• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

imBask

Banned
Amell was pretty good in his match, definitely one of the best celebrity matches but at the same time that was a tag-match and even then, the pace was slow enough. An actual match wouldn't have gone so well.

i'll admit that Amell was alright eventhough I didn't care about the feud

Amell vs Stewart now THAT'S a draw brother

Sephzilla

All things considered Amell was perfectly fine as a wrestler in that tag match. But yeah, I'm still disappointed he didn't wrestle as The Arrow. I would have marked if his music opened with "MY NAME IS OLIVER QUEEN"

Speaking of Battle Dome a couple pages back, my only real memory aside from it being the first time I saw or heard of Michael O'Hearn was seeing Caryn Mower fka Muffy destroying her opponent and whatever the name of their version of women Gladiators were was hilarious, her being a Judo black belt (and Jujitsu and Karate) probably played a lot into that. WWE really dropped the ball with Mower, though I may be biased.

The Amell/Stardust feud should've culminated in the end of the Stardust character which I could've sworn was meant to be what was planned at some point if only by Cody.

SIERRA
HOTEL
INDIA
ECHO
LIMA
DELTA

SHIELD

2527785-2089787475-tumbl.jpg

Me, Bluce and OwensIsNow looking ready for a fight!
Echo made me laugh

Is Jamal -> Umaga the craziest gimmick change
Fatu>Sultan > Rikishi
Fake Diesel > Kane

Apparently there has been backstage talk within WWE about having the women headline an upcoming WWE Network Special (PPV), possibly the way Sasha Banks and Bayley did back in NXT.

If you recalled, Sasha Banks faced Bayley in a 30 minute Ironwomen match back at NXT Takeover: Respect on October 7th, 2015. The match received rave reviews and company officials were high on the match.

As of this writing, there is no talk on exactly when the company would do it. It’s still in the early stages of discussion.

Zach

NPR.org said:
It's a remarkable turn for Cruz, who declined to endorse or express support for Trump even as late as the Republican convention in July in Cleveland. There, he was given a speaking slot and, in a scene almost out of professional wrestling, was booed off the stage as Trump emerged in the crowd and waved to supporters.

:O

So yesterday was apparently the ten year anniversary of the match that put Becky Lynch out of wrestling for several years when she was on the independent scene as Rebecca Knox.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

As you can see, she has a huge wound above her eye, which lead to potential cranial damage that had her stop for several years.

It's nice and neat as a coincidence that ten years after her career ended once, in the same month a decade later she wins her first WWE title. Also just nice in general she was able to come back to wrestling.

Sorry for the length, I just thought it'd be something cool enough to post.

Thanks for sharing, Batsie. That's pretty cool.

Didn't Becky sustain an eye injury at WM 32 as well? Obviously not nearly as serious, but it might have been a scary moment for her in retrospect.

So yesterday was apparently the ten year anniversary of the match that put Becky Lynch out of wrestling for several years when she was on the independent scene as Rebecca Knox.

https://media.giphy.com/media/kWOi8KJ3E2Okg/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/Z6jNPtu3a7kzK/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/d174r14TsgYlq/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/SDjsYeI7IYnYs/giphy.gif

As you can see, she has a huge wound above her eye, which lead to potential cranial damage that had her stop for several years.

It's nice and neat as a coincidence that ten years after her career ended once, in the same month a decade later she wins her first WWE title. Also just nice in general she was able to come back to wrestling.

Sorry for the length, I just thought it'd be something cool enough to post.

Didn't she also break both of her ankles along with sustaining other injures in the early part of her career? And that injury was basically the straw that broke the camel's back for her?

Didn't she also break both of her ankles along with sustaining other injures in the early part of her career? And that injury was basically the straw that broke the camel's back for her?
Wreddit found a blog entry written from her about the incident that seems to hint (or flat-out state from the woman herself) it was strictly the eye.

I am so sorry I have not been in touch in a while. I have been in and out of hospital and have not been able to get access to the internet in over a week. I am very upset I have to write this email because I have to cancel all future dates until December. I am not sure if you had heard about the knock to the head I got in Germany a few weeks ago or not, but I got a bad cut above the eye and it was stitched up and all seemed fine. But after a few days I was getting extremely painful headaches, loud buzzing in my left ear and my vision in my left eye is completely blurred. The doctor has told me it may be damage to the 8th cranial nerve and I am waiting for a ct brain scan and have been advised to stop wrestling for the next few months. It could be permanent or it could go away by itself. but untill all signs have been alleviated I will not be able to engage in any heavy physical activity.This breaks my heart as the main reason I am in Florida is to wrestle and I am so upset that I have to cancel my upcoming dates, This is the first serious injury I have had and I am disappointed that I have to let you down! I apologize sincerely and hope you have great shows, I am so sorry I wont be there!Yours sincerely, Rebecca

To think she was only 19 when it happened. If it never did, she might have ended up in the WWE a lot earlier.

Dolph's most recent Insta post is books he's reading

The Libertarian Mind, and Ann Coulter's new Trump book

Remember how excited this thread was when Dolph won the belt

Cagey

Banned
Dolph's most recent Insta post is books he's reading

The Libertarian Mind, and Ann Coulter's new Trump book

Remember how excited this thread was when Dolph won the belt
The Gadsden Flag tights were just but one sign of the incoming Shoot Stable with Real American Jake Hager.

Shelton Benjamin might be an awkward fit but who knows.

Top Bottom