• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Fox318

Bret Hart Scale: Bayley Edition

In-ring: 7
Promo: 5
Look: 9

Overall: 21/30

I've decided you need at least a 20 to have a chance to be a real star in the wrassle business. No real thought has been put into this declaration, though. :D
I actually like that scale

Bret Hart Scale: Austin Edition:

In-Ring:8
Promo:9
Look:9

Overall 26/30

Tagyhag

Despite his crazy hair and expressions, Enzo is a good looking dude.

Bcxzy2oCMAANhl1.jpg

Better looking than Roman.

klonere

Banned
while we are talking about Steve Austin looks exactly like the kinda guy who would beat his wife and get away with it cos his brother is the sheriff, is that a 10/10 look

Browny

Banned
10 in looks:

• Roman
  • Bobby Roooooooooode (continuing the greatness of wrasslin' robes from Flair and Rude)
  • Tanahashi
  • Ishii
  • ZSR (once he gets ripped at NXT)
  • John Morrison
  • Cena (ignoring the merch shilling)

while we are talking about Steve Austin looks exactly like the kinda guy who would beat his wife and get away with it cos his brother is the sheriff, is that a 10/10 look

No lies detected.

Zach

Man, Austin would be a hard one to rate. There are, like, three significant (and significantly different) forms of Austin: Stunning Steve, pre-neck injury Stone Cold, and post-neck injury Stone Cold...

Good/solid writing in the past has assisted young stars that are still getting things like character consistency down pat. When the writing is actively working against you in many cases, to the point that it's not remotely clear what the character motivations are or even what the core of the character is, it's an uphill battle that only the absolute strongest personalities can overcome.

If the Attitude Era could make someone like Crash fucking Holly over, they are severely screwing up when they are managing to make the audience not care about some of the brightest looking talent that we've had in a decade.

I thought Holly got over in the Attitude Era because he was doing the hardcore matches? That's the only reason I gave half a crap about him.

Mahonay

Banned
I thought Holly got over in the Attitude Era because he was doing the hardcore matches? That's the only reason I gave half a crap about him.
He was over before that started. He got over while he was paired with Hardcore Holly and was billing himself as weighing 400lbs.

The hardcore run capitalized on his overness.

Fox318

When we define a 10 look it has to pertain to what the wrestler is trying to do.

Vader is a 10 for trying to look like a monster right?

10 looks:
Lex Luger
Bobby Lashley
James Ellsworth
Brock Lesnar

Cagey

Banned
Roman's not tall enough or ripped enough to have a 10/10 look, friends.
Even I gave Roman a 9.

The only 10 look is Brock.

There should only be one person who is a 10 active at any time in a company. I gave Styles the 10 for wrasslin. I don't think there's a 10 on the mic.

klonere

Banned
Who am I kidding the definitive wrestler look is late era Eddie Guerrero, there's nothing more WRESTLER than a body totally distorted by steroid abuse, leading to the death of that man, implicitly at the behest of his boss who definitely suffers from some sort of body dysmorphia disorder.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As long as he doesn't dye his hair blonde, Sugiura has one of my favorite looks right now
tumblr_nflwxinla41qj1jhno1_540.jpg

CYWpizeUoAA4Rga.jpg:large

he just looks like he's going to cave your skull in if you touch his daughter

Anth0ny

I'd give Austin a 10 for looks because when that mother fucker walks down the ramp, you know he means business. what? he shaves his head cause hair gets in the way of him WHOOPIN ASS. what?

he also gets a 10 for promos cause god damn son, he carried an entire damn company on his promos.

8 for in ring cause of the injury, but he was still one hell of a storyteller.

klonere

Banned
other great looks

Rick Rude: yoked to a disgusting degree, his body looked like a hilariously overinflated blow up doll covered in oil.

Yokozuna: he was really fat

the ULLLLTIMATE Warrior: tasteful and respectful appropriation of gay pride carnival attire allied with another disgustingly tumour-esque muscle.

Sephzilla

I'd give Austin a 10 for looks because when that mother fucker walks down the ramp, you know he means business. what? he shaves his head cause hair gets in the way of him WHOOPIN ASS. what?

he also gets a 10 for promos cause god damn son, he carried an entire damn company on his promos.

8 for in ring cause of the injury, but he was still one hell of a storyteller.

Yeah, Austin is a 10/10 look

Wait, are they really going for Liv Morgan to be Asuka's opponent for the next Takeover? They're giving the title shot to Discount Carmella?

Oh God, please just have her face Ember Moon before the year is over. I can't take them dragging this shit out until 'Mania weekend with having Asuka fight everyone but her (or alternatively, Moon has a shot, loses it, but the wins her next one).

Top Bottom