• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Bronx-Man

Banned
People really seem to want to hold wrestlers accountable for their political opinions, lately.

Despite what most people think, I'm totally fine with racism/sexism/homophobia/etc as long as it's:

a) A work
B) leading up to heel losing to the face

That's why I loved Zeb & Swagger when they first started out the We the People gimmick. Shit was topical, drew headlines, & sorta got Del Rio over as a face. They didn't go far enough with it imo.

The most memorable thing The Drifter did was a twitter exchange with Nakamura. Plus, doesn't he go by Aron Rex in TNA now?
himZD0M.gif

Recall

So I'm going to try my best to stay up (1am) and watch Clash of Champions live.

TJP vs Kendrick
Zayn vs Jericho
Owens vs Rollins
Bayley vs Sasha vs Charlotte

All have my attention.

Tagyhag

So I'm going to try my best to stay up (1am) and watch Clash of Champions live.

I've been curious about fans in other countries.

Assuming you're British based on the start time, does everyone there just stay up for ppvs and the weekly shows or just DVR them and catch them the next day?

I assume the hardcore fans like WhatCulture stay up every time which sounds insane to me.

Assuming you're British based on the start time, does everyone there just stay up for ppvs and the weekly shows or just DVR them and catch them the next day?

I assume the hardcore fans like WhatCulture stay up every time which sounds insane to me.

I used to stay up (especially if I didn't have work on the Monday) but now I just find the PPVs on the high seas when I get home on Monday evening.

Recall

I used to stay up but being a father, husband and someone who works obscure hours I just have too many responsibilities to stay up often that's why I like that it's up on the Network instantly so I can watch at my leisure.

Back in 2000/2001 I would stay up everynight and be super tired for college the next day. Was usually worth it though.

orioto

Good Art™

I'm sleeping really late anyway. Sometimes i don't watch the end and i watch it the next day on the network.

But tonight is Owens's first ppv main event! i'm not sleeping!

The card is actually not bad at all. Cesaro and Sheamus should give everything they have, Kendrick/Perkins will be on the level of the CWC i hope (it should if they want to give credibility to that belt). Rusev and Reigns can do nicely to.

I just hope Rollins and Owens can have a great match and not a shenanigan fest. And that they book Owens strong! Everyone think Owens is retaining, but what if they push panic button after the ratings we don't know.

Last RAW he didn't look really good. Took both babyface finishers and had basically no mic time..

Oersted

WWE PPVs are mostly watched live or via VOD/Network.

Raw/Smackdown are programmed differently, depending on the local broacaster.

I always watch it live.

Every fucking PPV.

Tagyhag

The act of staying up really late to watch wrestling has a certain appeal to it but like some of you said, that seems far more appealing during the younger years when you didn't have to wake up for work in 3 hours.

It is interesting how WWE still has a big British fanbase considering those insane hours.

Since I've started watching, I've watched every PPV live. With them moving to one every few weeks or so, I am tempted to just start catching some the next day. Weekly shows I just catch highlights on YouTube and the like.

The act of staying up really late to watch wrestling has a certain appeal to it but like some of you said, that seems far more appealing during the younger years when you didn't have to wake up for work in 3 hours.

It is interesting how WWE still has a big British fanbase considering those insane hours.
I definitely don't envy ya'll in the UK for that reason.

Though, given how much the network has changed the way the PPV business works for them, I think it's only a matter of time before the WWE starts doing more UK events. I don't believe they would stand to lose any business if they did a WM in Wembley Stadium with like a 10AM PST start time.

Tagyhag

A Wrestlemania in the UK sounds awesome. We've only had 2 Wrestlemanias out of the country and Canada shouldn't even count!

Top Bottom