• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Barrage

Question for y'all

Is there a Raw/Smackdown segment from 2016 you rewatched because its dope?

The Rock/ New Day promo
The #1 Contender 4-Way from the RAW after Mania
Balor's debut 4-Way
The Ziggler/Ambrose Smackdown promo
The Miz/Bryan Talking Smack segment (7-plus times)

Toki767

Strangely enough this year:

Ambrose won all of his televised matches against Owens.
Owens won all of his televised matches against Styles and Reigns.

gun_haver

Question for y'all

Is there a Raw/Smackdown segment from 2016 you rewatched because its dope?

the miz promo on talking smack is really the stand out.

i'm also currently rewatching becky's 'i fought to be a champion' promo for i guess the 3rd or 4th time.

becky's actually pretty good. i never really gave her much time before. i mean alexa is obviously good but so is becky. this is gonna be a good feud.

but there's been a lot of decent stuff beyond that. none of it is gonna set the world on fire though. none of it is close to austin or the rock (real rock).

Man, I just don't give a shit about Clash of Champions this Sunday. I have no doubt there'll be some good matches but there's almost no heat behind any of it. Why are they so bad at building matches these days? They know how to do this.

Strax

The Rock/ New Day promo
The #1 Contender 4-Way from the RAW after Mania
Balor's debut 4-Way
The Ziggler/Ambrose Smackdown promo
The Miz/Bryan Talking Smack segment (7-plus times)

That Rock/New Day stuff just showed how badly his stuff works in 2016 and has ever since acting tookover. Right time and place for him making it big.

Man, I just don't give a shit about Clash of Champions this Sunday. I have no doubt there'll be some good matches but there's almost no heat behind any of it. Why are they so bad at building matches these days? They know how to do this.
I'm not watching, I just don't care about any of the outcomes. The cruiserweight match might be interesting at least.

I'm not watching, I just don't care about any of the outcomes. The cruiserweight match might be interesting at least.

I honestly don't know if I can be bothered to either. I need to catch up with New Japan anyhow, plus I started watching the inaugural Super J-Cup the other day.

Clash of Champions will likely have some good matches, but the story isn't there at all for any of them. No big 'holy shit Becky/Heath and Rhyne/AJ won' type of feeling towards it given half the card is just rematches. The only interesting thing that will come is probably another HHH interruption in the main-event. Other than, nothing.

I'll unfortunately still watch it, knowing myself.

cordy

Banned
Only person Ambrose can't beat clean on the roster is Lesnar. He's beaten Reigns, Cena, Rollins, he's beaten them all. Styles only beat Ambrose due to the low blow, hell, Ambrose beat Styles a few months ago on Raw. The narrative is that Styles had to cheat to win. Ambrose is the best booked guy from a "who can beat who straight up" on the SD roster. I'm surprised why people don't know this.

It's like their Ambrose hate blinds how great he's been booked with wins and losses.

gun_haver

That Rock/New Day stuff just showed how badly his stuff works in 2016 and has ever since acting tookover. Right time and place for him making it big.

no, it would still work now if it was the 'real rock' but when he comes back he just smiles and plays to the crowd. the thing that made the rocky work is that he seemed like he couldn't care less, or was even aware, of what other people thought. when rock comes back now it's just dwayne johnson and that's straight trash. you can't do a nostalgia appearance when your character is 'i live in a different world and don't care what you think.'.

Only person Ambrose can't beat clean on the roster is Lesnar. He's beaten Reigns, Cena, Rollins, he's beaten them all. Styles only beat Ambrose due to the low blow, hell, Ambrose beat Styles a few months ago on Raw. The narrative is that Styles had to cheat to win. Ambrose is the best booked guy from a "who can beat who straight up" on the SD roster. I'm surprised why people don't know this.

It's like their Ambrose hate blinds how great he's been booked with wins and losses.
If a fan favorite like KO or AJ beat Cena Tuesday night there would be zero complaints.

Barrage

I have no problem with Ricochet staying out of WWE an extra year, they just had a huge talent influx with the Cruisers and he is def a guy that should stand out when he debuts.

