• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOOTEMBER Wrasslin' 2016 |OT2| Sometimes You Just Need to Shoot for a Double

Bubba T

WrestleMania 2000 deserves an F on the "McMahons in every corner" shit alone and here we are 16 years later and IT'S STILL ABOUT THEM!

My favorite part was Triple H being back Monday night completely no selling that shit.

Vince should of never left the announcers table

Menome

Should I win the full £60 return from bets tonight, I'm going to use my powers for the good of mankind and bet a tenner on Trump winning the election.

The Undertaker's debut was the end of kayfabe for me, a year or so later going to a house show and watching guys sell strikes that were a mile away from making contact buried any sense of reality.

I didn't know Linda and Vince were back on TV

Stephanie, Shane? Are they no longer McMahons?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, at Destruction in Kobe last night the crowd seems to have really tapered off on Yoshi-Hashi. For an underdog, his selling and facial emotes are nonexistent. Which reaffirms to me that they should have sacrificed the jobber for Sanada to just straight up kill him off tv for months and establish Sanada as LIJ's 'heavy' because putting Yoshi-Hashi over him now looks like the most short-term booking.

He just went back to being Okada's little buddy in tags.

Best part during Holey Foley was when Noelle was getting training from Sasha and Becky and just because Noelle was smiling too much Sasha out of nowhere just went like "quit smiling, we're not Diva's, we're woman wrestlers."

Best part during Holey Foley was when Noelle was getting training from Sasha and Becky and just because Noelle was smiling too much Sasha out of nowhere just went like "quit smiling, we're not Diva's, we're woman wrestlers."

That seems to be a consistent criticism from everyone considering how the last season of Tough Enough went.

Cagey

Banned
Sasha's such a fucking mark

OHSHITNOWAIT
Too late.

Qasbg26.gif

That seems to be a consistent criticism from everyone considering how the last season of Tough Enough went.
I've noticed Sasha brings it up a lot. Whether during interviews, backstage promos or in-ring promos. It's like Raw is still going on and on about the impact of the Diva's Revolution without actually really doing much to progress from such, but Smackdown is actually just going forward as women's wrestling without having Becky Lynch or Nikki Bella hammering it in every five seconds of how women can do anything. Smackdown is show, Raw is tell.

Recall

It's now 10pm. 3 hours until show time.

Kendrick vs TJP is going to be weird in front of a crowd who possibly won't give a fuck about either of them.

Tagyhag

It's now 10pm. 3 hours until show time.

Kendrick vs TJP is going to be weird in front of a crowd who possibly won't give a fuck about either of them.

They really dropped the ball with hyping up that match (and the division). Hopefully they can go over with wrestling alone but initially that match will have no heat.

ReiGun

I've noticed Sasha brings it up a lot. Whether during interviews, backstage promos or in-ring promos. It's like Raw is still going on and on about the impact of the Diva's Revolution without actually really doing much to progress from such, but Smackdown is actually just going forward as women's wrestling without having Becky Lynch or Nikki Bella hammering it in every five seconds of how women can do anything. Smackdown is show, Raw is tell.

It always seemed like it's a real sore spot for Sasha, whereas Becky and the other women have moved on. Nothing triggers her quite like bringing up the butterfly belt. lol

Though, it is understandable. It must be tough to be a woman who dreams of working in a field and at a place where your gender spent decades as just a sideshow. Her being a black woman most likely compounds the issue. But like you said, it'd be nice if the powers that be were advancing her division in a way that backed up her words about things changing.

Seriously, not having the actual Cruiserweight champ on Raw when it's a new belt with the champ not known might be the worst creative decision of the month year.

Seriously, not having the actual Cruiserweight champ on Raw when it's a new belt with the champ not known might be the worst creative decision of the month year.
It's even funnier when you realize they gave away the Demon entrance on a Raw, but wouldn't even have a champ talk shit or wave the night his division debuts

Tagyhag

It always seemed like it's a real sore spot for Sasha, whereas Becky and the other women have moved on. Nothing triggers her quite like bringing up the butterfly belt. lol

Though, it is understandable. It must be tough to be a woman who dreams of working in a field and at a place where your gender spent decades as just a sideshow. Her being a black woman most likely compounds the issue. But like you said, it'd be nice if the powers that be were advancing her division in a way that backed up her words about things changing.

That's understandable but she has to know she's destroying her body. Trying to outdo everyone isn't the way to get women's wrestling over.

SD is doing a great job at that and they're not killing themselves.

I do wonder If she thought about it during her injury break, I guess we'll see tonight if she'll start to take it a bit easier.

Definitely the worst choice of the month at the very least. You could have shoved him on commentary or maybe have him speak with Foley before the other four came out. Then have an in-ring staredown with him and Kendrick instead of a YouTube exclusive.

Not a chance in hell, DQ win at an absolute stretch.
You just wait 'till Foxy gets the Stunner.

Menome

Not a chance in hell, DQ win at an absolute stretch.

Nia Jax has been built up as the female monster wrestler with brought in jobbers. She needs to start bashing her way through the RAW Women's roster starting with someone low on the pecking order.

Which is why WWE will screw it up somehow by giving Fox a win.

Nia Jax has been built up as the female monster wrestler with brought in jobbers. She needs to start bashing her way through the RAW Women's roster starting with someone low on the pecking order.

Which is why WWE will screw it up somehow by giving Fox a win.
I see your logic but I think even WWE aren't that stupid.

MC Safety

I had a hard time getting through the episodes because it all seemed terribly forced, but I loved the scene where Mick's younger sons ragged on comedy shows and the people who attend them.

ReiGun

That's understandable but she has to know she's destroying her body. Trying to outdo everyone isn't the way to get women's wrestling over.

SD is doing a great job at that and they're not killing themselves.

I do wonder If she thought about it during her injury break, I guess we'll see tonight if she'll start to take it a bit easier.

Agreed. I think a lot of it is also her being young and too eager to please. Hopefully either she figured out that she's needlessly shortening her career or someone got in her ear and told her.

Agreed. I think a lot of it is also her being young and too eager to please. Hopefully either she figured out that she's needlessly shortening her career or someone got in her ear and told her.
Weren't there rumours Vince was hesitant to push her because she doesn't know how to tone it down a bit? I can believe it.

Top Bottom