• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Tagyhag

Which is why it was so sad seeing some people support Haitch at Wrasslin'Mania 32. All these folks cheering at the thought of a white man keeping a minority down.

Hey, people like him don't always get to be champions. We all learned that in Wrestlemania 19.

lmao at them literally doing the clean finish AND the one cool spot that everybody actually wanted from the match at the non-aired house show instead of the PPV/Network-aired show

Verendus

Banned
Roman was the physical extension of a 70 year old white man.
A 70 year old white man who clearly has no issues projecting himself onto a young and athletic samoan Adonis. Clearly, this old racist is more open minded than all those Haitch supporters. A sad state of affairs.

Yeah, it was a shitty spot and I hope they didn't actually plan for it to come off like a reversal. I wonder why they didn't do it. Randy with his prior RKO's definitely could have pulled it off.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah, it was a shitty spot and I hope they didn't actually plan for it to come off like a reversal. I wonder why they didn't do it. Randy with his prior RKO's definitely could have pulled it off.
Randy is notorious for playing it safe in almost all his matches. Seth had to convince Randy to do the curb stomp to RKO, said no to it at first.

Randy is notorious for playing it safe in almost all his matches. Seth had to convince Randy to do the curb stomp to RKO, said no to it at first.
If anything this move would have been more dangerous for Lesnar then him. Then again, considering how their last match went, I can see why he wouldn't do anything.

It like they are run by idiots.

Serious question, because I know somebody's going to ask if I'm being serious here (always):

How much more will it need to take to be convinced it was a mistake giving this guy the Taker streak rub, or at the very least the giant contract and unlimited amount of chances? Because there is fucking nothing over the last full calendar year and a half that Br*ck has done that has been good. Seriously go back to the Mania match if you want to count that, but guess what? That was still 16 months ago.

Imagine paying Bray 8 figures, that is the tier of Dumb this is officially on. Imagine having everybody eligible on your roster that can be suspended except HHH, Cena, and Bray, that is the peak of stupidity this can be compared to. Over the last 16 months you could have paid Bray the same salary and given him the same privileges and matches, and the same positive result of Nothing would have been achieved for the company, the fans, and the talent.

Heroman

Banned
Serious question, because I know somebody's going to ask if I'm being serious here (always):

How much more will it need to take to be convinced it was a mistake giving this guy the Taker streak rub, or at the very least the giant contract and unlimited amount of chances? Because there is fucking nothing over the last full calendar year and a half that Br*ck has done that has been good. Seriously go back to the Mania match if you want to count that, but guess what? That was still 16 months ago.

Imagine paying Bray 8 figures, that is the tier of Dumb this is officially on. Imagine having everybody eligible on your roster that can be suspended except HHH, Cena, and Bray, that is the peak of stupidity this can be compared to.
It was great idea having Brock breaking the strake, the problem was that they choose the wrong guy to beat Brock so now they are in a werid limbo where they have no to beat him.

Zach

The state of ECW...

Get this: I just watched a match between Kid Kash and EZ Money with Julio Dinero and -- wait for it -- "Confederate Currency" Chris Hamrick.

Confederate Currency.

And dude's like the most local wrestling-looking mother f'er I've ever seen. Jesus lord almighty.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It really sucks seeing WM transform from this story payoff event to this non-canon touring event.
The last a WrestleMania was actually satisfying from top-down was 30. Before that....24? These things don't have as good a track record as we tend to think.

Haitch seems like an "All Lives Matter" kind of guy too.

It could be one of the reasons why he did Roman like that. He simply wasn't white enough for his liking.
This is the same guy that called Ricardo Rodriguez "Bumblebee" numerous times.

Imagine paying Bray 8 figures, that is the tier of Dumb this is officially on. Imagine having everybody eligible on your roster that can be suspended except HHH, Cena, and Bray, that is the peak of stupidity this can be compared to. Over the last 16 months you could have paid Bray the same salary and given him the same privileges and matches, and the same positive result of Nothing would have been achieved for the company, the fans, and the talent.

I greatly enjoyed Brock vs. Randy. And Brock vs. Undertaker at last year's Summerslam, and the subsequent HiaC match, were excellent.

I wonder if AJ vs Cena or AJ vs Roman will win the Slammy for best match. I get a vibe AJ will kind of sweep it this year.

Yes, I'm debating a Kayfabe awards ceremony.