Has there been any rumours about Ricochet potentially wrestling in the Heavyweight division? It's not like he would look small next to Naito or Omega. And it would explain the "good news" even though he's essentially staying with the same company.

Sakuraba says, "Fuck you."
saku-roycegif.gif~c200

Rewatching the 1992 Royal Rumble, so damn good, Heenan did such an amazing job putting Flair over on the commentary.

Plus that Flair victory promo, just epic all round.

Fan favorite has nothing to do with it. You just compared one of the shittiest male performers on the rosters with two of the best.
Like calling his one of the shittiest performers show, the reactions have more to do with the dislike some have for him then booking logic, or how over he is.

Again those who want Matt in WWE and expect him to be the same as in TNA are in denial and crazy.

Matt would just be another roster member which creative don't know what to do with and will just end against the CWC guys on Main Event and dark matches.

How do I know this? It happens every fucking time. Stop expecting things to be different for a random mid carder who had finally found a character elsewhere.

No, the reason Broken Matt would not work in primetime is because A. it would be seen week in, week out and B. it would be entirely lost with a larger audience; not that it's some high brow level of work, but most here loved it because it was so shitty and campy.

The whole reason Broken Matt worked is because it's in an organization that became a joke and the experience became a joke to fans. People on here and Wreddit can drone on and on about how "great it is" but lets not act like most people weren't tuning in because it was a train wreck of a story.

Rewatching the 1992 Royal Rumble, so damn good, Heenan did such an amazing job putting Flair over on the commentary.

Plus that Flair victory promo, just epic all round.

Listening to Lapsed Fan doing the 92 SummerSlam made me realize Flair was in the WWE for such a short time then. For some reason I thought he was there for a decent run, but it was really short. At least with televised matches.

klonere

Banned
Not a fair comparison because the dislike for Ambrose is pretty different from Roman

Shoot month post

Yes because Reigns is good and has been booked horribly for two years as opposed to Ambrose who is bad and has been booked horribly for two years

And here's another one

If you manage to have a bad singles match with Will Ospreay in 2016, you are probably a bad wrestler.

Bang bang.

Shoot month post

Yes because Reigns is good and has been booked horribly for two years as opposed to Ambrose who is bad and has been booked horribly for two years

And here's another one

If you manage to have a bad singles match with Will Ospreay in 2016, you are probably a bad wrestler.

Bang bang.

I went to Rev Pro Uprising 2016, great show overall but the Vader/Ospreay match kind of soured the show a bit which was a damn shame given the undercard was full of great matches.

Vader was already gassed by the time he'd gotten in the fucking ring before the match actually started.

Sephzilla

Shoot month post

eeehhhhhhhhhhhh.

Good feels like a stretch. Decent would be more adequate. Reigns has grown to the point where he can hold his own and carry someone to a decently respectable match and also look pretty good when he's put in the ring with someone way better than him. Fan perception on Roman would be way better if he spent some time in the midcard doing Intercontinental or US title feuds and getting some of the green off of him (aka, what Ambrose did).

Shoot: Roman Reigns is a straight up better wrestler than Dean Ambrose.

Balee dat

Roman has some of the most offensive match booking on the roster, which involves taking a bunch of great looking moves from his opponents, and kicking out of them enough until the crowd starts chanting "this is awesome!!" then proceeds to win with a spear, most likely from out of nowhere.

eeehhhhhhhhhhhh.

Shoot: Roman Reigns is a straight up better wrestler than Dean Ambrose.

Balee dat

I think Reings is more believable in the ring than Ambrose. Ambrose's whole lunatic thing just makes him so unbelievable. I know the comparison to Piper happens a lot, but I feel like people forget Piper didn't have "lunatic" applied to him and the dude legit came across unhinged.

Sephzilla

I think Reings is more believable in the ring than Ambrose. Ambrose's whole lunatic thing just makes him so unbelievable. I know the comparison to Piper happens a lot, but I feel like people forget Piper didn't have "lunatic" applied to him and the dude legit came across unhinged.

Piper came across as a guy who seemed like he would legitimately beat the shit out of you if he got pissed off.

Is Roman's finisher the spear or the punch? I can never remember.

His finisher is the spear

Top Bottom