• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Fox318

That's what the curve is for.

And I've said it many times: there are plenty of A+ matches, angles, wrestlers, moments, spots, etc. but something terrible or ridiculous always drags down even the best events.

In my opinion.
What was bad in Starrcade 85?

It's the fortieth birthday of everyone's favorite CBO.

vkvVdke.gif

More importantly, it's Daria's birthday, the next NXT Women's champion.

Fox318

Hello ladies and gentleman, welcome to Starca....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I watched Starrcade 85 before they even covered it and it's fucking crazy how bad he is at commentary.

Yet he is still better than Cole.

Somebody who literally could have died on the broadcast and nobody would know better is more respected than Cole who may go down as the wrestling announcer with the most airtime ever.

Mahonay

Banned
I watched Starrcade 85 before they even covered it and it's fucking crazy how bad he is at commentary.

Yet he is still better than Cole.

Somebody who literally could have died on the broadcast and nobody would know better is more respected than Cole who may go down as the wrestling announcer with the most airtime ever.
Cole is fine when he's given more freedom, and is not saying things like Cesaro vs Cesaro, or saying that Charlotte is pinning Charlotte.

Recall

That's what the curve is for.

And I've said it many times: there are plenty of A+ matches, angles, wrestlers, moments, spots, etc. but something terrible or ridiculous always drags down even the best events.

In my opinion.

Canadian Stampede.

4 matches. 4! It is the perfect A as a show. What exactly dragged it down? Or is an A a show where all matches are 5 star classics, which doesn't exist and is unreasonable to expect.

It didn't get a B, it got a B-.

I just want to get to know you Zach.

Zach

- I didn't love Mankind (at the time) or Hunter Hearst Helmsley and probably thought the match was just okay.
- Sasuke vs. Taka was probably fun, but wasn't presented as anything meaningful.
- The Undertaker pretty consistently bores me and Vader was past his prime at this point.
- The main event was hot fire.

It's not like the other guys on Raw are bringing in ratings, just give him a respect run.
No seriously, I'd rather see that than another Seth or Roman run.

So reading that Ambrose is leaving to film a WWE movie after No Mercy and won't be back...

...until the Rumble
He's been picking up the slack from the other Shield members, it's a shame to be without him.

And yet they'll still call up everyone on NXT to Raw.

Dolph's most recent Insta post is books he's reading

The Libertarian Mind, and Ann Coulter's new Trump book

Remember how excited this thread was when Dolph won the belt

Yeah, that moment was still awesome.

Why should literally anybody care what wrestlers' political views are? We pay them to throw themselves at the ground for our entertainment.

So reading that Ambrose is leaving to film a WWE movie after No Mercy and won't be back...

...until the Rumble
It's this that rumour site? Because if it's now being confirmed it's really dumb. Unless they're expecting people to be interested in brittle body Orton v Styles. Also the whole part time comments dean made about Cena would automatically be void.

gun_haver

I waste far too much time just going through wikipedia pages on old PPVs. I'm looking at the first year of In Your House's, the Diesel is champion era - and here I'm discovering Kane played a guy called Issac Yankem and feuded with Bret Hart, and Rikishi was known as Fatu.

What a rabbit hole.

Mahonay

Banned
I waste far too much time just going through wikipedia pages on old PPVs. I'm looking at the first year of In Your House's, the Diesel is champion era - and here I'm discovering Kane played a guy called Issac Yankem and feuded with Bret Hart, and Rikishi was known as Fatu.

What a rabbit hole.
And you can experience all again on the WWE Network for only $9.99!

Zach

What a rabbit hole.
Wasting time briefly reading up on past PPVs?

You don't know what wasting time is, sir.

Recall

WWE kinda want kids to see wrestlers as role models so it'd be cool if they weren't dumbasses outside the ring too

But are they the same characters on Twitter as they are in the ring? Are they even characters? Which is the real Ziggler? Everyone has their own political view so everyone should be allowed to respectfully display it. Do 8 year olds use Twitter?

Won't_they_think_of_the_children_Simpsons.png

...until the Rumble

Smackdown just keeps leaking wrestlers.
All the apparent big names from the draft have been a bit all over the place, Cena is on and off right now, Orton got (briefly) concussed, Del Rio is done, Ambrose now potentially off filming.
Elsewhere Wyatt still stung from a lifetime of jobbing, Ziggler is Ziggler, Kallisto's out and the bone thrown to them from Raw is Jack Swagger.

The only constant is AJ Styles
...and Kane but that goes without saying.
Yet it still manages to be better than Raw, who'd have thought good writing and a less endurance run time span would make all the difference.

But are they the same characters on Twitter as they are in the ring? Are they even characters? Which is the real Ziggler? Everyone has their own political view so everyone should be allowed to respectfully display it. Do 8 year olds use Twitter?

I thought almost every kid started using Twitter at 5 tbh.

You see, Terry Bollea is the raging racist.

Hulk Hogan is the Real American, brother.

Dolph Ziggler is fine, but Nick Nemeth is a Gadsden Flag wearing lunatic.

tumblr_n32mfjnIM01trlamco1_500.gif

Kurita

I don't know if 8yo do use Twitter, but to me you're a kid until you're 16-17 so my point still stands

Top Bottom