere" of sorts. Have tue matches bu8lt entirely from promo vids and a press conference ala UFC.

With the Brand Split and CWC it made NXT feel disposable, in-ring CWC was superior and storyline-wise Smackdown is basically a well-booked NXT now.
Couldn't agree more with this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
See. The great thing about the Bret Hart scale is you can fudge timelines

so Scott Steiner is 10/10 across the board, you see.

klonere

Banned
What Matt Hardy said about Bischoff that had Bischoff threaten to sue

CtnBV-wXYAAeX_T.jpg:large

No one is protected when they only feud with each other, over pretty much nothing most times, and constantly trade wins. Same god damn shit they've been doing forever in WWE.
That's the problem with the three of them, they're afraid of making one of the women clearly better than the other two, there always has to be win trading or some fuckery involved in the finish.

ReiGun

I might be alone in this, but I think Bayley is cute. Maybe it's just her smile. Idk.

That's the problem with the three of them, they're afraid of making one of the women clearly better than the other two, there always has to be win trading or some fuckery involved in the finish.
In kayfabe, I think Bayley is the supposed to be the weakest. Or at least, Sasha and Charlotte don't take her seriously. But you're right that, that never comes across cause they put all of them on the same pedestal.

Cagey

Banned
Female John Cena, good merch and good ring attire. Her face is pretty busted but she's got the girl next door thing going for her. I'd say the only demerit point comes from her ugliness. Also she looks good in the ring as a worker.
Attractiveness aside, she just looks like a generic wrestler. Nothing bad... just nothing good. The side-ish ponytail is a nice touch for the character I guess.

The male John Cena looks like Superman when he's in the ring. The female John Cena looks like someone who played field hockey.

Mahonay

Banned
Attractiveness aside, she just looks like a generic wrestler. Nothing bad... just nothing good.

The male John Cena looks like Superman when he's in the ring. The female John Cena looks like someone who played field hockey.
Well she's an underdog character that is actually believable as an underdog.

Remember when John Cena amazingly overcame the odds of winning every single time?
Bayley is ugly?
No.

Browny

Banned

yG4hkag.gif

Smh.

ReiGun

Bayley doesn't look like a supermodel, but that's part of her appeal and she's not unattractive at all. It's weird that people (not on here, but elsewhere) harp on it.

But yeah. Let's drop it.

Smh at the Bayley slander, she's cute (so long as she isn't acting like a five year old, then I'm uncomfortable). I'm with BlackFlip and ReiGun, Charlotte's thriving so much on Raw compared to Sasha or most there really. Woman has improved so much since last year while Sasha's sort of regressed.

Also there's only one wrestler who's got the 10/10 looks.

giphy.gif

Balee Dat.

Zach

I don't mind talking about any wrestler's attractiveness as long as we're not being mean-spirited. But when people act like dicks it's pretty terrible.

Cagey

Banned
With the women the "look" category will be harder since a bunch of men are going to be more interested in their attractiveness instead of the look as a wrestler.

Bray Wyatt is a weird gross looking dude. He has a great look.

That NXT gal from Jersey is damn cute. Her look is awful. She looks like she couldn't hurt her Zumba instructor.

Roman's got the marketable look in the physical sense. No denying that, even if you hate him. Compared to Mr. Once Had A Blonde Strip and Mr. Will Be Bald By The Age Of 40, he's got the look.

Top Bottom