The last a WrestleMania was actually satisfying from top-down was 30. Before that....24? These things don't have as good a track record as we tend to think.
Yeah I said the same thing earlier, but still 32 was a bad trend of having almost no repercussions story wise, even short term.

MG310

This is still the craziest thing I've ever heard and I badly want to see it. Sounds absolutely disgusting.

Triple H's reign of terror on one show and the combined forces of Dawn Marie vs. Torrie Wilson and Mr. America vs. Mr. McMahon on the other.

Late 2002-2003 is really something else.

ReiGun

Triple H's reign of terror on one show and the combined forces of Dawn Marie vs. Torrie Wilson and Mr. America vs. Mr. McMahon on the other.

Late 2002-2003 is really something else.
I remember thinking Mr. America was about to be some dope mid carder.

Then it was just Hogan in a lame mask.

Gonna shoot for a second; Live Free or Die Hard is actually more than alright. It's totally divorced of what made the original great but on it's own, holy crap is it ridiculous.

Booker was supposed to beat Triple H. They decided to have Triple H go over because they had signed Goldberg, and Goldberg beating Raw's top heel and ending his reign of terror was more meaningful than if Booker beat Trips, then Trips won the title back via shenanigans.

Book should have won, if only because the message Trip's victory sent was terrible, but let's not act like it was just a burial for the sake of having a burial. It was a burial with a goal of getting a bigger star over later.

Mahonay

Banned
This is the first promo from after Booker became no. 1 contender. He actually mentions Booker's "nappy hair."

And it just keeps getting worse from there. And then HHH wins because....racism is a-okay, I guess.

triple-h-nod.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Booker was supposed to beat Triple H. They decided to have Triple H go over because they had signed Goldberg, and Goldberg beating Raw's top heel and ending his reign of terror was more meaningful than if Booker beat Trips, then Trips won the title back via shenanigans.

Book should have won, if only because the message Trip's victory sent was terrible, but let's not act like it was just a burial for the sake of having a burial. It was a burial with a goal of getting a bigger star over later.
So they decided racism winning was okay because Goldberg was on the horizon.

Mahonay

Banned
Orton isn't going to want to understand the argument around black lives matter no matter how simply out you put it to him. I've been going off on his Twitter account since his stupid shit went down. I wonder how that interview went and if Booker was able to get through to him
I'm curious too. Hopefully it wasn't some bullshit fluff piece to make Orton look better.

Randy Orton said:
“I basically said ‘Americans are dying no matter the color of their skin. Americans are dying.’ I also said ‘courage is what it takes to stand up and fight, not kneel or raise the fist during the National Anthem.’ I got a lot of backlash.

The comment I saw the most was, ‘How can you speak about courage and stand up and fight when you got a bad conduct discharge from the United States Marine Corps. I’d like to address that first off. That was 18 years ago. I was 18 years old, went straight into the United States Marine Corps bootcamp out in San Diego, California. I graduated bootcamp with a meritorious promotion, went on tot he school of infantry where I was a squad leader and a guide. When I went to the fleet, and I’m not here to talk about all the negative things I saw that made me come to this realization, but there were things that I wasn’t happy seeing and wasn’t proud being a part of. What I realized was, I didn’t have the courage to die for my country.

But, knowing that about myself, I saw in many of the other men and women that I was down there with, young men and women, you could see in their eyes that they were of that patriotic spirit where they would put their life on the line for this country. That’s courage right there. Now here we are 18 years later and a lot of these men and women served their country well. Some of them might have lost their lives. Some of them might have come home paralyzed from the waist down, the neck down, amputees, unable to make love to their spouses. Unable to go swimming with their children, unable to walk the dog or take their kids to the park. Depression, different types of mental illness from all the stress they went through. That’s sacrifice right there and the sacrifice that their families gave for them to either die or be brutally hurt for their country, that’s why I think you should stand up for the flag.

Taking a knee, listen, everyone has their right to their opinion and I do believe that. I respect everybody else’s opinion. And all these comments I read, I went through them and a few of them I kind of laughed at, but nonetheless, they’re opinions. That’s my stance.”

I don't understand why people suggest they're the same person...

He passed the lie detector test!
Fucking exactly. I mean I understand they have the same mustache and body appearance but so did Scott Hall and Magnum TA but we know they're definitely not the same guy. Damn marks.

Top Bottom