• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Menome

Getting back into the Wrasslin' .

I know it gets a lot of heat around here, but I like WCPW. The show seems to be vastly better than the first few episodes I watched too.

Is Raw still a 3 hour toilet break?

2.5 hour break. There's now approximately half an hour of Kevin Owens/Chris Jericho content, plus the new Cruiserweights.

It's PROGRESS DAY

XeoNS2tl.jpg

2500 in, biggest English indy show in decades

Zach

This is the first promo from after Booker became no. 1 contender. He actually mentions Booker's "nappy hair."

And it just keeps getting worse from there. And then HHH wins because....racism is a-okay, I guess.
I can't watch it yet! That would be cheating!
Booker was supposed to beat Triple H. They decided to have Triple H go over because they had signed Goldberg, and Goldberg beating Raw's top heel and ending his reign of terror was more meaningful than if Booker beat Trips, then Trips won the title back via shenanigans.

Book should have won, if only because the message Trip's victory sent was terrible, but let's not act like it was just a burial for the sake of having a burial. It was a burial with a goal of getting a bigger star over later.
Dude, I don't care. It's unacceptable no matter what.
Randy Orton is an idiot. "I respect everyone's opinion. I laughed at some, sure, but whatever." Such a deflecting, ignorant pile of garbage.

Zach

Anarchy Rulz 2000 has a cool opener. That's all I remember.
Yeah, that match wasn't bad at all.

And it's kinda fun seeing some of the dudes they had to bring in since all of their best talent (except for RVD) had left town. F'ing "Confederate Currency" Chris Hamrick...

...when are we doing another Avatar Rumble, by the way? >_>

Pikma

Banned
A lot of people get off on performers who can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. The dudes in-ing is unremarkable and forgettable. I can't even think of a single match he had this year, last year or the year before.
Shut up, I can't even remember a remarkable post of yours outside of this one and you don't see me out there trying to throw shit at anyone who likes you around here

For fucks sake, even when out of the WWE Del Rio is apparently still using the convenient corner stomp where his opponent just so happens to be holding himself up to get dropped on.

Jamie OD

It's PROGRESS DAY

XeoNS2tl.jpg

2500 in, biggest English indy show in decades

At intermission now. 1st half was good but two worrying moments happened. Rampage Brown took a Power Slam on the stage floor and it definitely took the wind out of him for a good part of the match.

There was also a scary one for Pastor Eaver Vs Sebastian. The match began with Eaver immediately hitting his Lariat finisher but it legit knocked out Sebastian and the match had to be called off. Thankfully Seb is ok but he had to be stretchered out as a precaution. Seb flipped everone off as he was being carried so at least he was ok enough to joke around.

Mahonay

Banned
At intermission now. 1st half was good but two worrying moments happened. Rampage Brown took a Power Slam on the stage floor and it definitely took the wind out of him for a good part of the match.

There was also a scary one for Pastor Eaver Vs Sebastian. The match began with Eaver immediately hitting his Lariat finisher but it legit knocked out Sebastian and the match had to be called off. Thankfully Seb is ok but he had to be stretchered out as a precaution. Seb flipped everone off as he was being carried so at least he was ok enough to joke around.
180px-WHY.jpg

Hope they work safe the rest of the show and no one kills themselves.

Orton's opinion is basically, "I think the positive things the flag represents are more important than the things people are protesting about, so I think people should stand".

I happen to disagree with his stance, if only because flag worship is fucking stupid, but I don't think it particularly matters that he thinks it, either.

People really seem to want to hold wrestlers accountable for their political opinions, lately.

Mahonay

Banned
Orton's opinion is basically, "I think the positive things the flag represents are more important than the things people are protesting about, so I think people should stand".

I happen to disagree with his stance, if only because flag worship is fucking stupid, but I don't think it particularly matters that he thinks it, either.

People really seem to want to hold wrestlers accountable for their political opinions, lately.
Fucking aye man. It's the worst.

Also, when did Rollins become "Haitch's boy" and Roman not? Roman was literally the member of the Shield pegged by Hunter to be the star of the group, per all the reports that were circulating while The Shield was together. I'd say Haitch's boys are more the NXT guys than any of The Shield, who were mostly FCW guys.

Roman's failure had everything to do with Vince totally screwing the pooch on booking him in any kind of logical way and failing to turn him into a property that actually generates a lot of money for the company. Dean Ambrose looks like garbage in the ring, yet he was Roman's equal when it came to drawing at house shows.

Mahonay

Banned
Also, when did Rollins become "Haitch's boy" and Roman not? Roman was literally the member of the Shield pegged by Hunter to be the star of the group, per all the reports that were circulating while The Shield was together. I'd say Haitch's boys are more the NXT guys than any of The Shield, who were mostly FCW guys.

Roman's failure had everything to do with Vince totally screwing the pooch on booking him in any kind of logical way and failing to turn him into a property that actually generates a lot of money for the company. Dean Ambrose looks like garbage in the ring, yet he was Roman's equal when it came to drawing at house shows.
Dean is by far the weakest wrestler out of the 3. Roman has really improved his ring work, while Dean is completely unchanged, and actually looks worse than he used to in a lot of matches. Dean does amazing character work when given the chance, a lot better than Roman in that category, but holy fuck does he seem not interested at all at improving his in ring work.

Top Bottom